Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481507 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4785 on: April 07, 2022, 09:29:55 pm »

Take off my blindfold to get a visual on the guy charging me. Then fly away from his reach with my jump jets and zap him with my occult raygun. Aim for the head with those blue glowing eyes.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: April 07, 2022, 10:19:24 pm »

Jack sighs "Yep about what I figured." Calmly put on my headbuds and try walking out of the mouth while the brute is distracted murdering my teammembers... unless the mouth leads to a void and or cliff in that case just move out of the way and shoot at his legs some

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 02:02:45 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: April 07, 2022, 11:16:46 pm »

Jack sighs "Yep about what I figured." Calmly put on my headbuds and try walking out of the mouth while the brute is distracted murdering my teammembers... unless the mouth leads to a void and or cliff in that case just move out of the way and shoot at his legs some

((Don't forget to post your sheet or you'll roll straight d4!  D: ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: April 08, 2022, 03:49:27 am »

"Well this is different."
Keep myself and my Robot bros out of the way of that thing's hammer and shoot its legs with my rocket launcher if there isn't a chance of hitting teammates.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: April 08, 2022, 02:03:04 pm »

((Don't forget to post your sheet or you'll roll straight d4!  D: ))

(Woops that was close thank you.)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4790 on: April 08, 2022, 11:34:38 pm »

"Wow!  You do have big guts!  Fuckin' metal!"

Melt his legs and/or arms.  Wonder where the fuck we're supposed to go.  If Smough Guts Smuts is dealt with, head towards the opening of the mouth to take a look around.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: April 09, 2022, 02:04:36 am »

((Is the 500 Omni for d6 life?, d8? What dice level is it?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: April 09, 2022, 02:20:24 am »

((Is the 500 Omni for d6 life?, d8? What dice level is it?))
(In the armoury you'll find the reactive fabric and it gives you d6 life, I forgot how much it costs.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: April 10, 2022, 03:55:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
shoot the elemental.  the follow the team. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: April 11, 2022, 02:19:28 pm »

Juke left, while Pushbot goes to the right. Activate my optical camo to hopefully make myself less of a target, or at least be harder to hit.
Both of us start shooting the enemy, me with my microwave gun and pushbot with the generic sidearm

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4795 on: April 12, 2022, 10:44:33 pm »

Ever notice how most depictions of inside a closed human mouth that people have somehow found themselves in have a giant cavernous appearance, with the roof of the mouth way overhead, the two rows of teeth acting as walls, with the tongue settled low and flat underneath the tooth walls. Cheeks, if seen at all, when the mouth opens, are always well outside the rows of teeth.

Now think about the inside of your own mouth.
Note 2 things
1. This mouth is vertical. Teeth are seen in the open mouth above.
2. This mouth is open, not shut.

Tilt your head back, open your mouth, flip your tongue backwards towards your throat.  Thats what that space is.

Since all our fleshies are wearing isolation suits anyways, pull the pin on the Existential Horror Gas canister and just carry it with me.

Stay out of trouble.

"Not sure if this stuff does anything here, but it's worth a shot. Maybe in this place it'll find its way back to Derp and hurt him. Fuck Derp."

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
So you're pulling the pin and just holding the primed grenade and waiting? Just a live grenade in your hand? Ok.

Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
((what d# would the die be?))
Run in a random direction hoping I don’t get killed, can’t risk getting controlled, hold out plasma Cutter and attack whatever I bump into
(D6)
[10]
You run off blindly, plasma cutter in hand.  You don't hit anything and you don't die so...success?

This is the pain dimension, not the real world.  Jump up to the "roof" of the mouth, grabbing safely onto the wall, well above wherever we're currently standing.  Ignore gravity and leap for some arbitrary point halfway up, concentrating on a weightless, floating sensation, the rush of air from a great leap, and the icky feeling of touching the inside of a mouth with my hands.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)

(What exactly is one of those purgants, RC?)
[1][5]
You attempt, by conscious manipulation of your senses and what you choose to perceive, to warp your way up onto the vertical roof of this mouth. You force your perception to alter for just an instant but instead of ending up on the wall, you end up somewhere WITHIN the flesh. You don't telefrag, but you are completely encased in tissue with no idea where you are or even which direction is up.

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Brought up on discord, seems there was a misconception with the way people interpreted the description of the mouth. The mouth is vertical, not horizontal, with the tough lulling backwards to cover the throat. You're standing on the tongue, above you is the lips and teeth and opening of the mouth. Think of it like being at the bottom of a big pit or canyon.

