Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39714 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #300 on: January 24, 2021, 12:06:42 pm »

The day went on. Fingers were pointed everywhere. It seemed the only thing that could be agreed on was a lack of agreement.

Quote from: Votecount
Luckyowl (1): webadict
webadict (1): ToonyMan
Toaster (1): TricMagic
juicebox (2): Vector, Secretdorf
TricMagic (1): SHAD0Wdump
Secretdorf (2): Toaster, Caz
Vector (1): notquitethere
notquitethere (1): hector13
Caz (0):
ToonyMan (0):
hector13 (0):
SHAD0Wdump (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not voting (2): LuckyOwl, juicebox
7 to hammer.

Day 1 is scheduled to end 2 AM Central time on Tuesday, or roughly 39 hours from now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 24, 2021, 12:35:22 pm »

Secretdorf:
There is nothing wrong with lynching LuckyOwl but Sudden D1 end is not good for town(though there are more than 1 investigative role in this game so night game might fill D1).

I don't think you ever explained this comment.
I wasn't town reading LO back then. You should really read the whole game. :P

For now, I'm Willing to believe that Trick is not fakeclaiming. Also no response from juicebox. Toaster is obvscum IMO.

To all players: Who are you willing to lynch besides me?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 24, 2021, 12:42:30 pm »

Okay, this time it's not me not reading, it's me not emphasizing.

Secretdorf:
There is nothing wrong with lynching LuckyOwl but Sudden D1 end is not good for town(though there are more than 1 investigative role in this game so night game might fill D1).

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 24, 2021, 12:56:35 pm »

Okay, this time it's not me not reading, it's me not emphasizing.

Secretdorf:

Oops my bad. To answer that, yes I explained that already:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was well hidden though with no quote, sorry for that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 24, 2021, 01:10:45 pm »

Hector
I wholeheartedly disagree with you that moving your vote around is weak and unfocused play (in the first 24 hours of D1 no less!). Your vote is your voice, and telling someone you think they are the most suspicious player at the moment by voting them is saying a great deal, to them and other players.
I'm sorry but you misunderstood my point. Using your vote active is good, very townsided, I make this point in every game in fact. I don't disagree with anything you've said here.

Instead of "unfocused" perhaps it would have been better if I talked about "reticent". Specifically, pulling back from making votes. I was thinking of this kind of post where Lucky almost makes a vote then immediately pulls back. Like, when a player's "resting" state is not voting, hopping on and then off quickly. There's not real pressure there, so it's weak use of a vote.

Does that make more sense? I can see how this confusion over sense arose.

A’ight cool, that makes more sense yes. Thank you for clearing that up.

You missed me other questions though:

Currently you have an RVS vote on someone who appears to be gaining traction as a townread. What would your analysis of D1 voting patterns say of that specifically, and someone who left their RVS vote on someone for a great deal of the day generally?

Though they are somewhat rhetorical in nature, and I’m basically asking you to scum read yourself.

I’m undecided on whether to vote for you as you brought up being concerned with the vote spread but are maintaining your RVS vote, or Toaster who rubs me the wrong way, or juicebox because I can’t get a read on someone who’s not here.

Eh, I’ll keep it on you. Toaster has implied further action and is posting more now, and I don’t think voting juicebox will make them show up any faster.

I look forward to a vote from you that has something behind it.

You asked the three people not voting earlier who they would want to see lynched so...

Who would you like to see lynched at this point?

Who would you like to see in D2, based purely on what you’ve seen from D1?

SecretDorf

You’re still flailing a little bit. Right now you need to stop looking like you want to preserve yourself and start looking like you want to help the town.

There are a handful of players that people don’t have reads on, you’d do well to pressure them a little.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 24, 2021, 01:17:29 pm »

It sounds like you are rolefishing, Toaster. I'm not gonna waste my time on juicebox if its not gonna do any good. I'd rather vote Toaster or Webadict.

PPE: I am pressuring juicebox, but dunno what's the matter with them?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 24, 2021, 01:17:58 pm »

@Webadict:
Fine. Webadict, are you serious about Luckyowl?
Absolutely. I one hundred percent believe that they are a liability, and that if I'm gonna waste a lynch on Luckyowl, it'd definitely be on them, because I do not believe that someone who will lose it for the Town should be alive later than they should be.
What if I told you I could make them not a liability?

Everything I've posted about them is how I actually feel. It's a big picture plan, for sure, and lazy, definitely. But, I'm gonna keep pushing it solely because it should be done. Think of that what you will, but I literally don't believe in their abilities if they can't even make a solid case, especially with all the help they're getting.
You admit it's lazy, and you admit it's a policy lynch because "it should be done". I don't think we should be operating like that.

@Toaster:
ToonyMan:  So... just how serious was your LuckyOwl vote?  Because you seemed awfully content to sit on it most of the day until you moved it to Web for... going after LuckyOwl?  Something's off here.
It wasn't a serious "I want to lynch Luckyowl today" vote. I planned on changing it before the day was over if I could become reasonably confident they aren't mafia.

@Secretdorf:
To answer his question as how I knew that there are more than 1 investigative roles, that was a guess based upon the fact that there's no vanilla townie in this game, so that only makes sense.
A...guess? Why?

To all players: Who are you willing to lynch besides me?
Are you a survivor? Just be honest.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 24, 2021, 01:26:39 pm »

So here's a question, if I claimed a survivor with a very useful power for town, will I be allowed to live? I have my own ability to save myself from scum kills.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 24, 2021, 01:41:22 pm »

I would have claimed already if I hadn't read paranormal 1 and 2.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 24, 2021, 01:51:49 pm »

If you're a survivor what Day do you win on?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2021, 01:59:26 pm »

Er... more information please?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2021, 01:59:44 pm »

Tick tock you should have read that question by now.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2021, 02:00:42 pm »

D4

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2021, 02:02:58 pm »

So here's a question, if I claimed a survivor with a very useful power for town, will I be allowed to live? I have my own ability to save myself from scum kills.
"Bullying the new players," my ass.

I'd say it depends. On the one hand, I believe you. On the other hand, it's assumed you'll betray the Town. But, if you're immune to scumkills, then that could be leveraged against the scum.

I dunno. I'd never claim in your situation. Being immune can be treated as proof that you aren't scum, and the scum team can't use that against you.

But, it won't matter what I say. People will assume if I want you around, I'm Mafia, and if I don't, I'm Mafia. So, I'll say that you're not worth lynching right now because I believe you, but you should probably not reveal your cards just yet. Only reveal them when you need to.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2021, 02:04:49 pm »

@Webadict:
Fine. Webadict, are you serious about Luckyowl?
Absolutely. I one hundred percent believe that they are a liability, and that if I'm gonna waste a lynch on Luckyowl, it'd definitely be on them, because I do not believe that someone who will lose it for the Town should be alive later than they should be.
What if I told you I could make them not a liability?
Do you?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57