Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: SCP: CR - The OKB/Deployment Phase, March 2020  (Read 6293 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - The OKB/Design Phase, January 2020
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2019, 03:16:43 pm »

The picture is of a real UAZ-23632 that probably doesn't have any surveillance or ECM gear on it. Adding window tint to the design is trivial, unless it makes it too conspicuous. Any customized car will catch some eyes on the street, though only paranoid people would jump to the conclusion of it belonging to a secret international organization based just on some tinted windows.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2019, 11:57:06 am »

Need moar vote

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2019, 12:04:26 pm »

Quote from: votebox
UAZ-23632/OKB-REP "Borodina" (1) Wozzy

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2019, 01:00:12 pm »

UAZ-23632/OKB-REP "Borodina" (2) Wozzy, m1895

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2019, 01:56:47 pm »

I might as well vote for my own design, though I wanted more feedback on it before finalizing.

A note about the model name: UAZ-23632 is the manufacturer and model number of the consumer variant, OKB signifies it's a variant made to our own specifications and modifications, and REP is the Russian acronym for electronic countermeasures. Olga Borodina is a famous opera singer; a fitting nickname for a device that fills the airwaves with "song".

UAZ-23632/OKB-REP "Borodina": (3) Wozzy, m1895, IcyTea31
Puppeteer Computer System: (0)
Unnamed paralytic and/or amnestic (needs a preliminary design): (0)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:17 pm »

UAZ-23632/OKB-REP "Borodina": (4) Wozzy, m1895, IcyTea31, Failbird
Puppeteer Computer System: (0)
Unnamed paralytic and/or amnestic (needs a preliminary design): (0)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SCP: CR - The OKB/Deployment Phase, January 2020
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2019, 03:25:14 pm »

Design Phase, January 2020

Proposal: UAZ-23632/OKB-REP "Borodina"
Difficulty: Very Hard
Result: (6+1)-2=5, Below Average

The "Borodina" is a civilian pickup truck with the bed transporting an ECM suite. There is space for the driver and a front passenger, but the rear is replaced with a rear-facing seat and consoles for controlling the ECM suite's operations. The rear of the truck is covered, so it's mildly inconspicuous so long as someone doesn't press their face against one of the tinted windows. The suite itself is capable of jamming all civilian frequencies within two kilometers of itself. It is also capable of jamming targeted military frequencies, though any real response will be able to track down the origin of the signal interference. The electronics suite is also capable of intercepting and recording radio and wireless signals within the same area.

The "Borodina" hits 90km/h on open road, and due to the sensitive electronics housed within it, it is suggested that drivers be very cautious when off-roading.

----------------

It is now the Deployment Phase. You are responsible for assigning tasks to your Field Agents at this point in time. You can choose to investigate or attempt to capture/contain an anomaly, and the amount of detail for any plan is up to you. If you decide on a goal other than the two provided (for example, if you wanted to attack a naval base for some reason, or hijack an airplane) you can propose it. If I don't outright say it's not possible then it can be done. I will not give potential effects before the Action Phase's summary.

Spoiler: Human Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armory (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - The OKB/Deployment Phase, January 2020
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:16 pm »

Hmm, I'm thinking we should send, say, five Agents to capture the creature in Papal City, six to guard the island off the Chilean Coast to keep both our rivals and curious civilians/criminal elements off of it until we can set up something more dedicated.
The remaining four should go to Investigate the disappearances in Hong Kong, because we have basically no information on this anomaly, to the point that we don't even know if it's actually anomalous, for all we know some kind of mundane criminal organization just got really into kidnapping recently, and I'd rather learn something about it before sending Agents to try and deal with the problem.

Other than that though, well I'm not really sure on any further specifics.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:36:42 pm by Failbird105 »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2019, 04:47:47 pm »

If it is a criminal investigation, having the Borodina (only for intercepting radio signlas) in Hong Kong would be a good trial run for it

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2019, 05:47:38 pm »

We should probably wait on trying to capture the creature until we have a better Idea what it is and how we would capture it, so in light of that here's my plan:
- we send a 3 man team to each of the anomalies to investigate them (small teams are better for investigation according to the core thread.)
- we keep the other 6 behind as a mobile reserve in case our rivals cause a SNAFU. (If possible.)

Thoughts?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2019, 11:34:30 am »

If there's no votes I can always have all your dudes just hanging out at HQ and getting drunk so I can update before climate change kills us all :)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2019, 12:15:00 pm »

Quote from: Plan A
5 Agents- Capture the creature in Papal City
6 Agents- Guard the Chilean Island, keep unauthorized individuals off.
4 Agents- Investigate disappearances in Hong Kong, deploy a Borodina with them

Quote from: Plan B
3 Agents to each anomaly- Investigate each of them. Deploy the Hong Kong team with a Borodina
Remaining 6- Deploy as needed in case our rivals fuck things up for us.

Quote from: Votebox
Plan A ():
Plan B (1): Failbird

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2019, 05:53:41 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Plan A ():
Plan B (2): Failbird, m1895
As an aside, how likely is it that they got mostly investigative equipment, compared to our mostly military equipment?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2019, 10:53:45 am »

Are we able to choose which location has which vehicles? I think we should consider that in our plans.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2019, 10:59:39 am »

As stated, your dudes will use things where applicable. If you wish to specify usage of equipment (or restrict it) feel free to. Otherwise generally I'll deploy as much of your designs as possible. Since you're not fielding equipment across whole fronts as in most ARs, and since there's only one equipment-related phase, I figured expense level wouldn't really be an issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7