Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19354 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - Signups & Gamebreaking Phase - [14/14]
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2021, 06:24:57 am »

Baking Roles Now...

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - Baking Roles 5/14 sent...
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2021, 08:39:30 am »

- Mightymushroom
My username is all lowercase. Now that we're living in an age of robot overlords helpful digital assistants I think it best to be scrupulous on the official player list.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - Baking Roles 5/14 sent...
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2021, 08:53:59 am »

- Mightymushroom
My username is all lowercase. Now that we're living in an age of robot overlords helpful digital assistants I think it best to be scrupulous on the official player list.
Actually, case doesn't matter to Mamobo. Only spelling.

Plus, we can always add nicknames and Mamobo can find those.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - N0
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2021, 09:55:01 am »

The Primarch of the Grand Council of Mump Simus is a position coveted by all the guilds in the city. Together they come to the great convocation chamber to select a series of electors through a time honoured tradition of ritual murder. Due to this gruesomeness, and the attendant intrigue, assassination, and general foul play, the Guilds work through proxies, hooded and masked. If this wasn't bad enough, this year it's certain that the gathering will be infiltrated by three agents of the former Doge. They don't want agreement in the Council, they want to destroy it entirely. And so, the ritual murder must continue until all of these agents are deposed of.

In the first Night of the Convocation, the Guildsfolk shuffle in the dark chamber, trying to feel out who they can trust before the proceedings truly start. For once they begin, nothing can stop the slaying until the council is purged of potential heretics and ne'r

N0 has begun. There are no [KILL] actions possible on N1. D1 will begin at Tuesday 3.30pm on the 16th of February GMT, or sooner if all actions are submitted. If you don't intend to send an action, please let me know. If you have a quicktopic, you may send actions via those.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:59:32 am by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - N0
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2021, 10:24:15 am »

D1 Begins

The guild members shuffle about in the dark until the great chandeliers are lit. The convocation has begun. Who will be banished from this mortal coil?

Vote Count
- TricMagic
- Toony
- Caz
- FallacyofUrist
- Vector
- LuckyOwl
- Secretdorf
- mightymushroom
- Juicebox
- Egan BW
- Nirur Torir
- Webadict
- Jim Groovester
- Toaster

Hammer is set to 8. Day ends in 72 hours or on the hammer. Deadline: Friday 19th Feb, 3.30 GMT

Note: if you sent in an action and didn't receive a PM, it's just because there are not typically action confirmations in this game. I'll PM you if your action gives you info.

At the end of D1, if you survive, you will gain a level in a new profession of your choice: either an existing profession you have or a new profession. Send these picks when you send in your night actions. You can of course use a new ability on the same cycle in which you gained it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 10:29:48 am by notquitethere »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2021, 10:31:55 am »

Hello Toonyman, sorry if I made a fool of you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2021, 10:46:20 am »

Luckyowl, should I vote you?
Vector, you weren't talking in Mafiachat much, what's our plan?
TricMagic, why should I vote whoever you want me to vote?
ToonyMan, djwj fjrjsow djtkw fkakw, gms?
Caz.
FallacyofUrist, is are were was am be?
Vector, you get to be on the list twice.
Secretdorf, ToonyMan or Nirur Torir?
mightymushroom, why am I 100% sure you're Mafia?
juicebox, why am I 100% sure you're Mafia?
Egan BW, um... Keep up the good work.
Nirur Torir, what is sanity?
webadict, fuck you.
Jim Groovester, are you gonna carry me to victory?
Toaster, same question as Jim's but also we vote the Masons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2021, 11:05:36 am »

Egan BW, um... Keep up the good work.

Yes sir, I'll try sir.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2021, 11:07:52 am »

@Secretdorf:
Hello Toonyman, sorry if I made a fool of you.
Is this a question? Being voted Day 1 proves I'm town at least so thanks.

I haven't been voted Day 1 as mafia in over 5 years.

@Webadict:
Gri ny iye ny drsc dy wo?

