Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481696 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4740 on: March 31, 2022, 02:36:58 am »

"Do you guys think I should leave my robots at base so we have less things to get posses or should I just bring em so we have more people to fight? Also sure I'll give some DNA type stuff I'm sure this fox robot is filled with awful garbage from Detroit."
Give DNA and get robotlockout thing.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: March 31, 2022, 03:16:23 pm »

"Ed, could you help me with something? I'd like to upgrade my goop thrower again so it works like the old one. Seems like it will be a good tool to have in there."
3) Give my goop thrower to Ed so he can redo the mod my old one had (overdrive mode).
"Sure, I'll take a looksie at it"

Modify Yagyu's goop thrower to have the Overdrive Mode. Use 1 toolbox charge to get advantage
Also loan out my 3 camera bots to Yagyu for this mission

edit: also see about getting some kind of sample of something with DNA, for Yagyu to track me with. Maybe go ask the lads who do our medical stuff? They surely still have a piece of my old body, or some kind of usless dna sample that they don't mind losing for a mission.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 09:43:07 am by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: March 31, 2022, 05:52:00 pm »

"Do you guys think I should leave my robots at base so we have less things to get posses or should I just bring em so we have more people to fight? Also sure I'll give some DNA type stuff I'm sure this fox robot is filled with awful garbage from Detroit."
Give DNA and get robotlockout thing.

""Friendly shouldn't be able to exert control over machines directly so they should be safe from that, but they might also just slow you down and not contribute much. I suppose having a proverbial meatshield or disposable drone is always handy, but I dunno how attached you are to your brobot friends. Up to you.""

"Ed, could you help me with something? I'd like to upgrade my goop thrower again so it works like the old one. Seems like it will be a good tool to have in there."
3) Give my goop thrower to Ed so he can redo the mod my old one had (overdrive mode).
"Sure, I'll take a looksie at it"

Modify Yagyu's goop thrower to have the Overdrive Mode. Use 1 toolbox charge to get advantage
Also loan out my 3 camera bots to Yagyu for this mission

"Ah, thanks a bunch. Here, use my toolkit, no need to waste your own tools.

Nice thinking on the drones, I'll keep them with me in case we need some more eyes in there.

Oh, and would you mind getting something to give me a DNA sample from then? That way you'll be our beacon homeward."

snip

"We protect against radio-based assault through the same means as other audio input, with Pathos' text-to-speech protocols. Earbud versions of this should be available for fleshies if we can't get those suits.

And, if you insist on using your own versions of mind control protection and safeguards, feel free but it's on you to make sure it works, I kinda got my hands full setting up the rest here."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: March 31, 2022, 06:53:39 pm »

"I just don't think so.  The pain dimension is weird, and we shouldn't have everyone's protections work the same way.  If there's one mistake, one missed assumption about those protocols, everyone's dead.  If I'm screwing up, that's just me."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: March 31, 2022, 08:54:43 pm »

"I just don't think so.  The pain dimension is weird, and we shouldn't have everyone's protections work the same way.  If there's one mistake, one missed assumption about those protocols, everyone's dead.  If I'm screwing up, that's just me."

"Ah, see, now you are making a point I am much more receptive to. It's true that some diversity helps guard against unexpected circumstances. No single point of failure, like I alluded to earlier. But, we don't exactly have a ton of time or resources to prep everything in detail here so going with what we know worked the first time around should hopefully give us a fighting chance at least. the rest we'll have to figure out as we go along."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: April 01, 2022, 01:55:59 am »

""Friendly shouldn't be able to exert control over machines directly so they should be safe from that, but they might also just slow you down and not contribute much. I suppose having a proverbial meatshield or disposable drone is always handy, but I dunno how attached you are to your brobot friends. Up to you.""
"I'll probably just bring them along, given what happened when people tried to kill those gimps earlier it's probably better to have more guys with guns than less."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: April 02, 2022, 12:11:37 pm »

I’d like to rejoin, sorry for leaving, I have to stop doing that anyways I think I still remember my text color
Can someone mention what we’re doing? Bob and I got sidetracked since neither of us knew what the last mission was, did it succeed? What’s our new task?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4747 on: April 02, 2022, 12:40:27 pm »

I’d like to rejoin, sorry for leaving, I have to stop doing that anyways I think I still remember my text color
Can someone mention what we’re doing? Bob and I got sidetracked since neither of us knew what the last mission was, did it succeed? What’s our new task?
Welcome Back. We saved your character sheet.

