Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39742 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2021, 04:43:59 pm »

Because it's an easy vote you can do while blending into the shadows and not having to pick up the slack left to you. You can just borrow arguments from other people and pretend their yours. Nothing that I've seen from you is uniquely yours. You're just a bandwagoner. Also, you're voting TricMagic, and that's just dumb. TricMagic is basically Town, unless you want to claim they fakeclaimed as Miller, which is just... It's just not likely to happen.
Alright. I've got homework for you. Point out my votes where I join a bandwagon, find three and you get a cookie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2021, 05:52:48 pm »

Because it's an easy vote you can do while blending into the shadows and not having to pick up the slack left to you. You can just borrow arguments from other people and pretend their yours. Nothing that I've seen from you is uniquely yours. You're just a bandwagoner. Also, you're voting TricMagic, and that's just dumb. TricMagic is basically Town, unless you want to claim they fakeclaimed as Miller, which is just... It's just not likely to happen.
Alright. I've got homework for you. Point out my votes where I join a bandwagon, find three and you get a cookie.
You've voted a total of four times, unless you want to be pedantic and call your double TricMagic votes as separate, but I don't because you voted the same in-between each one.

Your first vote was for Vector, an RVS vote. There was a useless question attached:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Useless drivel. You were concerned about "hammering Luckyowl," but it sounds an awful lot like you care a lot more about your image. Considering that the question itself doesn't appear to have any real backing behind it, we can safely remove this from the pool of candidates for "three votes".

Thus, we must prove that all three of your only votes were bandwagoning, which sort of makes you look like you're useless to the game because you're wasting time and posting space on being really bad at the game. And even if I get my cookie, you'll say, "Who cares?" and continue on with your charade.

But, that's the funny part, see:
You're holding your vote on fucking Vector for a fucking RVS question, instead of the two people you were actually suspicious of: hector13 for fucking something about being an important role that shouldn't be killed (which hints that you're drinking the wine, or you're NOT drinking the wine and you actually fear hector13's role) and ToonyMan for rolefishing while you rolefished hector13 to explain both what their role is (You attempted to look up what a Clown was, which means you definitely believed it was a possibility, and then demanded I explained what it was afterward when you were unable to find it.)

Easy and bad targets.

Eventually you unvoted me after being goaded into it because you realized your garbage vote on Vector for an RVS question that ultimately has no bearing on the game, and you probably will get flak for it.
You'll also note that you kept your vote on Vector to pressure them, which is why you couldn't unvote, and then you unvoted them to vote me, supposedly because you realized that that statement is stupidly hypocritical.

These are literally two conflicting statements. You can pretend like they're not, but they are. You literally acknowledge that a vote has more pressure behind it, but you also refuse to move your vote to pressure the players you are actually suspicious of over the one you RVSed. Like, explain that one to me, Einstein, I might learn more about Relativism. Is there pressure needed to answer that RVS question?

After that, you voted TricMagic, presumably because you can't come up with a way to make someone look guilty but only does so through game mechanics. No, wait, you also voted them for calling you Town, which, indeed, might be a lynchable offense, since you're clearly doing nothing to show that. Instead, you're acting like people calling people Town is somehow a scummy defense, which explains your suspicions so far are on people that have defended other people. You have been using some sort of weird tying system to create covert teams in plain sight, which is a neat way to get out of being suspected since you won't have to deal with the flak when your suspect is lynched by saying it was the other person that was suspicious instead.

So, maybe you're right in that you're not a true bandwagoner, but your votes have been, at best, purely game mechanics related, and at worst,, purely on those that defended another player, and any real evidence has been provided by someone else. Also, if you didn't really think you were a bandwagoner, you would've said find one instance, especially since you only voted 4 times. Guess you don't truly believe in your ability to defend your past votes or deal with suspicion, do you?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2021, 09:57:52 pm »

Firstly, I'll skip over the Vector RVS a bit since it was without much substance, which is to be expected from an RVS vote. And between going out to eat and general living stuff alongside starting with a relatively unsubstantial subject, I had to re-read and try to re-contemplate how to argue over the post.

Anyway, on to hector. He was throwing weird ass distracting nonsense out that grabbed my attention, and because it had to do with role based shenanigans, of course it's going to look like rolefishing. My focus was the worse than useless hinting and breadcrumbing he was doing. Afterwards my attacks were centered around his flaky behavior.

Now as for it being an 'easy target', are you arguing we should just give a free pass for damnable behavior just because it's 'too easy'? That's clearly asking for mafia to run rampant with pure bullshit leaving town too confused to accomplish anything.

