Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19286 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2021, 11:08:51 am »

The plan was very not fun, but I was hoping to become a lvl 5 necromancer and resurrect people. This was like D&D. Was fun while it lasted. Perhaps, we'll have a replay of its bit more balanced version.

Also, toonyman, you were beetleswarm!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2021, 11:11:47 am »

Toony was also lovers with Vector and not Jim. Fake claim which lover is a classic ploy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2021, 11:17:57 am »

Town had three Beetleswarms and two Level 2 Doctors, we could have spammed Medium as a level 1 CORPSE action to bring the three of us back over and over. Beetleswarm might be broken if no mafia have it.

Meanwhile mafia got two Level 2 Surveyors (lol) and also the incredibly terrible Afflicted and Corrupt flaws. Ouch.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2021, 11:21:19 am »

Some of the worse flaws could come with a semi-randomized or flaw-specific 1-shot, to counterbalance the feeling of being crippled.

I thought Egan was town. I'm pleased that I called Mightymushroom being scum.
I was starting to worry about Vector and Wuba working together. From my RVS question to Vector about how we'd catch a Vector+Wuba scum team ("Maybe we'd get into a fight and bus each other"), to Vector saying they wouldn't be grilling Wuba yet again this game. I didn't really thinking about that until I felt like they'd both town-leaned my top scum pick and were pushing towards Toaster.
Despite that, the Toaster lynch was convincing. Without scum leaving, I'd have likely gone along with that, then turned suspicion towards W+V, splitting my limited abilities between them and Mushroom and not gotten much done D2, especially while psyching myself out about my ineffectual attacks on the top tier players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2021, 11:27:17 am »

I never got to make my reads list but I basically felt conflicted about everyone. It's only luck that my three picks were the mafia team.

I felt most strongly that Caz and Nirur were town, that's pretty much it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2021, 11:36:11 am »

I just focused on Tric since I don't know how Egan or MM act in normal games re: pressure etc. Egan seemed more 'new' than 'scum' to me.

Beetleswarm does seem like another OP choice. Until mafia get the corpse destroying ability town can basically revive and confirm them.

Edit: Actually it's even worse - "When you die you leave 1d100 corpses". So even destroying the corpse doesn't get rid of them, since they are likely to have more.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:38:28 am by Caz »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2021, 11:37:11 am »

I never got to make my reads list but I basically felt conflicted about everyone. It's only luck that my three picks were the mafia team.

I felt most strongly that Caz and Nirur were town, that's pretty much it.
Eh, guessing all the Mafia D1 is a pipe dream. All I was 100% sure of was that LuckyOwl was Town. Pretty sure ToonyMan and Jim was Town. Unsure on the rest. I wasn't sure MM was Town, but they weren't scummy enough to go after Today for sure.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2021, 11:38:29 am »

Toony was also lovers with Vector and not Jim. Fake claim which lover is a classic ploy.

If I had played out N1 I was totally targeting Vector for mafiakill. Throwing Parakeet chat into disarray was prime chaos material.

Edit:
It's only luck that my three picks were the mafia team.
And I hated you for it, it was pretty clearly based on who wasn't part of your campfire circle.
Only Webadict out of town ever seriously opposed the Plan. It did rather isolate us, and there was no sign that Toony was following up on that.

Edit2:
I wasn't sure MM was Town, but they weren't scummy enough to go after Today for sure.
Better than nothing. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:50:13 am by mightymushroom »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2021, 12:02:04 pm »

Nobody tells me what to do. I was seriously considering doing my own thing at Night anyway, since I had Magnetic, and needed a way to do things that actually got scum elims.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2021, 12:57:34 pm »

Oh, well, that was unexpected.  Clearly I can't D1 with too many people.

Town had three Beetleswarms and two Level 2 Doctors, we could have spammed Medium as a level 1 CORPSE action to bring the three of us back over and over. Beetleswarm might be broken if no mafia have it.

Meanwhile mafia got two Level 2 Surveyors (lol) and also the incredibly terrible Afflicted and Corrupt flaws. Ouch.

Personally, I think Beetleswarm is quite powerful for either side; either waste town time as scum or insta-confirmed townie.  If I had moved toward lynch, I would have claimed as such and said "go ahead and lynch me, you can get me back."

What if instead of a profession tree, you had an ability grid, a la Path of Exile or Final Fantasy 12?  Obviously not that large, but the general concept of skills in a web instead of a direct line.  There'd be several "entry points" into the web, and you get one for free.  Buying an extra entry point costs you a Flaw.

Designing such a web would be quite the undertaking, however.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2021, 02:00:34 pm »

If I had played out N1 I was totally targeting Vector for mafiakill. Throwing Parakeet chat into disarray was prime chaos material.

Yep, I got that sense: "I'm dying tonight!"

I wouldn'ta minded either, because I didn't have a vote :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]