Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481698 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4140 on: September 23, 2021, 03:38:00 am »

Get bearings of environment and current events.

Also please give me the full stats of pushbot and things like life die etc.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: September 23, 2021, 04:04:32 am »

"Welcome back to the land of the living Yagyu, we're currently trying to figure out where we want to loot."
Continue to sit at the turret ready to attack in case we get attacked.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: September 23, 2021, 06:19:14 am »

"Well there's still that old note I found, 'PLYMOUTH and OUTERDRIVE'. It is in the orange zone apparently, but it's closer to us than the northern scientist. I stole it from a seasoned artifact hunter; there's definitely something valuable there. I think that's reason enough to check it out. Maybe that place will finally satisfy our lust for artifacts."

"Oh come on man, have some shame!  You're showing more naked greed than a gold-plated prostitute!  If you want to go check out that dumb intersection, you're welcome to, but leave the silverfish here, at least until we decide what to do about the mission.  Anyway, y'all, I got answers for you:"

Quote from: I don't want to rewrite the infodump in Wil's speech, but Wil restates all of this
After looking through the images, listening to several hundred audio logs, and examining the plans, you think you have an answer. Or at least part of one. The plans detail a machine that would have taken up the bulk of that institute's shiny highrise tower and pulled enough power to black out the city if fully activated.  Its use, as far as you can tell, was very simple: To bring "mental images" into existence. The user envisions a car, a car appears. A classic example of simple idea, mind-blowingly complex execution. It seems that they didn't intend to use a human subject for the actual work though: instead they were making brain scan duplicates due to their more stable and reversible nature.  The actual mechanics of materializing the object seem to have gone through several iterations, from matter conversion to 3d printing. The final choice seems to have been some kind of energy to matter materializer which pulls energy from..."The vibrational energy of near divergent realities".  Your understanding of this sort of stuff is rudimentary, but you've been around enough gateways to know that the reason other realities are different from this one is due to some sort of difference in "Frequencies", like how light is visible or not depending on its frequency. This machine seemed to literally draw energy by leaching it off the "Vibration" creating those frequencies.  This nightmare tornado could either be that creation process going haywire...or maybe realities "interweaving" as their energies are made temporarily identical to this one.

"...To be honest, I don't know what the fuck else we're even supposed to do.  As I recall, our mission was to figure out how people caused this whole clusterfuck.  And now we've got pretty much the place's blueprints.  I'm tempted to say we drive over there and blow it all up, end this stupidity, but that's not our mission goal, and we don't need to kill Yagyu again.  Any opinions?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: September 23, 2021, 08:09:57 am »

"Welcome back to the land of the living Yagyu, we're currently trying to figure out where we want to loot."

"Soooo same old same old, gotcha."

snippety

"That is some good information, at least my untimely demise wasn't for nothing in the end. Seriously, inflammable means flammable?!?

With this and what we already got I think we have a good amount of intel, though I'd still like to talk to the other scientist up north at least. That said, I also think we should do something about that giant skeleton? I mean, I don't give a hoot if all it does is smash up some gangers, but if it's kicking the military's ass then sooner or later it might lead to a containment breach, and if the government can trace any of this back to us I'm pretty sure OMNI wouldn't think twice about throwing us under the bus to wash their hands off of it.

That said, Wil, since you created this thing, can't you just... Dispel it? Release their ghosts back to the shadow realm or whatever?

Also, I appreciate the sentiment, I do in fact prefer not blowing up on a daily basis."

((Note, this was written assuming Yagyu gets updated on the current situation regarding big skelly and that he knows Will did that. Not 100% sure if the latter is correct, if not let me know and I'll edit/remove this.))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:50:45 am by Radio Controlled »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: September 23, 2021, 05:27:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Akanorth keeps searching.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: September 23, 2021, 07:54:48 pm »

Since it seems moderately important for the mission, I am going to auto Tara to ask more questions about the Event (feel free to veto this. I am not trying to run two characters, just trying to jump start the mission again). Assume she is polite and respectful, and asks other things like about the general well-being of the people here, their hope as a community for their future, and how Earth-like this alt-dimension earth is, aside from the apparent lack of humans. Also, get more specifics about a return trip. Her stats are below if necessary.

So, that's 3 questions
1) what they know about the Event
2) how's the new digs?
3) how do we get back, assuming we even want to?

As for Bob, He'll open his mouth and await snacks. I assume Tara will idly be chucking apples in as she talks.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: September 23, 2021, 11:28:54 pm »

"That said, Wil, since you created this thing, can't you just... Dispel it? Release their ghosts back to the shadow realm or whatever?"

"Well, uh... maybe?  I haven't tried, actually.  I give it even odds that it'll disappear, ignore me, or decide that I'm a better target than the military.  But hey, as long as we're this far away, might as well give it a shot!"

Wil gestures oddly towards the skeleton in the distance.

"...Really though they shouldn't be mad, they should be thanking me for the awesome ratings.  I mean c'mon, skeleton kaiju fighting an entrenched army?  I just helped them jump the shark!"

Try and flex occult dominance by desummoning the skeleton kaiju.  Wilfred created it!  Wilfred can get rid of it!  I hope.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: September 24, 2021, 02:23:35 am »

”If you’re going to destroy the Skele-kaiju, then you better make sure you can profit off of it first. A lot of people would be happy to see that thing gone. It’s a service that I’m sure many would pay for. Especially the folks at the Bizarre.”

“Actually, hold the magic for a second. I'm going to try to arrange a deal. Could someone help me tap into their radio?”

Try contacting the leaders running the bizarre. Somebody was paying the guards, and I'm pretty sure they're organizing the evacuation as well. Say the following:

Quote from: The message
Leaders of the bizarre, I come to you with an offer! We are mercenaries and scientists sent by OMNI to research and study the various phenomena of the zone, and the skeleton monster you are currently fighting has garnered special interest from us. Based on our findings, such an enormous and powerful creature should not be able to exist in the yellow zone, yet here it is! So we looked into it and have found what we believe to be a weakness that would allow us to destroy the creature and save your store.

What we discovered confirmed our suspicions. Even among anomalies, the skeleton is itself anomalous. The details are quite complex and technical, but to put it in layman's terms, compared to other zone-borne giga-fauna like the giant walking trees, the skeleton is more 'real' than them. I doubt that was a satisfying explanation, but it's the best we can give. What it means though is that the skeleton is not as dependent on the zone's reality warping energy as other creatures created by it, despite being just as absurd as them. We believe it may even be able to survive outside of Detroit if it were to exit the yellow zone.

This power does not come without a cost though. In order to become more 'real' and less dependent on the energies of the zone to survive, it had to acquire certain adaptations to cope with real-world challenges that other monsters were previously able to ignore, like physics. Again this is a simplification of something overly technical, but you can say that the skeleton has its own form of anatomy. Just like there are arteries in the human body that would instantly kill you if they were cut, or tendons that can make you fall to your knees when slashed, there are parts in the skeleton vital to its existence that would cripple or destroy it if damaged. Parts my team and I are confident in being able to access and affect.

Dealing with the Skeleton is not our problem though. Our mission is solely to study weird things in the zone and study them we did! The only reason we are contacting you is because I believe there is a way to align our incentives and come to an agreement that will be mutually beneficial to us. You would benefit a lot from destroying that skeleton. We can only receive the authorization to destroy it from command if doing so would help us with our mission to study the phenomena of the zone. You have a lot of phenomena worth studying though, in the form of your artifacts.

The agreement is simple. We destroy the skeleton. You provide us with enough store credit to buy a few useful artifacts for research purposes. The exact amount is up for negotiation, but don't take us for fools. We know that they worth a lot, but we are offering to destroy a monster that an entire city couldn't defeat. It should be a fair trade. Let's start at 15 million megabucks.

Payment only needs to be made once the monster is destroyed.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:59:02 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: September 24, 2021, 04:42:29 pm »

akanorth keeps searching the web for magic infusion rituals and sends this message to central command:
To: High Command
Subject: Upcoming battle
Dear High Command,
We are going into an upcoming battle against a skeletal kaiju that i do not think we can win.  I request backup weaponry and armor.  Occult items would also help.
your employee,
Akanorth Requitist
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 04:44:42 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: September 25, 2021, 06:11:50 pm »

Keep an eye on the Bizaar people's movements, and what skele-kaiju is doing. Try to plan out an escape route should either of them get hostile.

If the Bizaar people get hostile or skele-kaiju starts stomping our way, vamoose.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4150 on: September 26, 2021, 10:42:34 pm »

Get bearings of environment and current events.

Also please give me the full stats of pushbot and things like life die etc.

According to Pancaek's sheet

Pushbot stats:
Skills:
Guns: d8
Melee: d8
all others: d6

stats:
Strength: d10
Dexterity: d6
Speed: d4
Endurance: d12
Will: d6
Knowledge: d6
Fate: d6

Doesn't have life listed but I assume d6. Bots are tough.

We'll assume Ed fills you in on current events.

Continue to sit at the turret ready to attack in case we get attacked.
Awaiting murder...

Akanorth keeps searching.
[1]
You delete your history and all the research you've complied so far.

"That said, Wil, since you created this thing, can't you just... Dispel it? Release their ghosts back to the shadow realm or whatever?"

"Well, uh... maybe?  I haven't tried, actually.  I give it even odds that it'll disappear, ignore me, or decide that I'm a better target than the military.  But hey, as long as we're this far away, might as well give it a shot!"

Wil gestures oddly towards the skeleton in the distance.

"...Really though they shouldn't be mad, they should be thanking me for the awesome ratings.  I mean c'mon, skeleton kaiju fighting an entrenched army?  I just helped them jump the shark!"

Try and flex occult dominance by desummoning the skeleton kaiju.  Wilfred created it!  Wilfred can get rid of it!  I hope.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
[11]
Wilfred looks at the distant form of the giant skeleton, considers it for a second, and then shouts "FUCK OFF!"

The skeleton sort of...fragments into its individual souls and bursts apart. The souls slither off into the sky and vanish.

"That was easy" Wilfred says with a shrug. Well, as close as his giant armor suit gets to shrugging.

”If you’re going to destroy the Skele-kaiju, then you better make sure you can profit off of it first. A lot of people would be happy to see that thing gone. It’s a service that I’m sure many would pay for. Especially the folks at the Bizarre.”

“Actually, hold the magic for a second. I'm going to try to arrange a deal. Could someone help me tap into their radio?”

Try contacting the leaders running the bizarre. Somebody was paying the guards, and I'm pretty sure they're organizing the evacuation as well. Say the following:

Quote from: The message
Leaders of the bizarre, I come to you with an offer! We are mercenaries and scientists sent by OMNI to research and study the various phenomena of the zone, and the skeleton monster you are currently fighting has garnered special interest from us. Based on our findings, such an enormous and powerful creature should not be able to exist in the yellow zone, yet here it is! So we looked into it and have found what we believe to be a weakness that would allow us to destroy the creature and save your store.

What we discovered confirmed our suspicions. Even among anomalies, the skeleton is itself anomalous. The details are quite complex and technical, but to put it in layman's terms, compared to other zone-borne giga-fauna like the giant walking trees, the skeleton is more 'real' than them. I doubt that was a satisfying explanation, but it's the best we can give. What it means though is that the skeleton is not as dependent on the zone's reality warping energy as other creatures created by it, despite being just as absurd as them. We believe it may even be able to survive outside of Detroit if it were to exit the yellow zone.

This power does not come without a cost though. In order to become more 'real' and less dependent on the energies of the zone to survive, it had to acquire certain adaptations to cope with real-world challenges that other monsters were previously able to ignore, like physics. Again this is a simplification of something overly technical, but you can say that the skeleton has its own form of anatomy. Just like there are arteries in the human body that would instantly kill you if they were cut, or tendons that can make you fall to your knees when slashed, there are parts in the skeleton vital to its existence that would cripple or destroy it if damaged. Parts my team and I are confident in being able to access and affect.

Dealing with the Skeleton is not our problem though. Our mission is solely to study weird things in the zone and study them we did! The only reason we are contacting you is because I believe there is a way to align our incentives and come to an agreement that will be mutually beneficial to us. You would benefit a lot from destroying that skeleton. We can only receive the authorization to destroy it from command if doing so would help us with our mission to study the phenomena of the zone. You have a lot of phenomena worth studying though, in the form of your artifacts.