Next we have my switch from Vector to you, I clearly explained how I don't need to use my vote to pressure people, I moved my vote onto you because I was convinced you were worth killing. I need my vote to do that.

Previously the point was to use my vote to pressure the inactive, then hopefully to pressure more viable targets after I got readouts, you on the other hand took me straight to murder-mode.

Yes, I could have switched to hector, but I wanted to force a reaction from Vector first, I'd only have switch during that phase if I found a target worth shooting, thus you.

Now onto the 'people who are defending people' part. Hector was targeted for flaky nonsense, he defended nobody. You were targeted for bullshit passivity and reasoning for passivity and my vote only moved after said bullshit reasoning. Then tricmagic for wild claiming, buddying, and throwing crazy ass wifom in self defense, too many factors together for me to trust.

You have completely failed to back up your accusation of bandwagoning and have thrown out more wild accusations in the form of this... tying... thing? Just no.

I'm done, this vote is not getting switched Webadict.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2021, 10:17:18 pm »

@Vector:
Yes.
Wanna explain? The way I see it is that the only way we can possibly leave SecretDorf alive after today is if 1. someone can verify their claim. 2. we manage to weaponize their abilities to avoid LYLO.
So how are you planning to handle part 1 of this sequence?
Sorry, I'm referring to Luckyowl here. I'm willing to share a little bit if Luckyowl is okay with it too. Luckyowl?

what are you talking about? Do you have some sort of day action that allow you to see my alignment? but whatever is, sure.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2021, 10:26:04 pm »

So here's a question, if I claimed a survivor with a very useful power for town, will I be allowed to live? I have my own ability to save myself from scum kills.

Well, I won't be a burden for town, as I have another ability that can help town to win but I won't be revealing that yet.

hmmm, I say yeah, but you better careful with these sort of claims and I do hope you're being truthful, because bluffing on day 1 can really hurt you on day 2 when you have nothing to back up your claims. Just warning you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 24, 2021, 10:43:17 pm »

@Secretdorf stuff:
Right now I'm looking over Secretdorf's posts in the game so far. I'm cool with lynching a claimed 3rd party, but I'd feel better if I was confident they were fake-claiming as mafia (or mafia-ally, or SK).
I think the claim is legit.

Their posts come off as a survivor working independently (Evidence #1, Evidence #2) and they responded quickly with a D4 wincon which seems reasonable.

@Luckyowl:
@Vector:
Yes.
Wanna explain? The way I see it is that the only way we can possibly leave SecretDorf alive after today is if 1. someone can verify their claim. 2. we manage to weaponize their abilities to avoid LYLO.
So how are you planning to handle part 1 of this sequence?
Sorry, I'm referring to Luckyowl here. I'm willing to share a little bit if Luckyowl is okay with it too. Luckyowl?
what are you talking about? Do you have some sort of day action that allow you to see my alignment? but whatever is, sure.
Alright.

Luckyowl and I are non-SK masons and we share a private quicktopic together. Our alignments are not confirmed by the mod, but we know that neither one of us are a SK. We can only use the quicktopic at night. It's not as powerful as confirmed masons and I wanted to be sure I could reasonably trust Lucky. I have at least one more ability besides the masonry so I assume Lucky does as well.

If we share our actions and results with each other at night privately we can make sure the other player is doing what they said. If one of us dies at night the other player can tell everyone what the dead player did and said.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 24, 2021, 10:45:02 pm »

Fine. Webadict, are you serious about Luckyowl?
Absolutely. I one hundred percent believe that they are a liability, and that if I'm gonna waste a lynch on Luckyowl, it'd definitely be on them, because I do not believe that someone who will lose it for the Town should be alive later than they should be.

I mean, if you want I'll agree to be lynch on day 2 or better yet, you can try to kill me tonight if you think I'm that much of a liability. I still think you're scum though. Vector really did nothing to help you paint you as town. So might vote will rest on you. Webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2021, 10:46:22 pm »

Damn SHAD0W, you might be bad at this game if you think I'm scum. I want you to reconsider your position right now, because you're a complete moron. I don't say that lightly. I absolutely think you need to visit a doctor, so that people can watch you during the day so you don't hurt yourself. I would take sharp object from your purview and hand them off to a qualified adult. How brittle your ego must be to be so easily convinced I'm scum.

I like that you tried, but I want you to think of something: Are you willing to trade me for you? And when I flip Town, what are you gonna do? Volunteer yourself or backpedal? I guarantee that if you believe that hard in yourself, then you're either scum or worse than Luckyowl.

