Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481511 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4815 on: April 14, 2022, 11:42:15 am »

"I'm stuck inside a wall or something.  Moved too far.  Don't seem to need to breathe or anything, this place is weird."

"It's basically the same as if I put on the suit they handed out, except I can still do stuff."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: April 14, 2022, 02:19:01 pm »

"I'm stuck inside a wall or something.  Moved too far.  Don't seem to need to breathe or anything, this place is weird."

"It's basically the same as if I put on the suit they handed out, except I can still do stuff."

"Euh, ok? That all frankly raises more questions than it answers, but good enough for me.

I'll try to inform you once we are ready to leave this dimension if you haven't found us by then, but be aware that if you get into trouble we might not get to you on time, so stay safe out there.

Oh, and if you happen to find any information on Friendo's whereabouts or how to defeat him while on your little vision quest, please do share with the class so we can get this over with."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 03:31:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: April 14, 2022, 07:22:58 pm »

"All I know is that whatever I'm stuck in isn't part of Mr. Friendly, or I'd be mind controlled."

"I'll get to work.  Just be careful not to shoot me, I think this might get pretty weird and I have no idea if the radio will survive.  The password is Bork."

I can't move or see a way out.  But I might be able to change an aspect of myself to free myself.

Imagine a feeling of warmth within my body, deep within.  Feel it.  Spread the feeling through my body, reaching the outside, warming everything to the outside of my skin and the tips of my hair.
Then, adapt to it.  It's still warm, but not uncomfortably warm.  I'm used to it, it's part of me, and nothing to be worried about, I'm not feeling hot, I just am hot, that's who I am.
Repeat the process, aiming to increase my body temperature until the flesh around me begins to shrivel or burn.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 09:47:40 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: April 14, 2022, 08:09:39 pm »

"All I know is that whatever I'm stuck in isn't part of Mr. Friendly, or I'd be mind controlled."

"I'll get to work.  Just be careful not to shoot me, I think this might get pretty weird and I have no idea if the radio will survive.  The password is Bork."

"Hah, alrighty then chef, bork it is. If you somehow can't manage speech anymore, do the batutsi or something, that'll get the point across."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: April 15, 2022, 02:51:38 am »

"For that rocket launcher, remember I can convert ammo for you. If you need more rockets and have some spare ammo, as long as the value in omni is equal or greater I can take care of it."
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, not sure if I'll be able to make use of this service anytime soon as I think one rocket is worth more than all my ammo."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: April 16, 2022, 10:03:21 am »

"Ed, do you want your drones back? You can use them better than I can. Though if you don't mind, I'd maybe hang onto one just in case it's useful. I'll give it back after the mission.

Oh, and would you mind seeing if you can get into radio contact with Summer? I have no clue where she went, and if this dimension is eating people we need to know, she might be in trouble."

"Yeah, you keep the third one. That sounds good to me."

Recieve two of my drones back from Yagyu.
Establish radio contact with Summer (if that hasn't been done yet)

Also search the Omniscient network for infomation on this thing we just fought. What it is, where it comes from, special abilities and the like.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4821 on: April 16, 2022, 10:40:58 am »

Go pick up the molar hammer (if possible) and give it a few test swings to see if it seems useful.
If the brute remains persistent, blow his last arm off.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[5]
You walk over to the fallen hammer. Its clearly not made for a human to wield; the shaft itself is like 15 feet long. You snap the shaft to be a more manageable length and try to lift the enormous tooth. You actually manage to get it up and rest it on one shoulder, which surprises everyone including you. That tooth is the size of a smart car and looks to be solid bone, but somehow you're able to move it. Perhaps its something to do with the Pain dimension? The distortion of perception?

Molar Hammer: 3d8.

”...Baldwin, don’t do that again or I’m taking your toy away.”

“I’m gonna go goop our toothfull friend, now none of you finish it off. If any of you could go fetch Tara before she falls into a throat or something, that’d be great. Oh, and did anyone see where Summer went?”

“If any of you have some rope, I can tie it up there and let it down for you guys to climb up.” 

Goop painboy to the floor from a safe distance.

