Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38447 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 release date is announced
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2020, 10:24:37 am »

You still gotta maintain your lineage.
DO you? In my experience, hardly anyone cares about that, which is why my country's birth rate is below replacement.

Your country is not medieval Europe, but a nation in the 21st Century.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2020, 01:46:04 pm »

"Almost everyone in the world who was straight suddenly became gay overnight with no corresponding societal changes to make this acceptable" is itself already an unrealistic event, so the fact that a specific outcome of that happening is also unrealistic is kinda to be expected.

Also, gay people existed in real life during the game's timeframe and did in fact regularly get married and have kids just to keep their lineages going. When the rules of society are still telling you to get pregnant or get other people pregnant to keep the family intact, you kinda gotta do that.
There's actually not a lot of evidence of that. Something like half of all people alive at the time left no descendants, and it's not improbable that the gay ones mostly fell into that category. We essentially have one single thread of evidence that is used to prop that theory up, which is kings and princes who were accused of homosexuality by their detractors either during or after their lives. This is not really a representative sample.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2020, 01:48:50 pm »

is video game, is not real
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2020, 01:55:05 pm »

Guys I didn't mean my question to spawn a philosophical debate. My point was that in the game if you're homosexual, it shows your chance of having children as NONE. Wouldn't making everyone homosexual result in few if any children? I don't care about what would happen in the real world, I'm talking game mechanics.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2020, 01:57:19 pm »

Guys I didn't mean my question to spawn a philosophical debate. My point was that in the game if you're homosexual, it shows your chance of having children as NONE. Wouldn't making everyone homosexual result in few if any children? I don't care about what would happen in the real world, I'm talking game mechanics.
Does it? In CK2, homosexuals had lowered fertility but could easily be induced to have kids by marrying them off to lustful characters or any number of other options.

Relatedly, did they fix that thing where the homosexual trait icon shows two linked male symbols even on women?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2020, 02:17:17 pm »

Just learned that the religious fervor system works differently then expected.

Fervor raises faster when you have less counties of your faith or when your faith is getting it’s ass handed to it.
Fervor is slowed when it becomes dominant.  Lost when your faith is winning too much.

In short, win too hard and become complicate and slovenly.  Inviting heresy/reformation and nudists.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2020, 03:38:28 pm »

Does it? In CK2, homosexuals had lowered fertility but could easily be induced to have kids by marrying them off to lustful characters or any number of other options.

Relatedly, did they fix that thing where the homosexual trait icon shows two linked male symbols even on women?
I don't know what the chances actually are as I haven't dived into game files but if you marry say a heterosexual man to a homosexual woman (or the opposite) the 'chance of children' in my experience has always read none. Some testing is in order I suppose!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2020, 04:57:56 pm »

I'm assuming it works just like CK2 with reduced fertility, basically getting a game over because you're gay wouldn't be very fun at all... and I've seen a few gay characters with children, although I haven't married one myself.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2020, 05:10:35 pm »

PTW. Not because I'll ever play, but because the stories from these games are interesting.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2020, 09:50:21 pm »

I've just looked at the wiki about it, and unless the page is mistaken, pregnancy chance is a flat calculation based on both partners' fertility and their sexuality has nothing to do with it.
Black lives matter.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2020, 10:33:29 pm »

https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Characters#Sexual_Orientation

Yeah it appears that sexual orientation just determines who you get attraction opinion from and whom you can form a lover/soulmate relationship with. Interesting that in-game it apparently shows in the marriage UI as a zero chance for children. I haven't seen any asexual/homosexual characters yet in my campaign so I can't really say for sure how it works. I've only seen heterosexual and bisexual.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2020, 10:37:11 pm »

I am curious whether that was just a case of a character with reduced fertility for unrelated reasons.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2020, 12:11:17 am »

Or a buggy interface. New game and all that.

Homosexuals are quite capable of engaging in behaviour that will result in impregnarion, they’re just less likely to be inclined to do it. This is done in game by reducing the fertility of a homosexual character.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2020, 06:37:46 am »

That's how it worked in 2, but not in 3.

In 3, sexuality determines compatibility for lovers and attraction - characters will never consider becoming lovers with characters incompatible to their orientation, and will not gain attraction opinion modifiers from them either, but this has no effect on their actual fertility in marriage.
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2020, 08:25:09 pm »

PTW. Not because I'll ever play, but because the stories from these games are interesting.
I mean, that's mostly why we're playing it in the first place. Cut out the middleman!

Or a buggy interface. New game and all that.
Worth noting that this interface lists the chance for two normal young-ish people to have children as "medium" even though it's practically guaranteed, so it's not like we didn't know it was off.

Dropping homosexual fertility to nothing in marriage tooltips and nowhere else might indicate a changed or disconnected design decision somewhere, though. Maybe sexual attraction was intended to function as a fertility canceler but it proved obnoxious or weird. Or maybe the tooltip guy wasn't talking to the design team at all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23