Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38467 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 release date is announced
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2020, 05:01:16 am »

Seems like you can just sail them forever. They get some kind of embarkation penalty to combat for a bit after landing, but I was able to sail from southern France all the way to the Holy Land without losing supplies.

Speaking of weirdness- do levies not join garrisons in defending (and more importantly, stonewalling on pure numbers) against sieges? I was surprised to find I could siege down counties I exceeded the garrison but not listed garrison+levy for.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2020, 06:17:34 am »

also traveling by boat is way faster then on foot, so if you need to be somewhere and you and the place you need to be is near a coast (like when you are in Ireland or England) going by boat can catch your enemy's of guard.
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2020, 06:36:30 pm »

Or they can catch you. I just had a game where my army was routed in Desmond, marched itself away to my cap in Ulster but the enemy ai sailed around ireland faster than my bwois could march so they were already there waiting waiting to commence the sequel slaughter

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2020, 12:40:05 am »

It makes armies invulnerable - assuming they stay at sea.  Just had the AI do that to me for several months, stationary off the coast of Genoa, so yeah it's real.  Thank god for ticking war score. Still daft as can be.

(Memory is that they removed naval attrition in one of the early ck2 patches to 'fix' broken naval antics... except they replaced one issue with a bunch of others.)

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2020, 04:05:31 am »

Yeah naval antics are pretty exploitable at the moment. In another game I narrowly missed out on being the crusade war leader (infact was war leader for large periods of the war) as a random count with 600 men by using the sea to avoid battles and repeatedly sieging Cyprus (not even the war target) everytime the Muslims sent someone to take it back before heading back to the real fighting

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2020, 12:03:54 pm »

Is anyone else noticing that sieges on them go much faster than their sieges on the AI?

In every game, regardless of respective fort levels, the AI seems to finish them on me in somewhere from half to two thirds the time it takes me to finish one on them. It turns warfare into an incredibly annoying game of cat-and-mouse because I've got to keep smacking the enemy armies before I can start sieging enemy holdings, else they'll have taken my capital. The only way I seem able to beat them, and it's always barely, is by having siege weapons when they don't.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2020, 01:11:24 pm »

Is anyone else noticing that sieges on them go much faster than their sieges on the AI?

In every game, regardless of respective fort levels, the AI seems to finish them on me in somewhere from half to two thirds the time it takes me to finish one on them. It turns warfare into an incredibly annoying game of cat-and-mouse because I've got to keep smacking the enemy armies before I can start sieging enemy holdings, else they'll have taken my capital. The only way I seem able to beat them, and it's always barely, is by having siege weapons when they don't.

AI definitely likes to build siege regiments, so if you're not building those, you're going to go slower.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:15:08 pm by ZeroGravitas »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2020, 01:14:32 pm »

Seems like you can just sail them forever. They get some kind of embarkation penalty to combat for a bit after landing, but I was able to sail from southern France all the way to the Holy Land without losing supplies.

You starting losing supplies after 30 days at sea. France to Palestine isn't too bad, especially if you're leaving friendly land, fully supplied.

But north coast of Spain to Pisa cost me tens of thousands of troops in attrition, because they were already low on supplies when they left unfriendly Spain.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2020, 02:09:15 pm »

AI definitely likes to build siege regiments, so if you're not building those, you're going to go slower.
That's what I'm saying, they lack siege weapons but they still progress super fast. Literally only a little slower than me *with* siege weapons.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2020, 02:57:59 pm »

That's what I'm saying, they lack siege weapons but they still progress super fast. Literally only a little slower than me *with* siege weapons.

Maybe their commander has the siege trait or maybe you're just not getting lucky with the random siege events.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2020, 01:59:10 am »

speaking of sieges, does anybody know the % chance of food shortage, disease, walls broken and deserters siege events? and how to increase them.
i do know that the walls broken only happens when you have siege equipment but it doesn't tell the % chance of it happening.
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2020, 10:19:50 am »

Just lost my 70 hour ironman run to a corrupt save file :'( The fucker decided to freeze and crash on me in the middle of an autosave. Literally just a few years away from dying and taking over as my fecund, beautiful, herculean genius son and this happens to me. Fuck this game. *sigh* Time to start a new one.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2020, 10:43:18 am »

If you disable the cloud saving thing you can keep backups of the save
Love, scriver~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2020, 01:46:24 pm »

If you disable the cloud saving thing you can keep backups of the save
You can also use capitals in your save file name if you don't use cloud saving.

Very important.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2020, 02:01:39 pm »

You can only change capitals every five years though, so choose carefully
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23