Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481617 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4770 on: April 05, 2022, 02:58:21 am »

"I'm as ready as I'm gonna get so let's do this shit."
As read as I'm gonna get.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: April 07, 2022, 09:30:29 am »

Change of plans, head in with the group. Stick with Yagyu. Have pushbot stick close to me in "watch my back" mode.
Retroactively get the shock collar/lockout whatever installed, however the version for people with robobodies is called.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: April 07, 2022, 09:51:52 am »

((I honestly don't see any reason to do the shock collar stuff if Derp can only target one teammate at a time with his mind control and must focus for it to take effect. I feel like the team might be over preparing and being a tad paranoid, especially those using the sensory deprivation suits. But whatever, to change it now would invite another string of endless discussion and slow the 'mission' down even more.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: April 07, 2022, 10:07:22 am »

((Would have been better spent getting stiffer firepower, yeah. Just excited to have a properly killy mission rather than more anomalous crap, isn't this game supposed to be a doomclone?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: April 07, 2022, 11:26:14 am »

((
I thought as much, but the missions so far suggest otherwise.

1) guard an experimental teleporter. Hye, at least we got Anime Ape out of it.
2) fight bio and robo kiulling machines in a bioweapons lab (the Doomiest mission so far, I think). Also, we got a CyberApe out of it
3) something something ghost machine. TPK!
4) something about a nerd making a feudal kingdom in a dystopian megastructure. Diplomacy occurred?
5) SPC Aizen from Bleach sociopath containment megamission
6) did I forget one here?
6) Fact finding beaurocratic work in re: the Antireality Tornado. At least there were explosions, hellgates, and self inflicted Kaiju
7) "More of a metaphor" than a mission
8.) Derp redux.

))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4775 on: April 07, 2022, 12:36:27 pm »

5)Each person is given either a shock collar, shock implant, or lockout switch. These are all then quantum linked to suit coms. They are currently set so that you need at least 3 affirmative votes to activate the shock/lockout.  The Quantum link will function regardless of distance or situation, however it has limited uses. Each individual may only vote a total of 10 times before their link expires.
((We had kinda changed the idea here, but whatever, this should work. Thanks!))

6) Suits and earbuds provided.

"Alright lads, we got some suits and modified earbuds. For the new guys, let me show you how to use them:"
((So the way we had to do it in the past was adding the following to our character sheet:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((And fill in if any of these senses are blocked or altered or not. For example, for Yagyu this becomes: ))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any chance the fleshy members of our team could get a mental purgant to help protect them from Friendly?

If possible, grab some boxes or containers and a decent poking stick.

Anyways, ready to go! 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Giving ya three purgants, 2 sticks and 3 boxes.

(Is there a fuller description of the suits?)

Ready for mission.  Do note Summer is not using a sensory suit, or a shock implant, or the radio earbuds.  I'll stow them elsewhere.

File a request to be allowed to retain my set of unused mission gear.

Go give one of the squirrel-bots the thermite charge and trip sensor.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
(They're basically space suits that shut out any kind of sensation. They're sealed environments with cameras for seeing outside that can be fiddled with to reduce their frame rates or turn them off altogether. )

Ok.
You've been given them, they're yours.
Alright.

Default Bob action: Bite anyone who messes with Tara. Especially Summer~
Action for this turn: March all my headless chickens and zombie hands up onto Bob's back for transport. Eat 10 Nutrient paste

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)
Bob, professional chicken and hand transporter, scuttles along after Tara with his mouth open.

Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Oh god, we have to enter the pain dimension to kill Derp? Here’s hoping no one messes with thoughtforms making this harder again, and also hope he’s not trying to build another one of those soul gates…Alright, how do we get there?
Go to the Experimental Lab and ask the scientists how much I’d need to pay to get a modification to speed up healing/regeneration
Is breifing considered in between missions or is it too late to do this?

This game doesn't really have HP in the normal fashion so not sure what form it would take, mechanically. Uh....you might be better off paying for a larger health die. In which case....500.

Blatantly use toolkit to modify provided QE shock collar into a remote trigger for explosives.
Or if it's possible, a thrown taser using Explosives skill? And save the QE comm for other uses.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
[6,6] You create a deadman switch and...uh...a taser you can throw? I'm not sure about that second one.

"You know, with my pain receptors turned off, I'm not fully sure if the shock collar will actually work on me."

Attempt to wear an isolation suit over my Omnitech JUMPsuit. If that fails, just put on blindfold, earbuds, and noseplugs.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
You end up just wearing the blindfold, earbuds, and noseplugs.

Change of plans, head in with the group. Stick with Yagyu. Have pushbot stick close to me in "watch my back" mode.
Retroactively get the shock collar/lockout whatever installed, however the version for people with robobodies is called.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Alright!

((isn't this game supposed to be a doomclone?))

