Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38510 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 release date is announced
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2020, 05:20:25 am »

The search bar existed for ck2 too.

My main problem with the spousefinder is that it's features no aren't in the general character finder. So I guess my problem is with the character finder ;)

I also dislike how much harder it is to invite courtiers now. Not the cheesy "search the entire world for the guys with the world's highest stewardship score" way but in the "this guy has claims on lands near me, I want to invite him and press his claims" and "this guy was a previous lord of a county I took from the guy who took it from him and now I want to give it back to the original holder" kind of way. Instead you gotta use that awful "call for claimants" function which costs ridiculously much prestige, isn't guaranteed to result in anyone relevant guesting you let alone the specific ones you want. And then if you actually get someone you have use for as a guest you have to pay an additional 150+ gold to "employ" them in order to be able to press their claim. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Love, scriver~

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2020, 06:32:37 am »

Was the search bar the same, in pretty sure they've added a few things but maybe I'm missremembering?

The gold cost for recruiting people with claims is highly ridiculous though, no argument there.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2020, 07:18:24 am »

The Only thing they've added to the search bar afaik is that now you've got to select the thing you are searching for (which, while slightly more hassly isn't actually a bad thing because it means you can search for traits with sex-relative names (and presumably other kind of variations) by either name.
Love, scriver~

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2020, 07:30:31 am »

they also removed the "accept court invite" and "accept Matrilineal marriage" checkbox so now you can search all you want but you will have to press the characters before you know if they will accept invite/marriage. would be nice if those checkboxes where stil there so we could filter those people out
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:31:54 am by melkor »
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2020, 08:32:29 am »

I think you can still check for mattineal marriage by checking the box before selecting a chatacter and only willing people should remain in the list. I'll have to try later, may be I assumed wrong.
Love, scriver~

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2020, 09:29:54 am »

I think You can just tick the matrilineal marriage box...

Also I completely goofed earlier. I wasn't talking about the search bar at all, I meant the spouse finder and got confused. The spouse finder is better in this release, search bar is pretty much the same then I guess which is a shame

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2020, 09:34:44 am »

I'm not sure what more you can demand from it, it searches things and stuff ;)
Love, scriver~

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2020, 09:52:41 am »

What I hated and found really immersion-killing about CK2 was it's presentation of the medieval world through the 21st century lens of  mass-communication, social media and the 24 hour news cycle.     Kings didn't even understand the shape of their own country, let alone the sexual orientation of a low-rank courtier 2000 miles away.     The game should have emphasised exploration, cartography, information gathering and reconnaissance and the role of propaganda  and suspicion that occupies the vacuum created by ignorance and sparse communication.    I assume that CK3 inherits all of these flaws.

While I haven't played the game, I can point you to this humorous account from Rock Paper Shotgun. (The relevant observations/humor begin in the fifth paragraph.) In short, to some extent yes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2020, 02:52:42 pm »

Yeah I believe if you have matrilineal marriage ticked it only shows you people who would accept

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2020, 07:01:06 pm »

Yeah, the character finder is actually quite a bit worse and less informative compared to CK2. Actually, I'm finding that to be the case with a lot of different menus in the game. For example your military only tells you your total troop count, not even which portion come from your own territories and which come from vassals. No breakdown of how many troops each vassal is sending. And on the courtier and vassal screens there's no way to sort the characters. Not by age, troop count, or any of the stats. Not to mention prowess is only displayed after clicking on someone even though it's basically a primary stat now. Even a character's gender is not clearly displayed which means sometimes I can't tell whether it's a girl or a boy child for several years unless it specifically refers them as the son/daughter or grandson/grand daughter of somebody else.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2020, 07:20:37 pm »

These things will all be added later.

As DLC.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2020, 12:27:29 am »

As DLC.

Naval battles?  Ha ha...  :P

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2020, 01:42:46 am »

As DLC.

Naval battles?  Ha ha...  :P

I could see it, tho they changed how fleets work now in all you have to do is walk your boys to the water and pay a fee and they mystically find boats so I don't even think you technically have your own fleet right now.

Not sure if that means they're moving further away from the idea or if they're keeping the space open to make it easier to implement down the line. Guess only time will tell

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2020, 02:02:03 am »

I could see it, tho they changed how fleets work now in all you have to do is walk your boys to the water and pay a fee and they mystically find boats so I don't even think you technically have your own fleet right now.

Not sure if that means they're moving further away from the idea or if they're keeping the space open to make it easier to implement down the line. Guess only time will tell
That's actually "changed back" - that's how it worked in CK1.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2020, 04:45:58 am »

Also why we commonly ended up with Scottish Emirates iirc xD

I haven't played much with boats yet, do they have a attrition/reach thing or can you just sail around forever however far? Because I really like the "pay upon entering sea province" model for representing the hiring of merchant and fishing vessels for shorter passages such as when me the king of Ireland invade Wales over the Irish Sea or when France invades Britain, but it doesn't portray longer journeys very well in my mind (nor, say, old Norse naval tradition where ships were a huge investment and also part of the tax/levy system). But it feels a bit misguided when I, once again as Ireland, is fighting the Argyle Scots over Ulster and instead of favijg my army in Ulster and having the straits be a big strategic deal to control the war the Argylites just hop into boats and sail their entire army all around Ireland to lay siege to my capital in Thomond.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23