Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: SCP: CR - The OKB/Deployment Phase, March 2020  (Read 6285 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SCP: CR - The OKB/Deployment Phase, March 2020
« on: June 03, 2019, 01:32:26 pm »

Hello and welcome to Faction Romeo.
Core Thread

Before we get down to business we must first actually set it up.

Vote on a name for your team.

A region for our headquarters needs to be picked as well. We have the following choices:

United States: Provides a Maximum of 10 Field Agents, 10 Security Personnel, 3 Researchers, and 5 Class-D Personnel.
United Kingdom: Provides a Maximum of 10 Field Agents, 10 Security Personnel, 5 Researchers, and 3 Class-D Personnel.
Australia: Provides a Maximum of 5 Field Agents, 15 Security Personnel, 4 Researchers, and 4 Class-D Personnel.
Russia: Provides a Maximum of 15 Field Agents, 5 Security Personnel, 4 Researchers, and 4 Class-D Personnel.

Remember that the starting armory will be determined based on starting location.

Once we're set up we can being to work on operations for the following anomalous activities.

A spike in mysterious disappearances has occurred in Hong Kong's Causeway Bay. There's no clear pattern, and local authorities are baffled.
An island has appeared off the Chilean Coast. Since it's appearance all seismic activity in the area has stopped.
A woman was reportedly attacked by an inhuman creature in the Papal City. She has since disappeared, and she seems to have been washed out of every image or video taken of her throughout her life.

During the Deployment Phase you will be able to assign field agents to gather more information on these anomalies or attempt to contain or capture it. As time goes on knowledge of the anomalies will grow as they're allowed to act freely, however other powers may step in to deal with anomalies if you let them go for too long. Deploying agents to investigate will increase information on anomalous activity, and that tends to make containment procedures easier.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 09:41:35 pm by Man of Paper »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - Faction Romeo/Info Phase, January 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 01:57:07 pm »

Voting for the UK and to double-search: Send 4 men each to the strange island off the Chilean Coast, and to search up on the Papal City Deleter.

Current Designations for them:
Rocksteady for the island
Erazer for the creature.

Name... y'all get that one.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 02:22:12 pm »

I'd like to go with Wayward Society as our faction name.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 06:23:37 pm »

So, Wayward Society, set in the wonderous UK, where we dont do much but we get it done RIGHT.

MoP, will we be doing anything else this turn, like sending out Field Agents to locations?
If so, a more refined proposal below...
Send 2 Field Agents each to Anomaly Rocksteady (The Chilean Island) and Anomaly Erazer (The Inhuman Creature). Primary purpose is to gather information on these subjects. It is anticipated that Anomaly Rocksteady is Safe and Class-2 risk at worst (for natural aggressive wildlife), so the Agents there can make an attempt to secure the island. If Rocksteady is what I think it is, we'll want it. However, I anticipate Erazer to be a Keter at best, and a minimum of Class-3 risk - USE EXTREME CAUTION WITH IT. If you die to it, of course, at least you'll be striking yourself from our records...

Class-1/5 System Of Risk: A simple rating system, which essentially tells us the danger of an Anomaly!
1: No risk to human life (Office work.)
2: Common risk (Construction work.)
3: Notable risk (Nuclear power plant, or police work in a gang infested area.)
4: High risk (Jumping out of a plane without a parachute.)
5: Don't. (Putting a shotgun to your head after popping 5 pills of cyanide.)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 06:49:21 pm »

That would be taken care of during the Deployment phase.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 08:06:39 pm »

Well, I'm just going to drop in here and say that I've never been more eager for a single (forum) game in my entire fucking life and then leave it at that so I can pass out before the sleep deprivation starts getting to me. Constructive input will be reserved for tomorrow and days beyond.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 09:16:03 pm »

I Would argue for Russia based on the following:
Good number of researchers, great deal of field agents to ensure we can cast a wide initial net if so needed, as well as drown field issues in bodies.  Security is a slight issue, but I am not overly concerned at the early stage at the game. We can address this as time goes on.