Juke left, while Pushbot goes to the right. Activate my optical camo to hopefully make myself less of a target, or at least be harder to hit.
Both of us start shooting the enemy, me with my microwave gun and pushbot with the generic sidearm

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
shoot the elemental.  the follow the team. 
"Wow!  You do have big guts!  Fuckin' metal!"

Melt his legs and/or arms.  Wonder where the fuck we're supposed to go.  If Smough Guts Smuts is dealt with, head towards the opening of the mouth to take a look around.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
"Well this is different."
Keep myself and my Robot bros out of the way of that thing's hammer and shoot its legs with my rocket launcher if there isn't a chance of hitting teammates.
Take off my blindfold to get a visual on the guy charging me. Then fly away from his reach with my jump jets and zap him with my occult raygun. Aim for the head with those blue glowing eyes.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
((Just realized I thought about asking for a friendly sample to help track him in this dimension, but then forgot to actually add it to my turn because I am a genius.))

((Assume this was said before we entered here.))
"Alright, our somewhat more benevolent overlords have given us some mental purgants. If any of you fleshlings want one, you can. One per person, and if you don't end up needing it I'd like it back after this... mission? Penitence? Bullshit, after this bullshit."

The Giant Pain elemental takes one look at the team and charges, swinging his hammer overhead and bellowing.

Use jets to stay out of reach of the giant.

If the firing distance is rated as long: primary fire cutting laser (1d12), secondary fire ferromagnetic thingie (1d10).
If the firing distance is rated as medium or close: primary fire shotgun, secondary fire other shotgun.
(secondary fire is autonomous targeting system, btw)

Either way, the aim is to blow of the elemental's legs to immobilize it, dead space style. If I can blow off the arms as well that's a nice bonus, but legs have priority.

If giant gets killed by allies and respawns before my action, do above on the fresh giant. Alternatively, if he's dealt with properly, rocket up to the mouth and take a look around (at reduced FPS).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Light him up with my auto-cannon. If he gets too close, hit him with the Tesla Glove (which I forgot to keep track of, but should be fully charged by now, right?)
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
(yes)
Shooting: Pan[2] Push[3] Night[5] Wil[9] Burt[6] Bald[1] Yag[11] Ji[8]
Damage: Night [5v3] Wil[9v7] Burt [10 (rocket)v1] Bald [?] Yag[3v6] Ji[7v1]
Yag[15v1]
The team opens up on the approaching elemental. Burt's rocket strikes it square in the groin and blows its pelvis apart like a bony hand grenade, legs spiraling off in opposite directions. Ji unleashes a withering blast of autocannon fire, sweeping a stream of heavy rounds across the Elemental's weapon arm and severing it near the shoulder.  Night and Wilfred pelt the fallen giant with a few more rounds and splashes of acid, ruining a bit more flesh.  At the end of the combined burst the giant paint elemental is half a torso with only a single arm left. It is still dragging itself towards the group, but weakly.

In the chaos, Baldwin fires Fragile Darkness directly into yagyu's back. The Auditor body glistens with purple light for a moment, but that seems to be it.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: April 12, 2022, 11:23:06 pm »

Go pick up the molar hammer (if possible) and give it a few test swings to see if it seems useful.
If the brute remains persistent, blow his last arm off.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: April 13, 2022, 01:03:08 am »

”...Baldwin, don’t do that again or I’m taking your toy away.”

“I’m gonna go goop our toothfull friend, now none of you finish it off. If any of you could go fetch Tara before she falls into a throat or something, that’d be great. Oh, and did anyone see where Summer went?”

“If any of you have some rope, I can tie it up there and let it down for you guys to climb up.” 

Goop painboy to the floor from a safe distance.

Then rocket up to the mouth and peek over the edge to look around. Or deploy a drone to look so as not to expose myself. Either way FPS is reduced, TTS is enabled, the works. Take one end of the harpoon gun with me.

Also collect Summer's stuff that was left behind.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:44:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: April 13, 2022, 01:52:19 am »

Even if the mouth were horizontal and closed, my observation about how the inside of the mouth is usually depicted wouldn't matter, game-wise.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: April 13, 2022, 02:26:28 am »

(How much does a rocket for my rocket launcher cost?)

"Hell yeah......         Aw fuck I kind of feel like I should of held on to that, oh well at least I hit something this time."

“If any of you have some rope, I can tie it up there and let it down for you guys to climb up.”  [/color]
"I have a harpoon gun, we could fire it at the top and crawl up the rope."

See how the my robot friends think of this place, also see if I can't get any kind of signal with the smartphone I have.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 03:10:26 am by King Zultan »
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 334