Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19338 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2021, 03:23:27 pm »

Is this day of the questions? Yes on any other day but today. Not that it matters without the ability to investigate such, and day 1 claims may not be very useful. Since they'd get you killed.

With that being said, Why are you asking so many questions? Did the music drive you sane? What flaw do you have? Are these questions fishing?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2021, 03:30:10 pm »

Nirur Torir: Do you really listen to that acoustic torture?
Only rarely, but I'd like to point out that you're the one who typed out translated lyrics when I casually mentioned it.

It was the first thing that came up on googling. The blame I feel can be squarely placed upon you.

Is this day of the questions? Yes on any other day but today. Not that it matters without the ability to investigate such, and day 1 claims may not be very useful. Since they'd get you killed.

With that being said, Why are you asking so many questions? Did the music drive you sane? What flaw do you have? Are these questions fishing?

FLAW?! I am perfect in every way, just ask my therapist. And yes they are probably fishing. Do you like fishing? How useful do you think talking is for the general scumhunting goal anyway?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2021, 03:30:52 pm »

@FoU:
ToonyMan: What kinda bullshit is Web pulling this game?
I don't know. I'm kind of curious why he puts Luckyowl and Vector at the top of a very obvious and lazy RVS post.

Why did you do that Webadict?

Speaking of lazy RVS posts, same goes for you FoU and Nirur. Where's the soul? The personality? You're copy-pasting the OP list instead of choosing players yourself to RVS with.

PPE:
Caz too, come on guys don't give scum a free pass...

@Nirur:
Toony: You claim that you've almost never been voted D1 as scum, but you've been voted here. Since you've been double voted now, are you double confirmed as town?
Yes.

@TricMagic:
To TM(not me the other TM), bit harsh to claim us as the lower players. Who do you think should die first for the Greater Good of town?(the answer isn't the bad players it's the scummy ones.)
I've only seen your play actively harm town. However, yes I think Lucky should die first before you Tric.

What can you change to help? Are you willing to change?

PPE:
This is the shit I'm talking about. How are you helping here?

@mightymashymre:
Toonyman, I have two games on this subforum. I ... would not rate my own performance highly. Honestly,
*deep breath*
I'm naturally an introvert and simply joining up for this socially aggressive exercise was quite the challenge. Kind of a low bar, I know. I have been watching games during the interim since I last played; I've convinced myself that I've absorbed a better sense of how to read town from scum but whether I can put it into practice is a question I won't be able to answer until we're done here.
Sounds good.

Secretdorf, ToonyMan: Do you think parakeetkin should be forthcoming with what goes on in their quicktopic?
No, parakeetkins should stay quiet unless they've outed scum or can reason it as highly likely.

@Caz:
Toony
What if I said I was poisoned? Was it you? Would town use poison?
I'd use poison if I was reasonably sure I was targetting mafia, yeah.
Interesting, I'm about to unveil a game-breaking strategy so hold onto your seats.

Jim Groovester: Should you claim if your lover is about to be lynched?
Any reason you pick Jim and lover as the flaw for this question? Asking for a friend.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2021, 03:36:07 pm »

@Caz:
Toony
What if I said I was poisoned? Was it you? Would town use poison?
I'd use poison if I was reasonably sure I was targetting mafia, yeah.
Interesting, I'm about to unveil a game-breaking strategy so hold onto your seats.

Outstanding. I am most excited for this.

Jim Groovester: Should you claim if your lover is about to be lynched?
Any reason you pick Jim and lover as the flaw for this question? Asking for a friend.

It's all completely random, like every combination of letters on this very page that somehow produce something of legibility.

Why is asking questions givng scum a free pass? You ask everyone questions and it's lazy, you ask only certain people questions and it's lazy. What's the problem? Surely more information is good?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2021, 04:01:45 pm »

The Game Break Strategy (for Town, sorry):
I don't see the point in most of the investigates, other than truth verification. The good ones I see are Spy 2(Track), Surveyor 4(Watch), and Surveyor 5 (50% of actions tonight are public).
They're worth it, especially if Surveyor 5 uncovers the mafia kill. But they won't win the game, and so a strong day game, and doing more than relying on investigates, remains important.
This is very true.

There are no alignment inspects in this game, we have no true cops.

What we have in exchange are:

Tracking (Spy 2), Watching (Surveyor 4), and Protection (Doctor 2, Merchant 1).

We should all be working towards level 5 Surveyor, starting today.

If you already have 1 or 2 levels in Monk or Doctor then continue leveling that up instead because the level 5s are very pro-town. If a doctor starts infecting people instead we can kill them, more on that later.

If you really don't want to go into Surveyor for whatever reason, then go into Spy (only up to level 2), Merchant (only up to level 1), Doctor (all the way), or Monk (all the way).

We have role-blocks and misdirects and vote stealing and other goofy stuff, but I consider those neutral and risky so we should avoid if possible.

Lastly we have kills/poison/infection/doping which I am going to considering anti-town from this moment forward.

At night all of us need to spam our tracking, watching, and protects to detect or stop kills. Eventually we'll have a couple level 5 Surveyors that can all spam Spotlight to catch anybody using the mafiakill, among all the tracking and watching and protecting the rest of town will be doing as well. This will force the mafia to have to use other kills instead, and because only mafia will be performing kill/poison/infecting/doping at night we can still out them, got it?