Then rocket up to the mouth and peek over the edge to look around. Or deploy a drone to look so as not to expose myself. Either way FPS is reduced, TTS is enabled, the works. Take one end of the harpoon gun with me.

Also collect Summer's stuff that was left behind.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
You calmly circle around the giant pain elemental, gooping him to the floor. Once he looks pretty solidly encased you jet straight up to the opening of the mouth and grab hold of the edge of one of the incisors. You then stick your head up and very slowly look around with the reduced FPS mode active, effectively taking a panoramic picture of the land beyond.  You climb back down and wedge yourself - and one side of the harpoon gun- between two teeth so that you can look over the images from outside.

This place is....a bit more solid than what you glimpsed through the door. Perhaps due to Mr. Friend's Influence? Perhaps perception varies depending on proximity.  What you see could probably be best described  as a sort of infinite mountain range trapped in a swirling, gravity defying river of flesh and blood.  In the distance, all you can see is this churning mass of semi-liquid gore. It is the sky, the horizon, the depths below, everything. And streams of it flow through the closer spaces, unsupported and apparently just floating. These crisscrossing streams form a sort of lattice in which more solid structures are held. The giant mouth you're in seems to be part of an equally large human body held upon an even larger machine of torture. Around it stand two equally massive pain elementals who are, at glacial speed, cranking the mechanism on the torture machine. And all THAT is sitting atop what looks like an even larger human skull.  Off in the distance are things that look similar to the torture core you saw on the moon, but substantially larger and apparently mobile. They're swimming or walking about on giant tentacles of barbed wire. There are islands of broken black stone dotted with hanging gardens of living viscera.  The more you look at these places, the more you see. Eventually you have to look away or get lost in the image.

However the important aspect of the image is directly above this mouth. High, high above, is a burning blue flame. Its like a distant star, completely out of place against the flesh, blood and bone of the rest of the world.

"Hell yeah......         Aw fuck I kind of feel like I should of held on to that, oh well at least I hit something this time."

“If any of you have some rope, I can tie it up there and let it down for you guys to climb up.”  [/color]
"I have a harpoon gun, we could fire it at the top and crawl up the rope."

See how the my robot friends think of this place, also see if I can't get any kind of signal with the smartphone I have.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
Your robot friends don't really have the vocabulary for this place. They were, after all, designed for a children's restaurant. This entire....place is basically the opposite of that.

No signal.

Yeah, stick the gas grenade into mister hammer's mouth before he gets gooped over, so that it gets sealed in there. If Derp gets feedback from these guys in this world, that should fuck him up.

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
You stuff the live grenade in the thing's mouth before it gets gooped. You're not sure what effect it has since the PE was a writhing mass of broken flesh before and after the grenade went off.

Fly around down low and look for an exit from this valley that is accessible to our ground-bound folk. Or a cave, a mouth should have a throat after all.

((btw. Piecewise, did Yagyu ever get a copy of Summer's DNA that I publicly took from the Nurse's office, or did you veto that action? It was never clear if you processed that part of my request. It would sure come in handy right now.))

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
(Dev says no, so no. Unless you make an action to take it from him by force).

There is indeed a throat, though the tongue is mostly closing it off. The throat...well it looks like a throat. A giant black pit with no visible exit.

"You know I think I seen one of them fancy videogames like this once."

Guess ill wait around while the others figure out how to get out of here.
Waiting...

I can't move or see a way out.  But I might be able to change an aspect of myself to free myself.

Imagine a feeling of warmth within my body, deep within.  Feel it.  Spread the feeling through my body, reaching the outside, warming everything to the outside of my skin and the tips of my hair.
Then, adapt to it.  It's still warm, but not uncomfortably warm.  I'm used to it, it's part of me, and nothing to be worried about, I'm not feeling hot, I just am hot, that's who I am.
Repeat the process, aiming to increase my body temperature until the flesh around me begins to shrivel or burn.

[3]
Your attempts to become the human torch fail but you do actually become slightly warmer. The idea works in theory, it seems.

"Ed, do you want your drones back? You can use them better than I can. Though if you don't mind, I'd maybe hang onto one just in case it's useful. I'll give it back after the mission.

