Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192  (Read 13798 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2018, 05:21:23 am »

It quickly became apparent what the Warlords wanted.

Gudruns deal stood as it had before, the woman arrived even personally: the daughters of the marriage would be of her house, the sons of the fathers, the crown laws of Argas wouldn't even be required to be changed since women could inherit anyway. She wanted her people fed and the final decision on the fate of ALL pretenders to the Woldthrone.

Lord Koyl did not arrive in person. His offer was such: his Duchy would recieve the entire South of the Wold and would be established as an independent Grand Duchy under the protection of Argas. He also had the same demands in regards to Food and the Pretenders.

The delegation of Lady Aeris has only one demand the final decision on the fate of the Pretenders. They too arrived personally albeit in the entourage of Lady Gudrun and it turns out they only met with some of your delegates in secret to avoid the wrath of Gudrun.

Lord Raimund and Lady Margrits demands are as such: Final decision on the fate of the Pretenders, positions as dukes within the Kingdom, with the borders outlined on the richest parts of the Wold and the same for their ally. Notably a marriage with one would bring an alliance with the second.

The other two delegations, that from Far Moss and that from the Hill Tribes, bided their time patiently. And even further behind them waited the clergy and ultimately a very patient lord of Yshuis.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2018, 05:52:57 am »

Alexei looked at his king and gave him a sincere, obedient bow. "My king, not a soul will know of what we deliberated upon."

He listened to king's idea, thinking on it briefly.

"I considered marriage myself, I would welcome an opportunity to strengthen the realm and my family. I shall await your choice first, the realm takes priority in such matters."

Noticing the interested parties, he added. "Your Majesty, I would be happy to meet with the priesthoods on your behalf. No doubt they will seek benefits for their orders."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:14:18 am by Ardas »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2018, 08:15:34 am »

Kaius watched the proceedings with some interest. The proposal of a quarter tithe had made his face darken in anger, but he felt somewhat soothed by the rest of what happened. But he was still angry, still restless, and he could feel the eyes of other nobles on him as they stared at his shabby clothing. Idly, he wondered about marrying someone from the Wold. He took a careful look at the delegations, before sitting back and shaking his head.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2018, 09:02:09 am »

After the discussion with the council, the King sent an invitation to Gudrun to meet with him.

King Tristan inclined his head as Gudrun was brought to the commandeered study. Two well made chairs sat across a small table, lit by a warm fire in the hearth. The King stood by his chair, eyes steady on Gudrun.
“Welcome, Lady Gudrun. How was your travel?”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2018, 10:21:53 am »

Corvus departed the diet with all  knights of raven. As his main reason to visit diet was renewing oaths and showing loyalty to crown

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2018, 03:59:49 pm »

Corvus departed the diet with all  knights of raven. As his main reason to visit diet was renewing oaths and showing loyalty to crown

Right before he departs, Grandmaster is approached by a servant, who hands him a small letter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2018, 11:17:09 am »

Gudrun gave him a warm smile, even now she was wearing leather armor, albeit it a more regal version of her battlefield clothing. As she sat down she gave the King a warm smile. Tolerable and thankfully short. Not expecting ambushes is something of a blessing.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2018, 12:13:21 pm »

Tristan grinned. “Argas is a rather bit more peaceful at the moment. Though,” he looks at her armor, “ I do believe you’d get the best of any encounter. Mistress Lacie was quite impressed by you ... and your men. What is your impression of my fighting men you have seen?”

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2018, 01:01:50 pm »

She pondered for a moment. Do you want the diplomatic or the honest answer?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2018, 01:06:18 pm »

“I would be disappointed to hear anything other than the honest answer,” he replied.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:53 pm »

This diet wasn't good for Nomus, the changes to the system that were made yesterday means more time deligating reasposebilities and appeasing people at home and not doing more important things, and seeing the man reasponsible to the death of his sons come as a guest to represent his lord eating food and drinking wine is certainly not good for his health, no matter, there are more important things to do here.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2018, 10:55:17 am »

A new day dawned over the city of Risfurt, and the diet reconvened in the Hall of the city.

Nobles and others took their seats and everyone readied themselves to continue from where they left off yestarday.

Lord Riskov rose to the centre of the hall and raised his hand to silence the chattering that dominated the vast space as everyone busied themselves with talk while they waited on their sovereign.

"I call this assembly to order! As decreed by His Majesty, I declare this the second day of the Diet of Argas. Any who have an initiative or agenda to announce are free to do so."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2018, 06:02:39 am »

Count Horace stepped forward. A man with only tufts of hair left at the side of his head, which nonetheless made him look dignified as he was desperately holding on to the few hairs left on his head.

"My King, i come here bearing a complaint and a question. Recently an armed group of your Corvus Knights appeared in my county, claiming to scout out the Hill Tribes. When they found nothing, they started attacking several of my border villages, claiming them to be tribesmen, killing good freemen, burning down their homes and doing worse to their wives. As of this moment these men are in custody and await my return so they can be executed.

I come here to ask whether you oh my king, intend to uphold the laws of the land and more importantly of that most sacred contract between vassal and liege. For the problem begins not with this murdering band of so called knights but with them "policing" my fiefdom in the first place. The men under your control have overstepped their authority and that of the king. For the ultimate responsibility for policing a fiefdom lies with the holder of the fief and not in royal hands.

It is an inexcusable breach of the feudal contract by the crown and i as a vassal expect rightful restitution for said breach and moreover consequences to be drawn from this affair. Furthermore i demand that reparations be paid to my subjects who have so grievously and undeservedly be afflicted by the whims of the Corvus Knights."

silence falls over the room and the tension is thick enough to be cut with a knife, no one even dares to move in anticipation of what is to come now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2018, 06:56:32 am »

"Your majesty, this is a terrible incident, which must be dealt with decisively. Due punishment ought to be handed down to the men responsible, and the Corvus Knights be made to pay appropriate reparations. To address Horace's concerns of his feudal rights, I would suggest a moderate indemnity, and the convening of legal scholars to clarify the ancient rights and responsibilities of the nobility, to ensure such... misunderstandings do not occur in future."
Long Live United Forenia!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2018, 09:36:34 am »

The King closed his eyes and sighed, opening them and looked at Count Horace.
“It is obvious a crime has been committed here, but the Grandmaster should have a chance to defend himself. Due to his absence at this diet, you may execute the ones you have captured, and Corvus knights will be responsible for reparations. The Grandmaster may appeal this ruling.”
“The Corvus knights are an independent entity, and given royal remit to patrol the Kingdom. There is no breach that the Crown has performed. The Corvus Knights in this regard have failed their responsibility, and they will be held responsible.”
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16