You are an unfortunate problem. You think you're better than you are. But, you're not. If you were, you'd be looking at other people. Because I'm not scum, and pretty obviously at that. I honestly don't believe anything I say will convince you of that, and that's mostly because you can't fathom a reality outside of the one you live in, where everyone is out to get you.

And honestly, trading you for me sounds really funny right now because that's like easy mode for me. I don't really give a shit if I die, there's like 7 more Townies to take my place. Well, 6, if you're somehow Townie, but if you are, you kinda deserve to not be in the game.

I dunno, to me, it feels like you might be shit-tier Town, but, I mean, if you're deadset on it, I'm willing to fuck over the Town if that's all it's gonna be with you. You're basically a worse Luckyowl at this point, so you're gonna be completely useless. You'll be so convinced I'm scum that you'll give up at that point, and to me, that's a vacation. Or I won't be lynched, and then you'll spend every Day trying to lynch me. That's gonna go nowhere and get real old, real fast.

I like when people think I'm Town when I'm Town. Makes my job easier. I'm here to find scum. I'm not here to be shit-for-brains like you. So, what's it gonna be? Gonna calm down, or do you want to temper tantrum some more because you can't see what's in front of your eyes?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2021, 10:48:30 pm »

I mean, if you want I'll agree to be lynch on day 2 or better yet, you can try to kill me tonight if you think I'm that much of a liability. I still think you're scum though. Vector really did nothing to help you paint you as town. So might vote will rest on you. Webadict.
Luckyowl, if I had the ability to kill you, I would gladly do so.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2021, 10:54:09 pm »

Luckyowl, if I had the ability to kill you, I would gladly do so.

of course you would.  ;)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2021, 10:58:15 pm »

If it matters, that pretty much shows ToonyMan is likely Town. Not as much for Luckyowl, but whatcha gonna do?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 24, 2021, 10:58:35 pm »

nuclear fallout
Webadict, if you're town how does this help, at all? Do you think shitting on Shadow is going to make him think you're town?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2021, 11:02:03 pm »

Damn SHAD0W, you might be bad at this game if you think I'm scum. I want you to reconsider your position right now, because you're a complete moron. I don't say that lightly. I absolutely think you need to visit a doctor, so that people can watch you during the day so you don't hurt yourself. I would take sharp object from your purview and hand them off to a qualified adult. How brittle your ego must be to be so easily convinced I'm scum.

I like that you tried, but I want you to think of something: Are you willing to trade me for you? And when I flip Town, what are you gonna do? Volunteer yourself or backpedal? I guarantee that if you believe that hard in yourself, then you're either scum or worse than Luckyowl.

You are an unfortunate problem. You think you're better than you are. But, you're not. If you were, you'd be looking at other people. Because I'm not scum, and pretty obviously at that. I honestly don't believe anything I say will convince you of that, and that's mostly because you can't fathom a reality outside of the one you live in, where everyone is out to get you.

And honestly, trading you for me sounds really funny right now because that's like easy mode for me. I don't really give a shit if I die, there's like 7 more Townies to take my place. Well, 6, if you're somehow Townie, but if you are, you kinda deserve to not be in the game.

I dunno, to me, it feels like you might be shit-tier Town, but, I mean, if you're deadset on it, I'm willing to fuck over the Town if that's all it's gonna be with you. You're basically a worse Luckyowl at this point, so you're gonna be completely useless. You'll be so convinced I'm scum that you'll give up at that point, and to me, that's a vacation. Or I won't be lynched, and then you'll spend every Day trying to lynch me. That's gonna go nowhere and get real old, real fast.

I like when people think I'm Town when I'm Town. Makes my job easier. I'm here to find scum. I'm not here to be shit-for-brains like you. So, what's it gonna be? Gonna calm down, or do you want to temper tantrum some more because you can't see what's in front of your eyes?

Yeah, TM is right...this is a bit too far don't you think? I mean...is everything alright?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2021, 11:03:13 pm »

If it matters, that pretty much shows ToonyMan is likely Town. Not as much for Luckyowl, but whatcha gonna do?
Yep. I want to build a town powerhouse off of this if possible.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 24, 2021, 11:04:34 pm »

Now, here's the funny part: You may be unwilling to engaged here if you've got a role that allows you to bypass, and it's quite possible that I ignored this possibility. That would be an easy out for you here, but if that's the case, I'm willing to counteract it by saying that claiming as such will leave you, while not protected, but very much avengable. Let me cast out a line in your direction, you can tell me if I've been hooking the worm correctly.

Nice rolefishing. No comment on that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57