Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39696 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2021, 02:09:42 pm »

@Webadict:
Fine. Webadict, are you serious about Luckyowl?
Absolutely. I one hundred percent believe that they are a liability, and that if I'm gonna waste a lynch on Luckyowl, it'd definitely be on them, because I do not believe that someone who will lose it for the Town should be alive later than they should be.
What if I told you I could make them not a liability?
Do you?
Yes.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 24, 2021, 02:12:59 pm »

Well, I won't be a burden for town, as I have another ability that can help town to win but I won't be revealing that yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 24, 2021, 02:14:02 pm »

Hmm.

Aren’t survivors considered mafia-sided (in terms of meta) round these parts?

‘cause I’m not averse to lynching Secretdorf, but much in the same vein of Tric’s Miller claim, I would much rather it get dealt with during the night than via lynch.

*sigh*

I guess it’s useful to know? Could be a fakeclaim but there are much better things to fakeclaim.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 24, 2021, 02:18:53 pm »

If they're immune to kills like they say then lynching is pretty much the only way to deal with them.

I've never heard of a role that is immune to kills and also some other mystery ability. But then again it's a very odd thing to fakeclaim too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2021, 02:21:01 pm »

If they're immune to kills like they say then lynching is pretty much the only way to deal with them.

I've never heard of a role that is immune to kills and also some other mystery ability. But then again it's a very odd thing to fakeclaim too.
Front page has a Colossus example.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 24, 2021, 02:28:03 pm »

Well I'll just sit over here in the corner then.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2021, 02:30:11 pm »

Secretdorf:
It sounds like you are rolefishing, Toaster. I'm not gonna waste my time on juicebox if its not gonna do any good. I'd rather vote Toaster or Webadict.

How?

So here's a question, if I claimed a survivor with a very useful power for town, will I be allowed to live? I have my own ability to save myself from scum kills.

Well... that's a thing.  A questionably believable thing.  It's plausible, but I'm not sure I believe you yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2021, 02:43:43 pm »

FYI I have a midterm on Monday.

Vector - 70% Non-Town: Vector... lied to me? :( Something feels off about Vector, but I can't put a good reason behind it. They let me off too easily, and they aren't trying to find out my alignment. If they said their role was one that followed the same pattern, I'd have felt better, but they didn't... >:| Liar. And with them going after juicebox... I just don't know. I don't want to lynch Vector because I want to play with them too much, but if they're Mafia... I gotta do it.

You know as well as I do that someone being the first vote on Juicebox is necessary if we're trying to get everyone active and playing D1.

Are you seriously going to waste all this time on "r u town?" "ya." "LIER!!"? You think I'm 70% scum, come lynch me bro.

Vector
No, previous experience would suggest "obviously not." I find it interesting that you're here to draw attention away from the Secretdorf wagon that suddenly started forming, NQT.
I'm trying to unpack the accusation here. Do you think I was trying to prevent more people from voting Secretdorf (i.e. draw attention onto an alternative wagon), or do you think I was trying to get people not to think about the wagon so that it could continue on? And how exactly was I doing one of these (mutually exclusive) goals?

To clarify, if Secretdorf is noobscum, it's to the scumteam advantage to try to make some noise elsewhere. Webadict did this quite a bit in the recent BM.

If LO is town, lynching LO as a D1 policy lynch and using that to flatten activity and discussion would be a good starter move for scum, so I'm looking for people who are redirecting attention from existing, behavior-based wagons to LO on policy.

Yes, but FoU is trying to make them more town-sided, as I understand it (see OP).

Yes.

Wanna explain? The way I see it is that the only way we can possibly leave SecretDorf alive after today is if 1. someone can verify their claim. 2. we manage to weaponize their abilities to avoid LYLO.

So how are you planning to handle part 1 of this sequence?

... Makes for an easy scum fakeclaim.

I think that lynching on the policy of "scum could be claiming a powerful pro-town role!!" is something we should be wary of, simply because of how things went down with the masons lynch in BYOR15. I agree with Webadict that it's probably a 3P scumteam + 1 3rd party.

I'm completely good with lynching the claimed 3rd party D1, but we have some time to keep looking for scum and think about what to do with protecting Town from another LuckyOwl LYLO.

So yeah -- juicebox, talk to me.

1. Who's scum?
2. What do you think about the survivor and miller claims?
3. What do you think about the LOLYLO situation?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2021, 02:56:12 pm »

@Vector:
Yes.
Wanna explain? The way I see it is that the only way we can possibly leave SecretDorf alive after today is if 1. someone can verify their claim. 2. we manage to weaponize their abilities to avoid LYLO.
So how are you planning to handle part 1 of this sequence?
Sorry, I'm referring to Luckyowl here. I'm willing to share a little bit if Luckyowl is okay with it too. Luckyowl?

Right now I'm looking over Secretdorf's posts in the game so far. I'm cool with lynching a claimed 3rd party, but I'd feel better if I was confident they were fake-claiming as mafia (or mafia-ally, or SK).

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2021, 03:00:30 pm »

Right now I'm looking over Secretdorf's posts in the game so far. I'm cool with lynching a claimed 3rd party, but I'd feel better if I was confident they were fake-claiming as mafia (or mafia-ally, or SK).

Another downside with keeping Secretdorf alive is the inability to confirm their alignment. It will just show as 'other' which includes the maf-allies and SKs.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2021, 03:01:26 pm »

(This is in addition to a survivor being able to throw in with mafia later in the game if things start going badly for town)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2021, 03:12:40 pm »

Vector
If LO is town, lynching LO as a D1 policy lynch and using that to flatten activity and discussion would be a good starter move for scum, so I'm looking for people who are redirecting attention from existing, behavior-based wagons to LO on policy.
OK, that makes sense. So to clarify things: I too would be suspicious of any serious policy lynch attempt on LO absent of any other reasons.

On that note...

Webadict, I'm a reasonable guy-- persuade me why we should policy lynch LO?

Like, I honestly don't even really think you're the most suspicious player anymore
What's your second best case on a player?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2021, 03:13:21 pm »

Sorry, I'm referring to Luckyowl here. I'm willing to share a little bit if Luckyowl is okay with it too. Luckyowl?

Thank you for clarifying. I look forward to hearing about this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2021, 03:14:16 pm »

Thank you for clarifying. I look forward to hearing about this.
Yeah me too >_>

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2021, 03:23:27 pm »

Hector
Hmm.

I think they're considered slightly scum-helpful if they don't help lynch scum, sure. They have an incentive not to be too useful, lest they get themselves hit by the mafia. Also I believe it's thought an obvious fakeclaim for serial killers (though I don't think I've personally seen that happen). Do you think survivors are mafia-sided?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57