A player becomes aware if they've become poisoned, infected, or doped. They should claim if this ever happens to them.

Spread the love, baby.

@Caz:
Why is asking questions givng scum a free pass? You ask everyone questions and it's lazy, you ask only certain people questions and it's lazy. What's the problem? Surely more information is good?
Asking questions isn't scummy. Doing the same thing to match everyone else, is.

By choosing everyone in your RVS you do not single any players out, it makes post-death rereads harder to scrutinize if you flip mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2021, 04:12:39 pm »

MOD Question:
Spotlight can stack, right? If there's more than one spotlight each one will roll 50% for each action?

Looking over this, I do see two problems that we'll need to address:

1. The Spy 1 ability can cover up a target's actions, so a scum partner could Coverup a buddy that's doing the kill.
Answer: We'll need to keep watch if somebody is targeting somebody with coverup, it's a vile action as well.

2. The Pellucid Llama species is hidden from enlightenment abilities.
Answer: We'll need to identify if there's any llamas with the Surveyor 1 ability, Check Papers.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2021, 04:15:56 pm »

At night all of us need to spam our tracking, watching, and protects to detect or stop kills. Eventually we'll have a couple level 5 Surveyors that can all spam Spotlight to catch anybody using the mafiakill, among all the tracking and watching and protecting the rest of town will be doing as well. This will force the mafia to have to use other kills instead, and because only mafia will be performing kill/poison/infecting/doping at night we can still out them, got it?

Even if we have someone that is level 2 surveyor already this is going to take until day 4 until they can use Spotlight. For everyone else, not until day 6.

Imo we are better off all getting Merchant 1 tonight and LITTERING the place with shields so mafia can't use their kill effectively.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2021, 04:17:39 pm »

We can even disperse shields in a round table format to find out who didn't give a shield to someone they were supposed to. :L

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2021, 04:20:07 pm »

It isn't guaranteed that we have any Town surveyors at all though, is it?

Vector: Do you think mechanics will be key in figuring out who is scum this game?

people keep asking me this ;_; I'm going to keep my head down and try to hunt scum. If someone gets lucky with a night action, then great. If not... too bad so sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2021, 04:21:42 pm »

ToonyMan: I don't see that being gamebreaking.
I'll assume bad luck, that scum starts with merchant 1, and no starting surveyors live to N4.

Lynch case:
D1, 10v3 lynched town
N1, 10v3 merchant 1 > 2, Scum1 gives sword to Scum2, Scum3 kills
D2, 9vs3, lynched town
N2, 8v3, kill, sword kill, and give a sword out
D3, 6v3, lynched town
N3, 5v3, 2 kills, town unlocks Watch
D4, 3v3, scum can win.

No lynch case:
N1, 11v3, 1 kill
D2, 10v3
N2, 2 kills
D3, 8v3
N3, 2 kills
D4, 6v3
N4, 2 kills, watch
D5, 4v3, scum lynch
N5, 4v2, 2 kills
D6, 2v2, scum can win.

Rushing rezz on everyone would be more fun, but still isn't gamebreaking.

It was the first thing that came up on googling. The blame I feel can be squarely placed upon you.
I think there's been a terrible misunderstanding. It's a meme song, not something I was seriously suggesting anyone spend 12 hours listening to.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2021, 04:22:21 pm »

True, if you aren't a level 1 Merchant yet we can start with that.

Everybody become a level 1 Merchant at the end of today if you aren't.

We should do a daisy-chain tonight, if somebody doesn't get a shield they can squeal on who the scum is they said they would sell them a shield.

PPE:
We can even disperse shields in a round table format to find out who didn't give a shield to someone they were supposed to. :L
Yes, this is way better than my initial plan. We do this tonight and then initiate Operation Spotlight after, all while constantly handing shields to each other.

It isn't guaranteed that we have any Town surveyors at all though, is it?
Yes, but we can make it happen. Plus with this round robin shield strategy we'll all be protected from standard kills.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2021, 04:23:55 pm »

This seems Not Fun :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2021, 04:24:35 pm »

I think shields make it work. We might want a few level 1 monks and doctors by N2, to remove curse and infection.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2021, 04:26:41 pm »

This seems Not Fun :V
Too bad. I want to win.

I think shields make it work. We might want a few level 1 monks and doctors by N2, to remove curse and infection.
Fair enough, but not for the end of this day. Everybody needs to be a level 1 Merchant at the end of today or you're mafia with something to hide.

I'll claim my role tomorrow if this works out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2021, 04:33:16 pm »

If you already have a shield from Night 0 or if you're an Antmen that's fine, don't stray from the plan still.

TricMagic Sell Shield ToonyMan
ToonyMan Sell Shield Caz
Caz Sell Shield FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist Sell Shield Vector
Vector Sell Shield Luckyowl
Luckyowl Sell Shield Secretdorf
Secretdorf Sell Shield mightymushroom
mightymushroom Sell Shield juicebox
juicebox Sell Shield Egan BW
Egan BW Sell Shield Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir Sell Shield webadict
webadict Sell Shield Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester Sell Shield Toaster
Toaster Sell Shield TricMagic

Let's get rich quick boys.

Does anybody see any problems with this?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21