Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38544 times)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 release date is announced
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2020, 11:14:29 am »

a simpler and funny version of the patch notes for easy read
That entire thing was very well done (and I don't even play CK3 yet!)

Not sure why, but this one in particular had me cracking up:
Babies will no longer be assigned commander traits through a yearly event. I know everyone wants to brag about how smart your kid is but I'll believe he can pull off a double envelopment when he stops shitting in his pants.

Also liked this one:
The Pope can no longer publicly accept cannibalism.

Publicly.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2020, 12:42:48 pm »

I got to ask, who else thought knights were individually killing dozens of men? The way they´re shown in the UI makes it seem like they are personally responsible for each and every casualties listed by them.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2020, 01:31:28 pm »

The Inbred trait is now less likely to be passed on as long as you don't take an already Inbred character and continue to inbreed them. We know you're gonna do it anyway, of course. You're all gross.

Vassals of a cowardly liege will no longer pretend to be cowardly when he's in the room to make him feel better.

Fixed the "<child> has no reason to stay at court" message claiming the child is your stepbrother or sister rather than child. Although knowing you lot, it's very possible that they're both.

South Indian/Dravidian characters no longer look like they were dunked in flour.

Updated the tooltip for Divine Marriage to clarify how it works even though we thought the memes had explained this pretty well by now.

Listen closely. I know he's well-spoken but no matter what the prince tells you, word of his father's death and his ascension to the throne does not grant him a "Get Out of Jail Free Card," you oaf.

A faction will no longer courteously greet you before calling you a tyrant. It's called sarcasm but you spend your days torturing small animals and banging your sisters so we probably shouldn't have expected you to get it.

"Know Thyself" will no longer result in you getting daily texts from the reaper telling you the number of days until the Big Day and how excited he is.

Made it easier to kill grandma.

Rad ass hats are now mandatory in the Byzantine Empire.

The Adamites have finally made a ruling on capes: Funny but no.

Devouring people will now have a clearer impact on your stress level. I still have several questions.

No longer possible to farm divorces for personal profit. sigh

Unlanded characters will no longer be able to drag prisoners around in a big cage on wheels.

You can no longer attempt to find dead people's secrets even though I think that's the plot of at least half of all thriller novels.
Some of these are great.

I got to ask, who else thought knights were individually killing dozens of men? The way they´re shown in the UI makes it seem like they are personally responsible for each and every casualties listed by them.
I did just on stats. A bad knight (say, Prowess 5) has the attack power of 50 peasant conscripts.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2020, 01:34:53 pm »

Taking up the game again after the patch... I must say I really dislike the map for this game. It's too cluttered and much harder to navigate than CK2's were.
Love, scriver~

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings 3 is Released... yes I changed the thread name.
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2020, 09:31:23 pm »

Anyone else finding that as an Indian ruler, random people in your court will be naked?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2020, 10:37:35 pm »

Anyone else finding that as an Indian ruler, random people in your court will be naked?

It's a feature, not a bug.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2020, 10:45:48 pm »

One of the religions in India in vanilla has the natural primitivism doctrine, which includes everyone being naked. Don't think it's historically accurate, but Paradox decided to include it anyway. There's a mod on the workshop that changes the Indian religions doctrines a bit if that's something that interests you. Not familiar enough with Indian history or Indian religious history to really say how inaccurate or accurate India is right now.

Wasteland 1 & 2

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2020, 09:19:31 am »

I sure did. And I bet the majority of players did as well. Made for some nice narrative.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2020, 09:25:18 am »

so did i, it made knights so badass, i once saw a clip of a army of 50 knights beat the shit out of 10K soldiers
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »

I just noticed that forced vassalation wars scale start costs scale with the size of the realm you're attacking now. I like that.
Love, scriver~

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2020, 03:40:56 pm »

so did i, it made knights so badass, i once saw a clip of a army of 50 knights beat the shit out of 10K soldiers

Yeah, I even made a custom character called "Conan the Barbarian" and made him a knight. But since its not really conan but a bunch of troops, it wasnt the same so I deleted the mod (I never uploaded it, just my own custom mod). Oh well, was fun having conan wreck while it lasted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2020, 10:01:01 pm »

Has everyone given up on the game? I bought it.

I was going to be a loyal vassal in Alba, that lasted for my first character, now I’m fighting my liege for a single county because it hurt me not to have it (Gowrie in Albany. I have all the other counties in the duchy, which surround Gowrie) and I fear that was an error as now I’m criminal.

I’ll have 6k troops if he fails to imprison me though. Still need to finis the war, but I’d be shocked if I don’t win as I have an alliance with West Francia if things get dicey, plus the pennies to hire a few mercenaries.

I like the way hiring mercenaries works now. I’m less enamoured with men at arms, but that’s just because I currently can only have 4 regiments, and that’s not enough to balance everything out for counters.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2020, 01:42:31 am »

Has everyone given up on the game? I bought it.

I was going to be a loyal vassal in Alba, that lasted for my first character, now I’m fighting my liege for a single county because it hurt me not to have it (Gowrie in Albany. I have all the other counties in the duchy, which surround Gowrie) and I fear that was an error as now I’m criminal.

I’ll have 6k troops if he fails to imprison me though. Still need to finis the war, but I’d be shocked if I don’t win as I have an alliance with West Francia if things get dicey, plus the pennies to hire a few mercenaries.

I like the way hiring mercenaries works now. I’m less enamoured with men at arms, but that’s just because I currently can only have 4 regiments, and that’s not enough to balance everything out for counters.

I haven't given up on the game but I'm kind of waiting for updates/mods/expansions. The current game is nice, but I have 1000+ hours in CK2 so the core gameplay of CK doesn't do a whole lot for me anymore. Guess I could try doing a Rome run, never have done one of those in all my playthroughs.

Edit: oh shit the Vampire the Masquerade mod has added the anarch revolt and the inquisition, probably need to go back to that. Sounds really cool.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:45:13 am by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2020, 06:27:23 am »

I'm waiting for basic necessity things to be added back into the game, like the army attachment feature that was added in the recent patch, things that had very little reason to not be in the base game to begin with.

Also for the game to not make every single character obese forever just for going to two Christmas parties and an ceaseless gorging partyer just for making it to one feast per... five years or whatever the decision cooldown is.

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23