Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138700 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1665 on: August 11, 2018, 05:01:29 pm »

Nagas sits patiently and stares at the Dipnoi. Intensely.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 11, 2018, 05:04:25 pm »

Daily Prayers would do.
What brings you to the conclusion that it is tolerable to meddle in a conversation between the Honourable Monks and me?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 11, 2018, 05:09:43 pm »

Fine then..

As for the GP bit, you were frozen in time.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 11, 2018, 05:49:06 pm »

Didn't those things become more expensive in the new age?

Anyway, I am more concerned about the Aglejo being sort of conquered by the birdmen empire. Although, at thsi time I odn't really have the time to deal with the game.
I'll handle the birds if they become a serious problem, and I haven't seen anything about research boosts being more expensive, just tile modifications, which is why I wanted to make an artifact
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 11, 2018, 06:48:58 pm »

The birdmen are so insignificant, they didn't even generate any FP for the gods, with the sole exception of their interactions with the Ageljo. This means that since the dawn of the second age, they did none of the following things:

Construct anything (Amastay)
Create special worker types (Disci)
Increase population (Keerim)
Do anything with metal (Tellus)
Craft anything noteworthy (Kel)
Pray even a single time

And we already know that animals CAN generate FP, as demonstrated by the Zebras.

I think the problem is... Currently, gods only receive FP for what happens in EXPLORED regions. Other places - they know nothing about yet

I was thinking of training prayers... Basically small prayers that would be done before and after training. That way whenever you would train someone they would generate small amounts of fp. I do think that a priest is unfitting for the monks as well. All monks are in a way priests but instead of focusing on prayer they focus on working hard and disciplined to unfold the will of gods. If you dedicate meditation to me i will respect it greatly as meditation is a form of deep inner discipline.
Maybe you could also include work prayers similar to the prayers of training...

Also, as your ancestor is a true hero of discipline, paying respect to him is important, as I consider him to be a Paladin of Discipline. I am a god and you will never be like me, but he was a human, so all monks should thrive to be like him.
Interesting suggestion about Neheb. I do intend for monks to revere him (and, you may have noticed, his spirit still lingers in this world. Damn great dedication!)

About prayers - in a sense, its already there. You get FP each time monks train a new style or grow in discipline. In my view, praying to Disci is about doing things well and in complete dedication rather than delivering empty words
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 11, 2018, 07:21:02 pm »

Sometimes your knowledge of my views astonish me. The true devotion to the task at hand truly inspires me, but as I too am an imperfect being I must nourish myself with the faith of my followers.

I have no fear that you will survive every challenge thrown at you.

Consider this, prayers are not empty words when the speaker allows to reflect the words he speaks. Upon every prayer a lesson can be learned if the prayer is honest and out of the will to embrace discipline. Now pardon me I have to say something to another child of discipline.

Cait Sith, I admire you so much so I will give you an insight. My harshness towards you results from my wish that you improve yourself even more. You have accomplished what others havenot even grasped in their imagination, but at times it seems that you expect that things fall into your hands because you deserve it. Such is not the law of the universe, it is only your diligence and discipline that shapes the world in your favour. On the day When you truely embrace discipline and feed her with dedication you will accomplish the legendary. The spark of potential is there but as you still have not understood discipline fully the potential remains unfulfilled. Have no fear, I expect that you will grow to be exceptionay extraordinary. Also, you could be more thankful for the gofts the gods bestowed upon you.

After having said so much to the many children of hers, Disci sits down and begins a deep meditation.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 12, 2018, 09:08:06 am »

"I've got transport and a weapon, so I think I'm ready to go and check out that tower."
Blarg uses his physical body to grab the Nine Iron and then he gets into the yellow wagon and drives towards the black and white tower.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:03 am »

Aglejo

Error: 2 workers should have been created this turn.

The Aglejo people burst into outrage as their interpreter recounts the emissary's speech to them. By what right did these misshapen birds lay their claim and impose their demands? Had the Islands not been carved into existence, lifted into the heavens, and gifted to their ancestors in a time before time by the Father of the Sky himself? Was the gift of avian speech not a sign of His continued divine presence amongst them? Would their Empress challenge the will of God?
Thoughts of protest are quickly stifled by glances at the Whitewing soldiers and their gleaming spears, for the people of Aglejo are peasants ill-suited to the art of warfare. They slowly return to their duties, conflicted by the recent turn of events.