Oh, and would you mind seeing if you can get into radio contact with Summer? I have no clue where she went, and if this dimension is eating people we need to know, she might be in trouble."

"Yeah, you keep the third one. That sounds good to me."

Recieve two of my drones back from Yagyu.
Establish radio contact with Summer (if that hasn't been done yet)

Also search the Omniscient network for infomation on this thing we just fought. What it is, where it comes from, special abilities and the like.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[7]
It was a pain elemental. Interestingly the fact that it was giant is apparently not strange. According to the info here the fact that the pain dimension is so perception based means that things like size, distance, time, speed, etc are all highly variable. According to previous data, the same PE has been seen to be less than 6 inches tall or greater than 60 feet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: April 16, 2022, 10:49:17 am »

Recontextualize the mouth we're standing in as being a normal sized human mouth, which would make more sense anyways.
You know what, I probably shouldn't be trying to put my tiny will to that sort of thing, at least not on my own. I'll uh, use the rope for now.

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 08:00:30 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: April 16, 2022, 07:32:20 pm »

Try to guess if any changes will carry on outside of the Pain Dimension.

Continue with The Hottening.  But add an element to it.. shrink myself down some.  Do this by feeling some space open up around me as I no longer fill the me-shaped hole.

Don't shrink my hair, though, I might want wings or something if I have to move.  Or use it as raw material for a knife or something.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 11:56:19 pm by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: April 16, 2022, 08:24:11 pm »

Hmm, Do I think this thing will still be wieldable once I leave the pain dimension? Also, could I “shrink” the hammer without altering its damage output?
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: April 17, 2022, 03:00:18 am »

"So you got that thing hooked into something up there, I don't want to be stuck inside a giant's mouth longer than we need to be."
use my flash light to look around, and see if there isn't any thing written on the walls or teeth that could help, also stay away from the throat.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: April 17, 2022, 10:54:02 am »

Take out my Military Grade Electronic Binoculars that I bought from the bizarre and try to stare into the cave. Hopefully these things have a night vision mode or else what's the point of them being electronic?

EDIT: Grab onto the harpoon Yagyu lowered.

((I'll get back to the group once Yagyu shares his findings.))

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 09:01:53 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: April 17, 2022, 02:33:18 pm »

Yagyu took a moment to look over the footage again, taking in the grotesque imagery and reflecting on how they would have to steel themselves mentally to deal with this and complete their task. Then, he resolved himself to brief his teammates in a succinct and professional manner.

"Bad news, everyone. This place is bullshit."

Wedge the harpoon somewhere between the teeth and let the rope down so people can climb up. Try not to hit any gum though so the big mouth won't respond or clench their teeth.

If this mouth/head starts deforming due to perception shenanigans or otherwise, jet away to avoid getting smashed.

If not, reflect on whether it would be possible to capture the blue flame by thinking it's not a big thing far away but instead a small thing close by and encasing it into a box.

Oh, and stream the images I captured to my teammates.

"I'm letting down the harpoon, ya'll can climb up with that. Or just use some sort of perception trickery to get up here I guess.

Now, our target seems to be above us so we'll have to figure out how to either get there, or get him here. Either way make sure your sensory countermeasures are active when you get up here and look at it."

"For that rocket launcher, remember I can convert ammo for you. If you need more rockets and have some spare ammo, as long as the value in omni is equal or greater I can take care of it."
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, not sure if I'll be able to make use of this service anytime soon as I think one rocket is worth more than all my ammo."
"How much is it for a rocket anyway?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 06:33:00 pm by Radio Controlled »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: April 17, 2022, 08:03:51 pm »

"So, if this place is dependent on perception, I bet we could get things done easier if we all focused together and decided on the same thing. Could be useful in combat. How about we come up with codes which someone can shout so that we all know what to selectively perceive in a hurry? Slow, Fast, Big, Little?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: April 18, 2022, 02:37:46 am »

"How much is it for a rocket anyway?"
"I'm not sure the only one I bought was purchased in Detroit and it cost 6,000 Megabucks, so I'm not sure how much it'd cost in Omni to get another, probably should have looked into that before we left."
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 334