Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192  (Read 13790 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2018, 05:28:15 am »

Host carnival of blades - traditional tourney among order members in swordsmanship, jousting, unarmed combat and crossbow marksmanship

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2018, 06:49:35 am »

"What are you intreasted to trade?"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2018, 07:16:40 am »

"Well gee, another one of those prissy noblemen. Guess Talia didn't give you much past the initial codephrases. The Woldian is on the left, the Mossian on the right. If you still want them both i'll talk to them. Safeword is "Red Argr". They will collect on you personally. Have fun." Without another word the man leaves you standing in the odd catacombs. It's walls are sandstone, smoothed down and sanded to give the impression of proper walls. The wooden doors to the rooms are sturdy and well made and as you look behind you you hear the door falling closed, heavily before a key is turned. seems like you are stuck in here. There is eight rooms in total. the hallway is barely illuminated by candleholders next to the doors. As the shadows play with your imagination, you wonder what you have gotten yourself into.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2018, 08:14:11 am »

Mambeling to himself about how to do those searches later, Redpaw knock the first door on the left prepared to do some talking.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2018, 12:13:03 pm »

You open the first door on the left, you remember the one refered to as the Woldian. As the door opens you find yourself in a a dungeon filled with several exceedingly muscular, tall and most importantly oiled up men and women wearing hoods. You have a feeling that you definetly have gotten something terribly wrong here...terribly, terribly wrong.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2018, 12:35:07 pm »

Trying to talk to one of them, he says "I sorry but a horrible mistake was made, I came to this place for getting information about books, now, what is the easiest way to talk to someone who have any

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2018, 12:45:41 pm »

King Tristan came back into the room, his face rather pale. He paced to his center chair. “ Lords and Ladies, please excuse my late arrival. My lady Gudrun, could you present to us our first goals of the upcoming campaign? Who are the warlords and what forces they present?”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2018, 04:41:23 pm »

Send spies ahead into the Wold, scouting out the positions and strengths of the other warlords.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2018, 05:53:57 pm »

Gudrun nods at her husband, slightly concerned before turning back to the War Council. she started pointing out positions

These are the Lands controlled by me and my vassal Lady Aerys she points out the grey Areas on the map with the yellow splotch in its center.

Together with my sister and Aerys i can bring 2.600 Veteran Freemen as well as a thousand mountain tribesmen to the table. These-

she points out the Southeastern part of the Wold in Blue and Light Blue.

Are the positions of the Warlords Raimund and Margeret. They should be our first Targets. Together they have thwarted me for the past few years, but with Argas at my back we can bring them down like a rotten card-house.

Next she pointed at the Center of the Wold, the Yellow, Pink and Brown Parts. These are the most dangerous foes. Lady Helga(yellow) aswell as the Lords Koyl (pink) and Medraut (brown) are the main contenders for the throne apart from me and the moment we fall upon Raimund and Margeret we can expect them to ally against us. Finally there is the minnow lords.

She points at the coastline. Their numbers are insignificant, but Orban the Old Shark is dangerous, despite his mere hundred men he can call upon.

a smile appears on the Queens face, before it quickly vanishes. Lacie what can you tell us about their troops?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2018, 06:19:00 pm »

Lacie nodded and began to speak, pointing to the location of each of the warlords as she spoke.
"Both Raimund and Margaret can muster 2000 troops each. Helga has 4000 soldiers at her command, while Medraut has 3000. Koyl has 2500. The coastal regions as lady Gudrun said do not have much in the way of numbers, Ketill has a 1000 while Konrad has 750. Orban only has 100, he must be fearsome indeed if the other warlords haven't already finished him off."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2018, 07:47:53 am »

"Numbers are one thing, but the ability to maintain them another. Can the Wold-lords afford a protracted campaign? If we cut off their supply of grain, how long can they keep their soldiers fed?"

"For that matter, how long can we last? With the new tax, we shouldn't have a problem gathering the grain needed to feed our own troops, but the question of paying for it all is a thornier issue. As is actually getting supplies where they need to be. Do we have a suitable staging ground in the Queen's territory? Will we be able to control the river, and ship supplies down it?"

Laranth pauses for a moment.

"Pardon me. I just want to ensure our logistics are secure before we get too deep into strategy."
Long Live United Forenia!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2018, 02:26:57 pm »

What makes Orban special enough to hold his own with mere hundred men.

What about fortifications in Wold, are there any in good enough state of repair to require proper siege warfare ?

Also, Lord Laranth, with all respect, leaving woldians with no food may just push them to hands of whatever southern power is playing its game there.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2018, 08:11:40 am »

"I might not be a strategist," Alexei chimed in, "but I believe the key to our success is to defeat each lord on their own before they can concentrate. If we attack suddenly, we should be able to defeat the one lord that is the strongest and stands against us foremost - with their collapse, whatever untied front that might appear against us will be that much easier to topple."

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2018, 02:35:58 pm »

Seek any literature on occult and forbidden topics in library of basilica

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2018, 09:18:21 am »

“Hmm, once we defeat Raimund and Margaret, could we expect their surviving soldiers to join us? Spymistress, do you think it possible to turn the three warlords against each other?”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16