Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: SCP: CR - The OKB/Deployment Phase, March 2020  (Read 6290 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - The OKB/Design Phase, January 2020
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2019, 06:44:34 pm »

RE: Inconspicuous Clothing

Your dudes do have a wardrobe outside of their combat uniform. They'll be wearing their civvies if the situation calls for it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2019, 02:34:33 am »

Preliminary design. Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Quote from: UAZ-23632/OKB-REP "Borodina"
Armoured 5-seater pickup truck carrying surveillance equipment and a miniature electronic countermeasures suite. The Borodina is designed for use on low-profile operations by itself or as a support vehicle on loud operations. While the already-extant Krasukha system is an interesting design, it is too large and only affects targets in a specific direction. Conversely, the Borodina's ECM system does not need to be as long-ranged, so while omnidirectional jamming requires more powerful equipment, miniaturizing it enough to fit the vehicle is a challenge, not an impossibility.

Desired primary features:
  • Surveillance equipment capable of intercepting and recording everything that happens around the truck, as well as nearby wireless communications.
  • Signal jamming on all common frequencies capable of disabling the wireless capabilities of civilian electronics within two kilometers of the vehicle, in a manner indistinguishable from regular network congestion.
  • Stronger signal jamming to interfere with military-grade communications equipment on selected frequencies.
  • Armour strong enough to withstand rifle rounds at close range for wheels, hull and windows.
  • A top speed of at least 80 km/h on flat asphalt.
  • Off-road capacity.
Desired secondary features (where to cut when engineering isn't enough):
  • An inconspicuous appearance.
  • A top speed of at least 140 km/h on flat asphalt.
  • Capacity to safely transport anomalies.
  • Armour strong enough to withstand explosives and common anti-vehicle weapons.

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:44:17 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2019, 07:53:33 am »

+1 to the truck, I like it the way it is.

On the topic of paralytic agent, perhaps we can also include memory loss, so it can also serve two purposes?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2019, 08:17:27 am »

The paralytic would presumably be used to restrain witnesses who we want to question.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2019, 08:38:03 am »

Mmm, yeah. Memory loss might be an issue if we are interested in interviewing witnesses.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2019, 02:51:38 pm »

A couple things:

MoP, does our grenade launcher come with the thermobaric rounds?

Personally, I think an armored truck isn't the right play right now. We may want it next turn depending on the anomalies, but right now I think we should focus on Intel gathering/infiltration. What I envision is us piggybacking on the other teams Intel along with gathering our own. To that affect, I would propose we develop the following:

Puppeteer Computer System
We live in the modern age. Computers surround us, and our opponents. The Puppeteer is a set of 3 major pieces of equipment. The first is a transportable high power laptop laden with software that would allow agents in the field to access networks, encrypt/unencrypt information, search for important information, and ravage opposing information infastrure. The second piece of equipment is a small USB device that can act as an access point for the main computer, as well as store information. It requires a 256 bit alpha numeric key to transmit to and from the main computer to protect against efforts to trace communications. The third and final piece of equipment is a physically identical to the main computer filled with 2kg of semtex and a flashbang, and the same features of one of the access points. This is to act as a decoy for the real computer, and can be detonated via class ker or from the main computer.

Wip.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 03:13:41 pm »

If it isn't mentioned in the armory you probably don't have it, at least in regard to ammunition.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 03:41:07 pm »

A cracker's laptop would be useful, if done well. It would be sharper than the bludgeon that ECM is, but that much harder to use. That you need physical access to the computer to connect the USB dongle is a serious disadvantage in the design.

We should expect hostile forces to use traditional encrypted radio for their communications more than Internet protocols, and sneakernetting important files instead of sending them over crackable networks.

The bomb-laptop seems like a separate design, that I wouldn't put too much effort into. Many use-cases of a remote explosive can also be performed with the grenade launcher we already have. A good remote explosive might be a design for a later time, but not now.

Do we have access to civilian vehicles to go with our plainclothes? The Kamaz Typhoon is pretty eye-catching in most urban environments. A Toyota Corolla or two could serve adequately as undercover vehicles for the moment.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2019, 03:58:31 pm »

Currently it's, ah, "on-site acquisition".

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2019, 04:09:12 pm »

Stealing Commandeering vehicles leaves witnesses and a paper trail, but I suppose it'll do for now. Or if that doesn't work or is ethically wrong, it's not like you can't walk to a car dealer with some money in an anonymous account. I think we're fine for civilian vehicles.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2019, 04:34:57 pm »

Does our version of the Ratnik uniform include CBRN gear? It would be embarrassing to have to give up on an anomaly just because it spewed toxic gas.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2019, 05:21:27 pm »

Nope.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2019, 10:02:42 pm »

I would vote for either the Van or the Puppeteer system. I don't think we need to worry to much about being too loud at start since Chile requires no real stealth and Hong Kong we can get by slapping Chinese patches on and wearing balaclavas.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2019, 11:54:21 pm »

I don't recommend voting for either right now, as both are in an unfinished state. If you do want to vote anyway, I don't recommend voting for both, as they are currently the only ideas fleshed out from a basic concept; voting for all is voting for none.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2019, 01:48:40 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Borodina (1): m1895
Puppeteer ():
The only fault I can really find with the Borodina is the lack of window tint, but otherwise it seems quite good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7