Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38484 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 release date is announced
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2020, 03:05:45 pm »

You can only change capital letters in your save every 5 years?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2020, 04:26:35 pm »

If you disable the cloud saving thing you can keep backups of the save

That may be so but it's a little late for my god-king of Africa now
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2020, 12:16:49 am »

True, true. I was just giving you a tip for the next game, it's a lesson I've learned through experience myself ;)
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2020, 12:23:43 pm »

OK, I'm admitting I have no idea how this game's systems work.

Someone with no claim on my title duelled me for it and won (because I'm fucking ancient and thus have no prowess), enemies seem to be able to keep summoning non-mercenary enemies from thin air (Sometimes thousands at a time. I check their levies/men-at-arms and there's no mercs or no more than they started with), and I straight up have no idea how levies are calculated because someone with a much smaller realm and only a tiny bit higher marshal had 3000 more men than me, when I had a much larger realm and all loyal vassals.

It's infuriating how obscure some of the mechanics seem to be.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and flying in the face of what I'd consider common sense, you don't get a claim if your title is usurped via duel.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:58:26 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2020, 03:23:23 pm »

That sounds like CK2's "A claimant with no land has just pulled out a country's worth of soldiers out of their ass, conveniently right around the size of your army, and is able to maintain their pay forever. And they will do this over and over until you capture them" problem all over again.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2020, 09:30:58 pm »

OK, I'm admitting I have no idea how this game's systems work.

Someone with no claim on my title duelled me for it and won (because I'm fucking ancient and thus have no prowess), enemies seem to be able to keep summoning non-mercenary enemies from thin air (Sometimes thousands at a time. I check their levies/men-at-arms and there's no mercs or no more than they started with), and I straight up have no idea how levies are calculated because someone with a much smaller realm and only a tiny bit higher marshal had 3000 more men than me, when I had a much larger realm and all loyal vassals.

It's infuriating how obscure some of the mechanics seem to be.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and flying in the face of what I'd consider common sense, you don't get a claim if your title is usurped via duel.
Those in the steward tree probably will eventually gain a perk that gives them the option to challenge their leader in a duel or whatever.  For tribals, always a duel.  Best be wary of those who have high combat power, even if they are your exceptional steward.
Deal with them or make them a vassal of another
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2020, 01:44:39 am »

The "Meritocracy" perk in the Administrator Stewardship tree allows you to use the "Claim Throne" scheme, which gives you a pressed claim on your liege's primary title. They probably used that scheme and then instantly dueled you for your title before you saw anything.
Black lives matter.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2020, 08:42:21 am »

Men-At-Arms size can cross generations so long as they can keep the prestige/gold payments up. And cross tribal/feudal conversion. So if they had a particularly prestigouis tribal ancestor they could have funded a fully stacked 500*N man-at-arms regiment that their ancestors just get to keep. I'd imagine the AI also rarely downsizes them compared to human players, too.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2020, 10:37:37 am »

Land person with zero fertility and no living family.  You are heir.  You acquire their retinue along with the titles when they croak.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2020, 02:53:28 pm »

The "Meritocracy" perk in the Administrator Stewardship tree allows you to use the "Claim Throne" scheme, which gives you a pressed claim on your liege's primary title. They probably used that scheme and then instantly dueled you for your title before you saw anything.
Damn unstoppable computer nobles, bringing about 20 years of planning in the blink of an eye.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2020, 11:05:26 am »

Patch 1.1 Dropped.  Hell of a lot of changes.  Looks like it fixed the main thing that caused me to put the game down.  So I reckon I’ll hit this later tonight.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2020, 12:38:11 pm »

Crusader Kings 3: Terraria

Quote from: patch notes
- Restricted the Intrigue(Scheming) event "Confused Heritage" to players only, as the AI was going a bit wild with it and turning everyone into bastards unnecessarily

Okay, but did you also make it so that you can only claim someone is the bastard of a person who could logically be their father?

Also, loving the double nerf to North Korea mode: maximum penalty to levies and taxes is now -100% (from -90%) and if you're over your domain limit for a full consecutive year every single building you own will turn off.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:49:40 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2020, 12:51:17 pm »

It was kinda non-sensical since it changed who the real father was in the game mechanically. 

I can understand if it was a false/questionable claim that gained traction and leave it to the player/ai to decide to believe the rumors and do something about it or not.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2020, 12:55:19 pm »

It will still do that, it's just now restricted to the player's use. Which doesn't actually fix the problems that could cause someone to be their own bastard child, it just makes them far less likely to happen because the scheme is being used much less.
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2020, 01:56:42 pm »

Quote from: Patch Notes
Fixed the game sometimes claiming a marriage has no chance of children despite both parties being fertile
I knew it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23