Name: Confidential Security Division aka Отдел конфиденциальной безопасности aka OKB. I think this is a solid name.

I also endorse the risk scale presented, though with color coding instead. Numbers can be interpreted both ways, while colors to me at least, are more intuitive.

Class-1/5 System Of Risk: A simple rating system, which essentially tells us the danger of an Anomaly!
Green: No risk to human life (Office work.)
Yellow: Common risk (Construction work.)
Orange: Notable risk (Nuclear power plant, or police work in a gang infested area.)
Red: High risk (Jumping out of a plane without a parachute.)
Black: Don't. (Putting a shotgun to your head after popping 5 pills of cyanide.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 11:56:41 pm »

I suppose I'll join this team. Comments on current proposals to come.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 03:53:40 am »

I agree Russia would be the way to go for an early advantage, and like the OKB name.

Current Designations for them:
Rocksteady for the island
Erazer for the creature.
This isn't how codenames work. The whole point is to be able to discuss them without describing them. Names also humanize the objects and increase the moral difficulty of doing what must be done.

I suggest a simpler codename format of the object's containment class (Safe, Euclid, Keter, Neutralized, Explained, Maksur, Apollyon, Thaumiel) followed by  non-sequential 5-digit ID number, e.g. "S-04342". For yet-to-be-catalogued objects and investigations I suggest a similar format of "Project [ID#]".

I also endorse the risk scale presented, though with color coding instead. Numbers can be interpreted both ways, while colors to me at least, are more intuitive.
I would suggest a colour scale similar to yours, but using the colours of medical triage and broadening it to humanity as a whole rather than only the individual, keeping in mind the concept of acceptable losses:
Code: [Select]
Red: "Can't Wait": object that, if uncontained, bears an immediate existential danger (death or state comparable to death) to at least 20% of humanity within one year.
Yellow: "Must Wait": object that, if uncontained, bears an immediate existential danger or notable change in life to at least 0,1% of humanity within five years.
Green: "Can Wait": object that, if uncontained, bears danger or disruption to the civilian population unaware of the anomalous.
White: "Safe": object that, if uncontained, bears danger only to those around whomever is poking it the wrong way, or only endangers the secrecy of the OKB, or bears no danger but must be contained for another reason.
Black: "Lost": object so far beyond containment, we have to admit defeat. (Example: SCP-8900-EX)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 06:38:25 am »

I'd be okay with OKB, but only if we actually wind up going with Russia obviously. I am also fairly fond of the Wayward Society name.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 11:09:28 am »

Commenting on the triage color scheme: Personally I feel it is less intuitive, and id rather have something independent of an existent system.

Also, I would propose a designation system where we have two designations, the official paperwork one that IC we use, and a D-class/bored security designation, so OOC we can refer to it in conversation more easily. For the official designation I think the format should be as follows: [Nation Abbreviation]-[Region Abbreviation]-[mm/dd/yy of discovery]-[safety designation]-[ID number]

For example, a random moving gas cloud of low level poison in Idaho, US found in May 12 1997 would be presented as US-ID-05/12/1997-Yellow-001

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 11:32:37 am »

[mm/dd/yy of discovery]
yyyy-mm-dd

Otherwise a workable suggestion.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 08:01:08 am »

Alpha's waiting on youse to continue :)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 08:38:51 am »

Quote from: Votebox
Name:
Wayward Society (1): KitRoguard
Confidential Security Division aka Отдел конфиденциальной безопасности aka OKB (1): TFF
---------------------------------------------
Region:
United States (0):
United Kingdom (1): KitRougard
Australia (0):
Russia (1): TFF

Closing Argument: Based off of inital agents and solid amount of researchers, Russia offers a strong early game as well as staying power. It also has a solid amount of expendable D-class to throw at problems, and the need for security agents does not seem pressing at this time, as well as probably the easiest to ease through automation/other measures. And as to name, I feel the wayward society does not capture what we are doing. It sounds less like an organization for world preservation and more a club for affluent elites.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:31:01 am by TheFantasticMrFox »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 10:09:20 am »

I agree. My votes go to OKB in Russia.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7