Our mission succeeded, and Bob and Tara managed to return relatively intact.

The mission you missed involved closing a door into the Pain Dimension, which Wilfred did by sending Derp (AKA 'Mr. Friend") into it. That was the guy we had to contain a few missions ago, who controlled people through their senses, (like a badly written Bleach antagonist).

Our current mission is to go into the pain dimension and kill Derp, because he is infecting and controlling the denizens of that place. He's becoming the Lurker in the Angles, thanks to Wilfred sticking his science in it.

Spoiler: Tara's Sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: April 02, 2022, 01:31:32 pm »

((Thanks, I’ll read the most recent turn and do an action))
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Oh god, we have to enter the pain dimension to kill Derp? Here’s hoping no one messes with thoughtforms making this harder again, and also hope he’s not trying to build another one of those soul gates…Alright, how do we get there?
Claim payment for reality mission then Attempt to enter the Pain Dimension after donning the sensory deprivation equipment, I think I still have it
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:17:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: April 02, 2022, 02:01:54 pm »

((Did you ever get any payment from the Detroit mission? If not, list what you did that mission and I think pw will still give you some pay. I think you can also still buy stuff from the arsenal (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Et0NA5i_jXldn8ySqCQXJNo8UCm2ewuvh528yN-_RNg/edit), though the coming turn might be the last.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: April 02, 2022, 02:27:44 pm »

((Did you ever get any payment from the Detroit mission? If not, list what you did that mission and I think pw will still give you some pay. I think you can also still buy stuff from the arsenal (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Et0NA5i_jXldn8ySqCQXJNo8UCm2ewuvh528yN-_RNg/edit), though the coming turn might be the last.))
I helped Bob turn our vehicle into a movie theater, and visited a new reality where those cultists are apparently the only humans there, I don’t think any of that helped the mission in any way

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: April 02, 2022, 02:57:00 pm »

I helped Bob turn our vehicle into a movie theater, and visited a new reality where those cultists are apparently the only humans there, I don’t think any of that helped the mission in any way
They weren't cultists, they were former scientists, and the information Tara brought back was the mission. They effectively told us what happened to cause the thing. Amusingly, this was the one lead that didn't literally explode in our faces that mission.

Since it seems moderately important for the mission, I am going to auto Tara to ask more questions about the Event (feel free to veto this. I am not trying to run two characters, just trying to jump start the mission again). Assume she is polite and respectful, and asks other things like about the general well-being of the people here, their hope as a community for their future, and how Earth-like this alt-dimension earth is, aside from the apparent lack of humans. Also, get more specifics about a return trip. Her stats are below if necessary.

So, that's 3 questions
1) what they know about the Event
2) how's the new digs?
3) how do we get back, assuming we even want to?

As for Bob, He'll open his mouth and await snacks. I assume Tara will idly be chucking apples in as she talks.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
1. The don't know the exact cause, but what they do know is that the machine was always designed to be used with "Copies" of human minds. Simulations with limited capacity. But that time they were apparently going to hook it up to a living subject.

2. Pretty good. Lonely, low tech in most ways, but they've got enough to survive and will try to make their living here. Even if a way back appears, they might not take it.

3. With their help, they should be able to use their own consciousnesses to open the way. Obviously they won't need to be...processed like the others. With the worlds so close together it should only take the combined efforts of about a dozen or so people to momentarily open the rift they created.
((okay, so it wasn't the only important lead we gathered. But it was significant info nonehteless, and Tara got it by virtue of being Tara. and also by dragging an alligator through a fleshhorror gate to an alternate reality.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:06:14 pm by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: April 02, 2022, 03:29:15 pm »

Oh, in that case, how much money is received for the info?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: April 02, 2022, 04:11:03 pm »

((What do we know, we’re just some mooks. Ask the gm! Make it an action! Claim your destiny!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: April 02, 2022, 04:29:42 pm »

((probably around 1500. Bob earned 1550 that mission for roughly the same achievements. And Wilfred earned 3000, largely for Kaiju Battle vis-a-vis War Crimes, in addition to mission info. So we can infer that War Crime Kaiju is worth roughly the equivalent of mission objectives + base pay.))
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 334