1 seagull language speaker and 2 workers pray to Keerim, asking for guidance.
4 workers build a smelter at B6 using 4 crude tools.
3 workers farm at B6 using 3 crude tools.
3 workers harvest at B6 using 3 crude tools.
2 workers forage for wood at B6 using 2 crude tools and 2 wooden carts.
3 workers make bricks at B6.
1 worker researches Mathematics.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 12, 2018, 10:18:44 am »

Ok, you consider the seagull people a serious issue, so I’ll deal with them. Edited my action.
Hopefully they will obey this, but if they don’t I will help defend you. I just don’t want to take a side unless a war starts.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 12, 2018, 10:45:07 am »

I believe Shrines and Temples to be slightly different things. Not counting the fact one is made of Wood, and the other stone.

Mostly trying to go for multiple god research at this point, and Japanese Shrines seem the way to go.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 12, 2018, 11:34:59 am »

Tellus explores the ocean bottom at B7

Tellus creates the Rustbite sword at B6

Spoiler: Rustbite sword (click to show/hide)

Time to get active again and try to find Stymphalus. I bet he would instill some respect in the seagull people.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 12, 2018, 06:47:50 pm »

The People
Action 1:
9 workers build a stone age orchard at H4 (1 labor added from mathematics)
Action 2:
3 workers hunt at H3 with 3 crude spears
Action 3:
3 scouts explore H5 with 3 crude spears
Action 4:
1 worker farms at H4 with 1 crude tool
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 12, 2018, 10:16:40 pm »

Whoever gives me a few prayers will recieve a cat-based artifact.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 14, 2018, 12:15:06 am »

Turn 56 - The Bronze Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Locations:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Worldly Events:
Tile I6 is revealed to be a basic swamp.  The GM should have revealed this at 50% exploration.

Godly actions of note:
Felius creates an iguana at B9 for 1 FP.
Amastay replaces the wasteland at C3 with a fruit tree forest for 10 FP.
Disci does not have enough FP to create a pack of Yugas.  (Would cost 10 FP.)
Mabel explores F11 with her pixie avatar.  The exploration level is raised 8%.
Keerim creates the Edict of Keerim at B6 for 5 FP.  Then Keerim creates a flying iguana at B6 for 1 FP.  Then Keerim pulls the rope on the orange and black tower.  A gong is heard that echoes in the cavernous hall behind the door.  After several minutes, footsteps are finally heard behind the door.  Clanking is heard as the bolts are unlocked, and the wooden door opens with a creak.  There stands a Zebra; except, he is not a Zebra, but a Zebra-man.  His face is equine like a Zebra's, but his fur is very sparse like on a human, except on top of his head, where it is in thick black and orange striped tufts.  He has the body of a human, complete with arms, hands, legs, and feet, and that body is clad in an orange robe.  For a silent moment, the Zebra regards Keerim; then he opens the door fully, and gestures, saying, "Come in.  We've been expecting you."  Keerim follows the Zebra inside.  They walk down an exquisitely tiled hallway.  The place appears to be superbly built.  At the end of the hallway, the Zebra opens a door, and gestures for the bird god to enter.  The small room contains bookshelves with Zebra books, a table, and two finely crafted leather upholstered chairs.  The two sit.  Says the Zebra:  "I must say, we were not expecting you this early.  We did get the pigeon informing us that tribute was to be expected of us, but it also said that that would be two weeks from now.  We haven't had time to prepare your tribute, though if you don't mind waiting, we can prepare a makeshift tribute within the hour.  Meanwhile, would you like some tea while you wait?"  Without waiting for an answer, the Zebra claps his hands, and a human servant hustles in with a tray of tea and biscuits.
Blarg drives towards black and white tower.  The exploration level is raised 3%.  The tower is impressive and of superb workmanship.  It is surrounded by finely manicured gardens peppered with conservative sculpture that is well within the bounds of what is considered good taste in the bronze age.  By a wooden door hangs a rope that presumably tolls a bell; below the rope is a sign in Zebra script that says "No Solicitors."
Tellus creates the Rustbite Sword at B6 for 10 FP!  Then Tellus spends 1 FP to raise the exploration of B7 by 4%.

Civilization actions:

Drecthul Commonwealth
3 explorers explore C8.  The exploration level is raised by 33%.  The explorers discover a vein of magical metal polyferrite!  Tellus gets 2 FP!  Unseen, they also observe a party of 6 Skettins pass by.
3 workers farm at C9 with 3 crude tools.  They get 9 food.
3 workers hunt at C9 with 3 crude spears.  They get 10 food.
2 workers research Mathematics.