Lets not keep them waiting. The Auditor says and the lights immediately snap off.  They snap back on maybe 2 seconds later and the entire team is standing in a completely different place.  Its some kind of high tech control room, all blinking lights and monitors displaying complex graphs and readouts, with a huge window in front looking out into a spherical room. In this spherical room hovers another smaller sphere, made of metal and flesh. It is a lattice of metal upon which several hundred or perhaps several thousand humans have been bound, their arms and legs twisted behind them so that only their naked torsos can be seen. They are packed so densely on the sphere they look, at first glance, like they are woven together. Each human looks identical to all the others, apparent clones.  The control room's computers suddenly begin blinking dozens of red warning signs and the sphere of bound humans seems to awaken. Electricity crackles from the walls of the room onto the living flesh and each bound human raises its head to stare at the control room. Their eye sockets are empty and their gaping mouths are toothless, but they stare none the less.  They begin screaming. The room seems to vibrate, the metal pulsating and bleeding.

Good luck

The room wobbles and melts away within seconds and the group is standing instead inside something they recognize. They are standing inside a human mouth. Beneath their boots is the pink spongy flesh of a bloated tongue, around them is the cavernous expanse of the dark fleshy cheeks and barely glimpsed shine of distant molars, while high above is the opening of the mouth. The black shadow of incisors and oversized canines are cast against a roiling red sky and a black sun wreathed with a sickly yellow fire corona. The team has just enough time to take this in before the fleshy ground undulates with impact.  A colossal pain elemental, at least 30 feet tall and muscled like an exaggerated body builder, strides out of the dark. He's wielding a hammer with a giant human molar as the head and covered in ragged clothing made of human skins. His belly has been split open and he's dragging long loops of bowel like a grotesque loincloth. His eyes are blazing with an odd blue flame that seems to be blackening and cracking the flesh around them.

The Giant Pain elemental takes one look at the team and charges, swinging his hammer overhead and bellowing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: April 07, 2022, 12:54:53 pm »

Since all our fleshies are wearing isolation suits anyways, pull the pin on the Existential Horror Gas canister and just carry it with me.

Stay out of trouble.

"Not sure if this stuff does anything here, but it's worth a shot. Maybe in this place it'll find its way back to Derp and hurt him. Fuck Derp."

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 02:23:55 am by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: April 07, 2022, 02:05:20 pm »

Ever notice how most depictions of inside a closed human mouth that people have somehow found themselves in have a giant cavernous appearance, with the roof of the mouth way overhead, the two rows of teeth acting as walls, with the tongue settled low and flat underneath the tooth walls. Cheeks, if seen at all, when the mouth opens, are always well outside the rows of teeth.

Now think about the inside of your own mouth.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: April 07, 2022, 03:25:36 pm »

Light him up with my auto-cannon. If he gets too close, hit him with the Tesla Glove (which I forgot to keep track of, but should be fully charged by now, right?)
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: April 07, 2022, 03:56:35 pm »

Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
((what d# would the die be?))
Run in a random direction hoping I don’t get killed, can’t risk getting controlled, hold out plasma Cutter and attack whatever I bump into

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: April 07, 2022, 04:25:39 pm »

((Just realized I thought about asking for a friendly sample to help track him in this dimension, but then forgot to actually add it to my turn because I am a genius.))

((Assume this was said before we entered here.))
"Alright, our somewhat more benevolent overlords have given us some mental purgants. If any of you fleshlings want one, you can. One per person, and if you don't end up needing it I'd like it back after this... mission? Penitence? Bullshit, after this bullshit."

The Giant Pain elemental takes one look at the team and charges, swinging his hammer overhead and bellowing.

Use jets to stay out of reach of the giant.

If the firing distance is rated as long: primary fire cutting laser (1d12), secondary fire ferromagnetic thingie (1d10).
If the firing distance is rated as medium or close: primary fire shotgun, secondary fire other shotgun.
(secondary fire is autonomous targeting system, btw)

Either way, the aim is to blow of the elemental's legs to immobilize it, dead space style. If I can blow off the arms as well that's a nice bonus, but legs have priority.

If giant gets killed by allies and respawns before my action, do above on the fresh giant. Alternatively, if he's dealt with properly, rocket up to the mouth and take a look around (at reduced FPS).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 08:33:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: April 07, 2022, 07:05:40 pm »

This is the pain dimension, not the real world.  Jump up to the "roof" of the mouth, grabbing safely onto the wall, well above wherever we're currently standing.  Ignore gravity and leap for some arbitrary point halfway up, concentrating on a weightless, floating sensation, the rush of air from a great leap, and the icky feeling of touching the inside of a mouth with my hands.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)

(What exactly is one of those purgants, RC?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 06:17:57 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: April 07, 2022, 08:08:31 pm »

((It's a standard item, you can find it on the arsenal page. Helps against mindcontrol and other fuckery, basically.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: April 07, 2022, 08:23:12 pm »

((A friendly sample may have been a very, very bad idea in here, btw.  Could have let him track you.))

I'll take a purgant.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 08:26:49 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: April 07, 2022, 08:34:07 pm »

((A friendly sample may have been a very, very bad idea in here, btw.  Could have let him track you.))

I'll take a purgant.

((Myeah, I guess it's a possibility, but I find it unlikely. Ah well, no biggie.))

"Here you go. Let's hope you won't need it."

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 334