Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192  (Read 13793 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2018, 10:54:54 am »

Horace nodded " I thank you my liege. However, i ask that you repeal the ability of those Knights to independently patrol the kingdom without leave of the local Fieflord. It is hard enough to keep the peace without a bunch of powerdrunk, gloryhound thirdborn sons burning down villages."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2018, 11:12:08 am »

The King considered this for a moment. “The Corvus Knights have long been loyal servants, keeping the peace between the Clans and Lords. However, this is a time of peace and unity in our lands, and so the laws should change as well. In light of this incident, the Corvus Knights are stripped of their royal remit to patrol the lands of nobles at will. They must prove themselves worthy before receiving this honor their predecessors earned with blood and steel.”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2018, 11:16:08 am »

Horace, as the last lord at teh assembly kneels in front of you and loudly swears loyalty. Among the remaining Nobles loud cheering and applause breaks out. Clearly the King has more than appeased them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2018, 11:27:15 am »

"With that out of the way, I have a suggestion to make. Whilst their methods were clearly incorrect, the errant knights were correct that we must always think of our northern border's security. To this end, I would appeal for the construction and restoration of fortifications in the north of Yshuis. It is, after all, important to secure the borders before thinking of foreign excursions. Count Horace's castle of Draktand could stand to be renovated and expanded, and I have identified an excellent site for a new fort."
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2018, 11:39:33 am »

Riskov turned to the king. "Your Majesty, I believe that Duke Laranth makes a valid point - if royal castles were to be built and existing ones renovated, the realm would be much more secure. The treasury can take it, albeit we have to be careful if we decide on something else mid-way."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2018, 12:01:27 pm »

The King frowned, “Do you think it wise to divert resources from our excursion south into the Wold?”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:35 pm »

"The castles would not need to be built only in the north, my king. Whatever is claimed in the South will need to be kept, and castles are the surest way of doing it."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2018, 01:02:08 pm »

The King nodded, “Ahh yes. After the war we will have much rebuilding to undertake in the south. As for the North, I grant you permission to fortify and restore as you wish, but it must be out of your own coin purse for now.”

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2018, 01:10:44 pm »

"...very well. Yshuis shall see to her own defences."
Laranth sat down, clearly frustrated, but saying no more.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2018, 02:19:44 pm »

"Your Majesty, our involvment in the war at the wold, beside taking troops from the northen territories and making those areas weaker against raids, would force all the warlords there to requit to their side every man they could and even though most of those will come from the South we can not ignore the option anyone from the wold being allied with some of the mountain tribes or other northen power."
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2018, 04:39:45 am »

Riskov observed Laranth seeming disappointment but said nothing of it. He only looked around to see if the chamber took king's announcement and moved on to the next point of the agenda.

"The holy men and women of the realm want to know what status are they afforded in the realm and what primacy do laws of gods have over the laws of men. This also relates to the status of all sacred property, temples and other that are within control of the cults of gods in the realm."

He turned to the king.

"Your Majesty, the priesthoods want to know what rights will you grant them and whether any one god will be held above all others. They also look forward to knowing whether your decisions are for your reign only, or whether are you looking to grant religion a steady position within the realm for the future as well."

It was turn of the 'holy men' to speak.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2018, 06:41:27 am »

At the mention of the 'holy men', Avaris suddenly looked alive, as if she wanted to say something. Reigning in her impulses, she bit her tongue and waited for a king's speech.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2018, 10:17:34 pm »

The King narrowed his gaze slightly. The Kingdom of Argas had few laws concerning the many cults making up the religious landscape. Kings generally took a hands off approach, though they may promote their personal dirties. The Line of Saleon and their household usually honor Hragon, ruler of the gods. Through him they enforced their claim to the throne. Sometimes past kings worshiped Ladros, patron of Arg Cais, but generally they only honored Ladros on his holy days and when blessing a new ship. Other gods were occasionally worshiped as well.

Tristan had no desire to cause disruption with any religious policy, and without any assurances or benefits offered, he saw no reason to grant more power.

“The worship of our gods provides a rich tapestry to our culture. Priests are our respected elders, teachers of wisdom, history, and lore. While most are not noble in blood, their stature is above the common man. The laws of the land, however, must be respected by all. For it is only in unity we find our strength.

The lords of the land will continue to decide which faiths and cults may reside there, and obligations owed. I will renew the ban against the Dragon Cults and those of the Forbidden Ones.

I seek to guide the Kingdom’s path in accordance with the gods wishes.  Are there any other matters concerning this any may wish to address?”

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2018, 10:22:14 am »

Silence answered him.

Clearly the clergy were less than thrilled that the matter of faith and state was put on the sidelines for the moment and pawed off to the lesser nobility. At some point the matter needed to be adressed, the clergy accepted that with the war with the Wold on the Horizon there were other fish to fry. At least the ban on the Dragon Cults was appeasing them somewhat.

Now all that remained was a certain mountain lady waiting in the atrium...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2018, 07:24:45 am »

Lord Riskov took the silence and noted it in his memory. Another burden that will have to be resolved behind closed doors...

"As commanded by His Majesty, the bans on forbidden cults are reinforced. Worship of permitted gods shall continue as before, uninterrupted and at the discretion of the lords of the land. May the Gods watch over our King and bless his wisdom."

He then turned to the guards who stood by the doors and nodded to them, to allow the people waiting on the royal presence to enter. The whole realm was watching, so to receive emissaries in such setting was both powerful, but also dangerous.

"Your Majesty, there are people from foreign lands who seek your attention and bring word from their realms to you."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16