Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39790 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2021, 07:06:15 pm »

Hector:
I am literally telling people not to read as much into what I’m saying as they appear to be, because I’ve hidden nothing (except one tiny nugget of a hint at something that doesn’t mean anything), how is that trying to draw attention to myself?

The only thing I’ve said of consequence is that I think Tric is town, and I’ll add to it that I currently think Secretdorf is more likely than not scum, and SHADOWDump might be town.

Ehhhhhh I still feel like you were there.  Maybe I'm wrong, but...

TricMagic:
Toaster, why do I need a reason to vote luckyowl?

I'd damn sure hope you had a reason for every vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2021, 07:10:46 pm »

See SHAD0Wdump? Look at hector now. I can't vote him, he's actually right. You don't vote someone for being right about things, especially not on Day 1.

If you think it's a hector13/webadict scum team, I'm with hector on this one. Feel free to vote one of us. I know for a fact that you're at least 50% wrong, so I can immediately discount it. I think if you're gonna go after me, I'd aim for my case on Luckyowl. That's probably the easiest place to hit, since I haven't really pushed that hard. Honestly, I haven't really asked questions, so I've been riding coattails this whole time. Those are pretty good points to hit. Umm... I'd probably stay away from any Vector ties because it'd point to your unwillingness to shift your vote, but I have certainly attempted to buddy Vector multiple times this game. I'm really just waiting for them to show up so I can establish myself as Town.

Really, your case against me is that I'm not willing to entertain attacking a playstyle. I just see it as a dead end, and a waste of about 24-48 hours of game time before we get back on track trying to lynch someone. I've seen it before. Not my cuppa. I like it better when we get two scummy people on the ballot and we make a democracy happen.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2021, 07:26:51 pm »

I'm holding my vote on Vector to ensure they have pressure when they get back to respond, then I'll move my vote to pressure others.

My point about your lack of attacks was not to attack anybody in specific such as those with a certain playstyle, I wanted to see you back up your support for focusing elsewhere by... you know. Focusing elsewhere.

So why aren't you doing that?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2021, 07:33:48 pm »

PFP

Toaster if you’re quite so sure I was attempting to draw attention from someone, there were few people posting at the time, so who do you think I was trying to draw attention from?

Tsundere webadict is unsettling.

I would unfortunately choose to attack webadict on the Luckyowl case also, but Luckyowl’s behaviour  so far has made that a comfortable place to settle his vote. His passiveness can be explained to some extent by the lack of activity of the town in general, though that doesn’t explain away his lack of initiative in trying to get that going beyond telling me off.

One thing you may wish to do is ask why it takes Vector to show up before he makes an effort, particularly when there are at least two scummy players (Secretdorf and Luckyowl) to rally the town around lynching.

Goddamn that’s a pair of passive-aggressive paragraphs.

At the risk of being accused of distancing from my scumbuddy, and also stepping on the shit you’re putting down, how comes you aren’t making much of an effort ‘til Vector gets here, webadict?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2021, 07:36:18 pm »

To be fair I could also be accused of helping my scumbuddy set up their narrative by asking that, and otherwise allowed scum!webadict to do the same.

Smeg.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2021, 07:47:20 pm »

I'm holding my vote on Vector to ensure they have pressure when they get back to respond, then I'll move my vote to pressure others.

My point about your lack of attacks was not to attack anybody in specific such as those with a certain playstyle, I wanted to see you back up your support for focusing elsewhere by... you know. Focusing elsewhere.

Because I'm voting Luckyowl. Has something happened with Luckyowl that makes you think they are unworthy of being voted? Please, enlighten me.

At the risk of being accused of distancing from my scumbuddy, and also stepping on the shit you’re putting down, how comes you aren’t making much of an effort ‘til Vector gets here, webadict?
Because without a Vector, do we really get to where we need to go? We're aimless, bearing towards disaster.

But, uh, mostly because Vector is a Mafia badass. Keep up, guys.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2021, 07:55:38 pm »

Because I'm voting Luckyowl. Has something happened with Luckyowl that makes you think they are unworthy of being voted? Please, enlighten me.
You can pressure people without using your vote and you should damn well know that.

At this point, I'm a little triggered so fine. Webadict.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2021, 07:58:14 pm »

You’re a mafia badass so you can do that yourself, ya lazy bum.

Like, Luckyowl is the easy lynch today, why are you doing scum’s work for them? You were chatting about not wanting to waste the day away around my play, yet you’re quite content to waste the day away sitting on a Luckyowl wagon, while he flails around like Magikarp!

PPE: I like this wagon and I’m petty and butthurt.

webadict

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2021, 08:09:42 pm »

Owl, will you use your vote actively in the game, or just flip at the end of each day?
well, I can't flip every day, unless someone can day investigate me. :P. In all seriousness, I always vote from reasons. The coin is just a joke, because I'm a compulsive liar in IRL...wait, I don't think that help my case at all...anyways! yes, I'll be voting on the bases of my reasoning.(But please keep believing I flip coins. It's pretty funny.)

LuckyOwl: What is your plan for this game? How do you plan to find scum? Are you confident that if you make it to LYLO again that you can correctly lynch scum?

My plan is well, to find the scum and also try to get others to trust me. Right now I'm doing a pretty terrible job. But I have hope to turn the tie somehow!...Do I think I'll make it to LYLO again? I don't know. I hope we can find the mafias without entering LYLO. LYLO is too dicing. It's important for us to find the mafia today, and if we are sucessful, then day 2 might be a breeze. So, JB, do you think we can find the mafia without hitting LYLO? Do you think you're good at LYLO?