Cait Sith
1 worker with the Hoe of Discipline and 2 workers with crude tools farm at K-2.  They get 12 food.  1 worker becomes disciplined.  Disci gets 1 FP.
1 Scout using the Seeker's Compass scouts at J-1.  Exploration is raised 8%.  They discover the Necromancer's Black Tower!
1 Disciplined Philosopher Argues, With True Discipline!!!
4 disciplined workers, 1 apprentice, and 5 workers research Mathematics.  The tech is complete!  There are 3 breakthroughs, and thus 3 leftover workers!  1 disciplined worker researches Shrines.  1 worker forages for food and gets 3 food.  1 worker contemplates taking up philosophy.

Hidden Monastery
3 workers with 3 crude tools and Sense of Discipline farm on J8.  They get 7 food.  1 worker becomes disciplined.  Disci gets 1 FP.
2 workers with 2 crude tools forage food on J8 and get 7 food.
2 d.workers & 1 worker with 3 crude tools and 2 wooden carts forage wood on K10 and get 8 wood.  1 worker narrowly avoids being eaten by a python!  Nagas gets 1 FP.
1 d.worker learns style under Sifu San Gan Feng.  The disciplined worker becomes a disciplined beginner cat-style martial artist.  Disci gets 1 FP.  Felius gets 1 FP.
1 d.cobra MMA & 8 workers meditate.  Disci gets 2 FP.

The Jotun Oligarchy
6 farmers using 6 crude tools Farm at the giant stone age farm at E4 and get 25 food.
1 workers using the artifact "divine dousing rod" Forages at B2 and gets 0 food.  The dowsing rod points somewhere.
1 chef using the artifact "The Divine Cookbook" Researches Cooking.
4 workers using 4 crude tools Construct Stone Age Training Fields at C3 and the construction is complete.  Amastay gets 2 FP.
3 workers using 3 slings and 3 spears Hunt at D5 and get 9 food.
1 worker Trains to become a Chief.  Disci gets 1 FP.

Delta Dwellers
2 workers with 2 boats and 2 nets fish at E7 and get 12 food.
2 workers with 2 boats and 2 nets fish at F7 and get 8 food.
7 workers with 7 crude tools build farm at E8 and the stone age farm is complete.  Amastay gets 1 FP.
3 workers explore E8.  The exploration level goes up 12%. 

Dipnoi Republic
3 Workers farm at I6 with 3 Crude Tools.  They get 8 food.
3 Workers farm at I7 with 3 Crude Tools.  They get 8 food.
1 Worker forages for Food at H6 with 1 Crude Tool and gets 3 food.
1 Pygmy Scout explores I6 with 1 Blowdarts.  The exploration level goes up 4%!
2 Pygmy Scouts explore the Ancient Dipnoi Ruins at I6 with 2 Blowdarts.  No ghosts are seen, but, apparently, a pack of feral boars of unusual size has taken up residence there!  The pygmy scouts barely escape with their lives!  1 pygmy scout is injured!  Blarg gets 2 FP.
5 Pygmy Workers finish construction of a Ziggurath to Nagas using 2 Crude Tools. 1 Labor added from Mathematics.  Amastay gets 3 FP!
5 Workers research Geometry.

Aglejo
1 seagull language speaker and 2 workers pray to Keerim, asking for guidance.
4 workers build a smelter at B6 using 4 crude tools.  The smelter is completed.  Amastay gets 2 FP.  Tellus gets 3 FP!  (I assume you're using bricks in place of stone.  I'll allow it.)
3 workers farm at B6 using 3 crude tools.  They get 14 food.
3 workers harvest at B6 using 3 crude tools.  They get 10 food.
2 workers forage for wood at B6 using 2 crude tools and 2 wooden carts and get 5 wood.
3 workers make bricks at B6.  They make 15 bricks.
1 worker researches Mathematics.  The tech is completed!
(subtracted 6 food and added 2 workers to correct mistake on turn 55)
The Whitewing spokesman and his guard depart.

The People
9 workers build a stone age orchard at H4 (1 labor added from mathematics).
3 workers hunt at H3 with 3 crude spears.  They get 6 food.
3 scouts explore H5 with 3 crude spears.  The exploration level goes up 27%.  They discover the Titangate!  It appears to have been dormant for centuries... up until a scout put his hand on it and it began to emit a droning hum!
1 worker farms at H4 with 1 crude tool and gets 4 food.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:28:07 am by Zazmio »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 14, 2018, 12:15:22 am »

Turn 56 continued

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all: