Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Clones Rework(SG)  (Read 9702 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clones Rework(SG)
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2018, 04:51:06 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2018, 04:55:52 pm »

Don't timeskip, I thought of things to do during the time.

Go online, and find the prices of all shopfronts for sale in a 25km radius.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2018, 12:04:17 am »

You fire up the cloning machine once again, using bio-matter. Your researcher keeps researching Genetic Engineering. Your clones made $1,049.10, tuition cost $1,500, net loss $450.90. You search online for shopfronts for sale in a 25km radius: there are a bit, one right here in Pe Ell, the average price is $3,500 a month to rent or $150,000 - $230,000 to buy out right. You had time to work just a bit on the fence.

Work on the fence will be done in about a month. The Cloning Machine is making 3 clones, will be done in 5 weeks, used 5.25. 2 clones in trade school to learn 1:carpentry and 1:structural engineering, should be done next week. Another clone sent to learn plastic surgery, should be done in 4 weeks.

New Unlock!
Skill: Barter

The date: Week 18, 2020 (Apr)(Spring)

Base Stats:
Lab: Cloning setups: 1; grow 4 clones in one month
Ration Masher: 1; creates 100 rations from 1 bio-matter
Shed: level 1; each level doubles your Stockpiles
Barracks: level 1; each level houses 30 clones.
Printing Machine: 1; each print 1 of something a day/week(depending on what it is) for materials
fence:    138/400

Research:
instinct-level zombies: 10/10; does not take room in housing, requires 1 week in the Cloning Machine.
female clones: 7/7
Genetic Engineering: 13/?

Stockpiles:
   Bio-Matter 71.95/200
   Wood 2/200 (each 'unit' is worth ~ 5 Bio-Matter and/or ~10 planks)(one tree gives, on average, 12 'units')
   Planks 4.6/200
   Materials 10/200 (each 'unit' is gotten from everything  else)
   Rations: ~ 8 months (2,292)(clones only need 1 a day)(did I mention you are a clone)
   100 disguises 
   $3,004.10 money

Spoiler: Materials ratios (click to show/hide)

Clones: 8:
 4 out 'working'; 1 welding, 3 day jobs
 1 Researching
 1 learning plastic surgery
 1 learning carpentry
 1 learning structural engineering

Housing: 9/40

Person Stats:
Suspicion: level 1.5(people give you a second look + a stare)

Skills:
Wood cutting: level 3: 8/14
Construction: level 2: 8/12
Managing: level 2: 4/12
Architecture: level 1: 5/10
Operator: level 1: 8/10
Barter: level 1: 1/10
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2018, 06:50:04 am »

Cut down a few more trees and split them in to more planks, then work on the fence some more. When the clones are finished with there schooling have them go out and get jobs in there respective fields.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »

Right, just thought of a great way to exploit infinite workers:

Add Drones to the research queue

These are refinements of the zombies: they can barely think for themselves, cannot feel anything, and mindlessly follow orders. In short, they are human robots. This allows us to put them in dull and repetitive jobs without them dying of boredom, unlike a full-fledged clone. Leading to:

Buy some 6502s, a subscription to a PCB printing service, scrap metal for cases, and other misc. components (ie capacitors)

Yes, we are making hobbyist microcomputers. Well, why not? They're cheap, interesting, and still useful in the current day if you know how to use them. Of course, we should also have an instruction manual. Hold off on buying the components until Drones are done. At that point, start decanting four Drones. Instruct them to start soldering. (It's not an involved process, you can learn in minutes using Youtube.) The welding clone can be put to work creating the cases at this point.
When the computers are ready, rent the shop in Pe Ill.

It will be staffed entirely with clones, saving a fortune in wages. Our profit will be much higher than any other business in the area.

If this doesn't work, I have a plan to salvage things, so there's nothing to lose.

Try to reverse-engineer blueprints for the cloner

This gives us a backup; if the cloner is damaged we can replace it. We can also manufacture more for the bunker to create batches in parallel, significantly increasing production and therefore make the zombies more viable. (Imagine this: a clone bay is kept occupied with a zombie, nearly done. An alarm sounds. The cloner springs to life, finishing the zombie within seconds. An unaware attacker is quickly overrun, and the zombies are killed and new ones are readied.)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2018, 09:31:30 pm »

You know how to build more clone makers , it just takes a lot of resouces. You zombie idea could work better if you research stasis tubes, clone makers can't pause what they are making, if they do 1/4 of the bio-matter is returned.

Also just letting you all know my computer is on the fritz, so I may or may not update in the next couple days.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2018, 12:07:45 am »

My computer works again! ya now to update:

You chop down 4 trees netting you 38.4 wood. You than split most of them into planks, receiving 15.6 planks. Than you use all the planks to build more of the fence. Your carpentry clone finished and got a job giving $600/week wage, starting next week. Your structural engineering clone finished and got a job giving $1200/week wage, starting next week. Your clones made $2,044.05, tuition cost $1500, netting $544.05. You tell the researcher to add drones to the research queue. The researcher is almost done with Genetic Engineering.

You start the process to rent the shop here in Pe Ell, you tell them you won't be ready to move in for a few weeks. They tell you they want a $1,000 down payment and will give you a deal. The deal: $1,500 a month + 5% of the profits every month with a 5% increase every other month up to 25%. Offer only good until they get a better offer.

Work on the fence will be done in about a month. The Cloning Machine is making 3 clones, will be done in 4 weeks, used 5.25. A clone is in school to learn plastic surgery, should be done in 4 weeks.

The date: Week 19, 2020 (Apr)(Spring)

Base Stats:
Printing Machine: 1; each print 1 of something a day/week(depending on what it is) for materials
fence:    160/400

Research:
instinct-level zombies: 10/10; does not take room in housing, requires 1 week in the Cloning Machine.
female clones: 7/7
Genetic Engineering: 17/20
drones: 0/?

Stockpiles:
   Bio-Matter 71.95/200
   Wood 36.8/200 (each 'unit' is worth ~ 5 Bio-Matter and/or ~10 planks)(one tree gives, on average, 12 'units')
   Planks 20.2/200
   Rations: ~ 8 months (2,292)(clones only need 1 a day)(did I mention you are a clone)
   100 disguises 
   $3,548.15 money

6 out 'working'; 1 welding, 1 carpenter, 1 structural engineer, 3 day jobs
 1 Researching

Person Stats:

Skills:
Wood cutting: level 4: 1/16
Construction: level 2: 10/12
Managing: level 2: 6/12
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:20:39 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2018, 01:28:53 am »

I have a feeling we would make more money from Iridium64's computer making idea if we sold them online instead of at a physical store, mostly because Pe Ell has 600 or so people in it and that means there wont be that much of a market for small hobby computers. You are really going in to a niche market and the internet is the best place to get people to see the product.

Keep spiting logs in to planks and continue to work on the fence.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2018, 10:23:45 am »

I have a feeling we would make more money from Iridium64's computer making idea if we sold them online instead of at a physical store, mostly because Pe Ell has 600 or so people in it and that means there wont be that much of a market for small hobby computers. You are really going in to a niche market and the internet is the best place to get people to see the product.

+1
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 05:45:22 pm »

Create three clones.

Assign one to General Labour and two to gathering wood.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2018, 05:47:46 pm »

+1
Do this, and pull our carpenter clone back to assist/get his brain scanned for the next batch.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2018, 08:38:21 pm »

You pull the carpenter off his job to work on spiting logs into planks and have his brain scanned for the future clones. Your clones made $3,151.35, tuition cost $500, net gain of $2,651.35. You work on the fence. The researcher finishes Genetic Engineering, and started drones.

Work on the fence will be done in about a month. The Cloning Machine is making 3 clones mk1, will be done in 3 weeks, used 5.25. A clone is in school to learn plastic surgery, should be done in 3 weeks.

New Unlock!
Specialized Genetic Engineering projects are now available, just say the specialty(female is one, drones are another)
All clones made form here on out will be clone mk1; clones mk1 have carpentry skills(wood related tasks 50% easier(50% more gains))

The date: Week 20, 2020 (Apr)(Spring)

Base Stats:
fence:    204/400

Research:
female clones: 7/7; allows you to change the sex of any number of clones, requires 1 bio-matter per change.
Genetic Engineering: 20/20; allows you to changes the dna of your clones, requires 1 bio-matter per change. May do other things, research required.
drones: 1/?

Stockpiles:
   Bio-Matter 66.7/200
   Wood 33.8/200 (each 'unit' is worth ~ 5 Bio-Matter and/or ~10 planks)(one tree gives, on average, 12 'units')
   Planks 17/200
   Rations: ~ 8 months (2,228)(clones only need 1 a day)(did I mention you are a clone)
   100 disguises 
   $6,199.50 money

5 out 'working'; 1 welding, 1 structural engineer, 3 day jobs
 1 general labors; 1 carpenter: wood related tasks 50% easier(50% more gains)
 1 Researching

Person Stats:

Skills:
Wood cutting: level 4: 3/16
Construction: level 3: 2/14
Managing: level 2: 7/12
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2018, 08:52:19 pm »

Research enhanceding clones size makeing them bigger 7 or 8 foot tall.

Clone a few ladys to hide our numbers.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2018, 09:30:43 pm »

That's what the clone learning plastic surgery is for. Disguising our clones further.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2018, 10:25:33 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10