Right now, I think Wubba dubba is scum, however I'm quite interested in this "Vector present will prove me town!" It could be a bluff, but still if Wubba Dubba is town and I guess in turn Vector is scum. Then at best, having town confimation, can at least aid us in funneling the mafia team. 

You can pressure people without using your vote and you should damn well know that.

Same, I'll vote Webadict, mainly because they have seem pretty scummy so far, but if Vector can somehow confirm Wubba dubba as town. Then I'm glad to change my vote.

PPE:

Like, Luckyowl is the easy lynch today, why are you doing scum’s work for them? You were chatting about not wanting to waste the day away around my play, yet you’re quite content to waste the day away sitting on a Luckyowl wagon, while he flails around like Magikarp!

webadict

Unvote

in second thought. I'll give Webadict a nice coat of blue. Mainly because, I want to see what Vector will do to confirm Wubba dubba as town. If it's not to my liking then I'm happy to vote Wubba Dubba with no remorse.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2021, 08:12:57 pm »

Owl, will you use your vote actively in the game, or just flip at the end of each day?
well, I can't flip every day, unless someone can day investigate me. :P. In all seriousness, I always vote from reasons. The coin is just a joke, because I'm a compulsive liar in IRL...wait, I don't think that help my case at all...anyways! yes, I'll be voting on the bases of my reasoning.(But please keep believing I flip coins. It's pretty funny.)

LuckyOwl: What is your plan for this game? How do you plan to find scum? Are you confident that if you make it to LYLO again that you can correctly lynch scum?

My plan is well, to find the scum and also try to get others to trust me. Right now I'm doing a pretty terrible job. But I have hope to turn the tie somehow!...Do I think I'll make it to LYLO again? I don't know. I hope we can find the mafias without entering LYLO. LYLO is too dicing. It's important for us to find the mafia today, and if we are sucessful, then day 2 might be a breeze. So, JB, do you think we can find the mafia without hitting LYLO? Do you think you're good at LYLO?

Right now, I think Wubba dubba is scum, however I'm quite interested in this "Vector present will prove me town!" It could be a bluff, but still if Wubba Dubba is town and I guess in turn Vector is TOWN. Then at best, having town confimation, can at least aid us in funneling the mafia team. 

Same, I'll vote Webadict, mainly because they have seem pretty scummy so far, but if Vector can somehow confirm Wubba dubba as town. Then I'm glad to change my vote.

PPE:

webadict

Unvote

in second thought. I'll give Webadict a nice coat of blue. Mainly because, I want to see what Vector will do to confirm Wubba dubba as town. If it's not to my liking then I'm happy to vote Wubba Dubba with no remorse.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2021, 08:16:42 pm »

Well, as long as you're not voting Vector anymore, I suppose that's a win, eh? I'd honestly feel more threatened if someone like Toaster or ToonyMan voted me because they've made cases elsewhere, whereas you only voted me because you couldn't vote for people you were actually suspicious of because you were voting for Vector.

You know, writing that all out... It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, does it? But, an excuse is an excuse, I suppose.

webadict
Not true. I've been reading cases as things have gone on. To dominate the thread would itself be a hindrance because I wouldn't get a chance to read additional cases. It feels entirely like you're missing the point of what I'm saying. Being a Mafia badass involves leveraging other people's information as needed and not stymieing ideas. If Luckyowl is flailing, you're suggesting I flood the thread with more cases? Why? To detract from my case on Luckyowl? I'm not being pulled into that now.

PPE: Oh neat, Luckyowl said Vector is Town. That, surprisingly, makes me more certain that Vector is Town, and they've literally only posted like once. That's... actually really cool.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2021, 08:23:48 pm »

One of these things is not like the other.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2021, 08:26:17 pm »

...but Luckyowl’s behaviour  so far has made that a comfortable place to settle his vote. His passiveness can be explained to some extent by the lack of activity of the town in general, though that doesn’t explain away his lack of initiative in trying to get that going beyond telling me off.

To be frank, that's just who I am. The same way Caz will get paranoid, or how TricMagic will always do something to make himself look scummy. It's sort of the flaw of my character, not all of us can easily fit a perfect town. That's why it's good to know people's habit. Like I know SD is town 100%. He's pretty capricious when it comes to his vote. Also, if he was scum his scum team would've give him some tip on how to act like town. The fact we're not seeing any sign of coaching, makes me believe that SD is town who has no scum influences. You can WIFOM and say, this is there plan after all. But, I doubt this. As this is quite unhelpful not only for SD but for his scum team. So, there's no way he's scum. 

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2021, 08:35:02 pm »

PPE: Oh neat, Luckyowl said Vector is Town. That, surprisingly, makes me more certain that Vector is Town, and they've literally only posted like once. That's... actually really cool.

I honestly, don't know if this is suppose to have a sarcastic tone... but I say "guess".

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2021, 08:53:56 pm »

Mamobo doesn't like being hungry!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
juicebox - 0 -
LuckyOwl - 4 - webadict*, Secretdorf*, Vector*, ToonyMan*,
notquitethere - 0 -
Secretdorf - 2 - Toaster*, Caz*,
SHAD0Wdump - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - TricMagic*,
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 1 - notquitethere*,
webadict - 2 - hector13*, SHAD0Wdump*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - LuckyOwl, juicebox,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on January 26, 2021 at 02:00 CST (~54 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57