@TricMagic, Luckyowl:
You're not helpful as town, what can you change to help? Do you want to help this game?

@mightymushroom, Egan BW:
I don't really know you, how do you plan to help? Do you have past games you can show as evidence?

@Juicebox:
Gonna lurk? The player with the least amount of posts has consistently been mafia lately, will this be true here?

@Vector:
Is Webadict right that you're in a mafiachat with him? Who is the third member? Toaster? Jim? Me?

@Caz:
What if I said I was poisoned? Was it you? Would town use poison?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2021, 11:10:17 am »

MOD Question:
This game consists of 11 town players and 3 mafia players and 0 anything else, correct?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2021, 11:15:53 am »

MOD Question:
This game consists of 11 town players and 3 mafia players and 0 anything else, correct?
That's absolutely correct. There are no third parties in CYOM4 and the mafia are a known quantity.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2021, 11:19:54 am »

@mightymushroom, Egan BW:
I don't really know you, how do you plan to help? Do you have past games you can show as evidence?

I've played one game on this subforum. It was a bastard where everyone was mafia and had too many powers. At some point I used a power which made it look like I was daykilled, but actually I wasn't. I'm sure that this is a great example to show my innocence.

As for how I plan to help, I plan to use my role powers and vote for whoever looks skummiest, because I don't have enough experience to perform any more complicated maneuvers than that.

Vector, you weren't talking in Mafiachat much, what's our plan?
@Vector:
Is Webadict right that you're in a mafiachat with him? Who is the third member? Toaster? Jim? Me?

Well, looks like an open and shut case to me folks. It's clearly webaddict, Toonyman, and Vector. They're "practically" admitting to it!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2021, 11:25:13 am »

I just realized I lied so I'm going to correct that.

4maskwolf voted me in Vengeful 12.5 right at Day start, that's the only example of me being voted Day 1 as mafia.

So yeah that would prove Secret is mafia if I was also mafia this game, but I'm not unfortunately so nothing to really go on there...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2021, 11:28:26 am »

@Webadict:
Gri ny iye ny drsc dy wo?
I don't believe you, but fair. Hard Townread.

Egan_BW scumlean. No one thanks me ever.

NQT, hard scumread, knows who is mafia.

Secretdorf ToonyMan logic is flawless.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2021, 12:02:30 pm »

Nani, kawaii desu?

Anyways, I’m posting from phone because winter is taking revenge on everyone here in Murica.

Sending everyone RVS questions will be suffering, so I’ll offload the work to my hypothetically existing alternate personalities.

No, fuck you Fallacy. We share the work or don’t help at all, nyaa?

I suppose that’s fair.

TricMagic: Who would be your favorite two scum partners to work with, and why?

ToonyMan: What kinda bullshit is Web pulling this game?

Caz: How powerful is lurking, for the mafia?

Fallacy: Hello, me.

Vector: What direction do you intend to take your scum hunting this game? What is the magnitude of your certainty in its effectiveness?

Luckyowl Uh. Right, nya. Fal says you’ve played in a lot of mafia games recently. Do you think you’ve learned anything from all those games?

Secretdorf: How useful is the fact that we know exactly how many mafia members are here, nya?

mushroom: Fal would say something here, but he doesn’t get to because he’s a wiener. Do you believe in magic?

juicebox:: What’re the advantages to an early claim in a game like this nya?

Egan_BW: It is in the nature of these games to be twisty affairs. We all wear masks of deception, some more than others. It can be a trying situation for many. To what extent can we truly trust our reads of players during the ‘Day’ phase?

Nirur Torir: Have you pondered the rate of our deaths? There are many different ways for a player in this game to die. An Assassin could have started the game with the ability to poison, for simply one example. Should we expect the death rate to snowball beyond our control in time?

webadict. Your username is putrid and I refuse to attempt to engage with your nonsense.

Jim Groovester: What is the most common mistake a mafia player will make while pretending to be a member of the town? What tactic will the strongest mafia members apply the most, in your estimation?

Toaster: When should a town aligned player attempt to deceive their fellow team members?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21