Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138738 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1650 on: August 11, 2018, 10:54:22 am »

Hidden Monastery

Finally! Now, understanding the universe is within our grasp!

3 workers with 3 crude tools and Sense of Discipline farm on J8
2 workers with 2 crude tools forage food on J8
2 d.workers & 1 worker with 3 crude tools and 2 wooden carts forage wood on K10
1 d.worker learns style under Sifu San Gan Feng
1 d.cobra MMA & 8 workers meditate

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:05:56 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 11, 2018, 11:51:23 am »

No civilization has encountered even a single Iguana. Is this an error? It seems like a major error.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 11, 2018, 11:55:11 am »

No civilization has encountered even a single Iguana. Is this an error? It seems like a major error.
Edited my action.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 11, 2018, 11:58:48 am »

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy focus on food for the time being as their stockpile has dwindled too much. Now that the chief has removed the letter "i" from its title, the need for a new chief has arisen.

While its not immediately needed, the Jotun Oligarchy would like a second food based tile just in case disaster strikes in the future...

As the divine dousing rod points somewhere, the dowsing rod is once again used at B2.

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Tech Effects (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:00:41 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 11, 2018, 12:59:38 pm »

Amastay replaces the tile at C3 with a forest made entirely of fruit trees. Besides having lots of fruit to correct, many creatures will no doubt come to reside there since they can subsist on the fruit.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 11, 2018, 01:03:53 pm »

Disci creates a pack of Yuga at F11. These dog sized iguanas are pack animals with red scales. They can sense discipline and obey those that are disciplined. They are quite aggressive regarding the undisciplined. They have a strong wanderlust.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 11, 2018, 01:04:54 pm »

Delta Dwellers
2 workers with 2 boats and 2 nets fish at E7
2 workers with 2 boats and 2 nets fish at F7
7 workers with 7 crude tools build farm at E8
3 workers explore E8
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 11, 2018, 01:10:05 pm »

Mabel
continue exploring F11
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 11, 2018, 02:18:58 pm »

In the distance, Blarg can see a black and white striped spire, just like he saw in his dream/vision.
Is this the same place Keerim is or is it a different place?
Mine is orange and black, so I think that you are seeing your zebra followers' tower

Keerim creates the artifact The Edict of Keerim at the location where the Aglejo me the seagull people. The Edict is a large copper statue of Keerim’s avatar with an inscription in both Aglejo and Seagull script that declares the floating islands as the sovereign territory of the Aglejo. The Edict is also a partially completed shrine/temple with however much progress 5FP will buy(probably just 1 or 2 worker-turns of labor).
Then creates a flying iguana near the Edict, and then rings the bell

Tellus, do you want to pool our power to make a research boosting artifact for the Aglejo? If I remember correctly, it costs 10 FP per 10% boost, so we could give them a 20% boost
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:20:13 am by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 11, 2018, 02:33:41 pm »

Dipnoi Republic

At last, let us uncover the secrets of our past!

3 Workers farm at I6 with 3 Crude Tools.
3 Workers farm at I7 with 3 Crude Tools.
1 Worker forage for Food at H6 with 1 Crude Tool.
1 Pygmy Scout explores I6 with 1 Blowdarts.
2 Pygmy Scouts explore the Ancient Dipnoi Ruins at I6 with 2 Blowdarts.
5 Pygmy Workers finish construction of a Ziggurath to Nagas using 2 Crude Tools. 1 Labor added from Mathematics.
5 Workers research Geometry.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:16:13 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 11, 2018, 02:55:35 pm »

Disci, how do you want to get FP from monks? I'm finally nearing the stage when I can dedicate some labor to actually returning previous favors. I'm considering going Temple route (1.5 FP per worker per turn) while for now, meditation should cover FP raising (2.5 per worker per 2 turns). If you have some other ideas - I'm willing to listen. Getting priests is ill-advised, though, as I see monks as opportunistic rather than dedicated worshippers. They quite revere the discipline, though.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 11, 2018, 04:07:08 pm »

I was thinking of training prayers... Basically small prayers that would be done before and after training. That way whenever you would train someone they would generate small amounts of fp. I do think that a priest is unfitting for the monks as well. All monks are in a way priests but instead of focusing on prayer they focus on working hard and disciplined to unfold the will of gods. If you dedicate meditation to me i will respect it greatly as meditation is a form of deep inner discipline.
Maybe you could also include work prayers similar to the prayers of training...

Also, as your ancestor is a true hero of discipline, paying respect to him is important, as I consider him to be a Paladin of Discipline. I am a god and you will never be like me, but he was a human, so all monks should thrive to be like him.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:14 pm »

Keerim creates a flying iguana at B6, then rings the bell

Tellus, do you want to pool our power to make a research boosting artifact for the Aglejo? If I remember correctly, it costs 10 FP per 10% boost, so we could give them a 20% boost

Didn't those things become more expensive in the new age?

Anyway, I am more concerned about the Aglejo being sort of conquered by the birdmen empire. Although, at thsi time I odn't really have the time to deal with the game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 11, 2018, 04:32:52 pm »

Daily Prayers would do.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 11, 2018, 04:57:45 pm »

The birdmen are so insignificant, they didn't even generate any FP for the gods, with the sole exception of their interactions with the Ageljo. This means that since the dawn of the second age, they did none of the following things:

Construct anything (Amastay)
Create special worker types (Disci)
Increase population (Keerim)
Do anything with metal (Tellus)
Craft anything noteworthy (Kel)
Pray even a single time

And we already know that animals CAN generate FP, as demonstrated by the Zebras.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:01:44 pm by Supernerd »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 119