The agreement is simple. We destroy the skeleton. You provide us with enough store credit to buy a few useful artifacts for research purposes. The exact amount is up for negotiation, but don't take us for fools. We know that they worth a lot, but we are offering to destroy a monster that an entire city couldn't defeat. It should be a fair trade. Let's start at 15 million megabucks.

Payment only needs to be made once the monster is destroyed.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
[2]
You get about halfway through your message when Wilfred evaporates the skeleton kaiju.

You scream in frustration and delete the message sullenly.

"Perfectly good opportunity, wasted."

akanorth keeps searching the web for magic infusion rituals and sends this message to central command:
To: High Command
Subject: Upcoming battle
Dear High Command,
We are going into an upcoming battle against a skeletal kaiju that i do not think we can win.  I request backup weaponry and armor.  Occult items would also help.
your employee,
Akanorth Requitist

You get a response back about how to open up a line of credit and about...selling your organs for funds.

Keep an eye on the Bizaar people's movements, and what skele-kaiju is doing. Try to plan out an escape route should either of them get hostile.

If the Bizaar people get hostile or skele-kaiju starts stomping our way, vamoose.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
When the Skeleton Kaiju vanishes the Bizarre people...well they kind of just stop moving and stare out where the skeleton used to be. They seem to kind of be in shock.

Since it seems moderately important for the mission, I am going to auto Tara to ask more questions about the Event (feel free to veto this. I am not trying to run two characters, just trying to jump start the mission again). Assume she is polite and respectful, and asks other things like about the general well-being of the people here, their hope as a community for their future, and how Earth-like this alt-dimension earth is, aside from the apparent lack of humans. Also, get more specifics about a return trip. Her stats are below if necessary.

So, that's 3 questions
1) what they know about the Event
2) how's the new digs?
3) how do we get back, assuming we even want to?

As for Bob, He'll open his mouth and await snacks. I assume Tara will idly be chucking apples in as she talks.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
1. The don't know the exact cause, but what they do know is that the machine was always designed to be used with "Copies" of human minds. Simulations with limited capacity. But that time they were apparently going to hook it up to a living subject.

2. Pretty good. Lonely, low tech in most ways, but they've got enough to survive and will try to make their living here. Even if a way back appears, they might not take it.

3. With their help, they should be able to use their own consciousnesses to open the way. Obviously they won't need to be...processed like the others. With the worlds so close together it should only take the combined efforts of about a dozen or so people to momentarily open the rift they created.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: September 26, 2021, 11:55:25 pm »

”No... No! How could you do this to me Will?!”

Baldwin is on his knees. There are tears in his eyes. Is he actually crying?

”We could have made so much money... so easily... and you blew it! All you needed to do was wait...”

Baldwin looks up, trying to look Wilfred in whatever passes for his eyes now. With the height difference between the two, he really does look like a small child.

”Why... Will... *sniffle*... why... whaah!”

:'(

And then he really starts wailing, and not just emotionally. His fists pound against Will’s armour like a tantruming baby’s against the floor. And just as uselessly.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: September 27, 2021, 03:00:01 am »

Wait, normally robobodies only determine your stats and not your skills. Do pushbot's skills override mine, or can I keep my own?

Hey, so they managed to rescue the auditor body's core right? Where is it now? What state is it in?

EDIT: if no other opinions or ideas forthcoming, let's check out the second ghostly sighting first since it's pretty close.

"Wow, that went... so much easier than expected. Wil, I may still not like all this occult bullshit, but you're the real deal.

All right then gents, shall we go snuff out that last nerd then? We also still have one more 'ghost echo' site to explore as well I believe."

He then turns to the inconsolable Baldwin and adds:
"Hey, look on the bright side, at least now nobody will ever know we were behind any of it and it won't bother us! We got away with it scot-free.

...also, euh, has anyone seen Tara? And where is Bob?"

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 07:27:07 am by Radio Controlled »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: September 27, 2021, 04:23:23 am »

"So do we actually know where this other ghost echo thing is?"
While I sit at the turret ready to fight check the rocket launcher and see if it's ether the single use or reloadable kind.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: September 27, 2021, 05:52:58 am »

"We do, it's not too far from here in fact. Near an airport again. Perhaps we pass by there first, save ourselves some time."

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 334