Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138736 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1635 on: August 09, 2018, 10:54:15 pm »

However, even though I didn't say so in the tech, I'm going to rule that you must have at least one worker building something to get the math bonus.  You can't start the construction and have it magically construct itself with no workers allocated.
Still, for 10 labor stuff, 1 turn of 6 workers vs 4 turns of 1 worker each is a huge difference when concerning multiple projects. 2 workers (tools assumed) saved up for other tasks, like research, etc.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 10, 2018, 06:40:58 am »

Dipnoi Republic

We came to the realization that Mathematics are a stronger tool than we expected!

3 Workers farm at I6 with 3 Crude Tools.
3 Workers farm at I7 with 3 Crude Tools.
3 Workers forage for Food at H7 with 3 Crude Tools.
3 Pygmy Scouts explore I6 with 3 Blowdarts. 
5 Pygmy Workers and 2 Workers finish construction of a Mud Bathhouse at I7. 1 Labor added from Mathematics.
2 Workers begin construction of a Ziggurath to Nagas at I6 using Mud instead of Wood. 1 Labor added from Mathematics.
1 Pygmy Worker is created using 3 Food.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:46:53 pm by Nakéen »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 10, 2018, 07:20:31 am »

Monks! I highly recommend you to learn the secrets of mathematics, it will help you immensely in all things... Also  I recommend that you research training prayers. A small prayer before your training tasks will likely aid your workers to be more disciplined and provide me the strength to further our agendas...

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 10, 2018, 07:28:16 am »

Monks! I highly recommend you to learn the secrets of mathematics, it will help you immensely in all things... Also  I recommend that you research training prayers. A small prayer before your training tasks will likely aid your workers to be more disciplined and provide me the strength to further our agendas...
Prayers are frankly inferior to proper meditation that helps both revere gods and understand universe around us

...And it was me that raised possibility of multi-project Mathematics. So... Recommening me it further is a bit pointless - I already want it  ;D
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 10, 2018, 08:17:31 am »

Cait Sith, once you research Shrines, would you build a shrine to me? Many thanks in advance.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 10, 2018, 10:23:21 am »

To be fair, creating shrines to our gods is the goal. They're just another building after all.

A blessing to this research would be nice however. This project is currently long-term, for our excess research in a day.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 10, 2018, 10:29:11 am »

To be fair, creating shrines to our gods is the goal. They're just another building after all.

A blessing to this research would be nice however. This project is currently long-term, for our excess research in a day.
After that, once I finish my cat thing, okay?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 10, 2018, 10:32:30 am »

Gladly. We're going to be doing Mathematics next turn.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 11, 2018, 07:29:22 am »

Turn 55 - The Bronze Age - Year of the Iguana

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Locations:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Worldly Events:
It's totally the Year of the Iguana.  Yeah.  Year of the Iguana, baby.

Godly actions of note:
Felius creates another Siamese cat at K1 for 1 FP.
Blarg creates the Big Yellow Wagon at G7 for 5 FP.  After that, he sits back and admires his work for a moment, cuz goddin' ain't easy.  Then Blarg explores tile G7 and raises the exploration level by 7%.
Mabel creates the Seeker's Compass at K1 for 5 FP.  Mabel's avatar explores F11, raising exploration by 10%.
Keerim walks towards the tower he spotted, raising the exploration by 4% on the way.  After some time, he arrives at a very large well designed and engineered stone tower painted in orange and black stripes.  The tower is surrounded by manicured flower gardens.  Daring sculpture that flirts with controversy and challenges the artistic conventions of the bronze age peppers the gardens.  By the front door of the tower is a rope that presumably tolls a bell when pulled; below that is a sign in Zebra script that says "No Solicitors."

Civilization actions:

Aglejo
1 seagull language speaker converses with the seagull spokesperson.
The Seagull spokesman is surprised when the Aglejo worker begins speaking his tongue.  Says he:  "How you have learned our language so quickly, I don't know.  This is most surprising.  Perhaps there is something to you primitive monkey folk after all.
"Well, now that we understand each other, allow me to introduce myself.  I am Lord Hee-Kaw of the Whitewing Empire!  I speak for Empress Kar-Ree, She Who Does Not Rest and Custodian of the World!  You backwater savages reside on territory that is claimed by Whitewing!  Our Most Generous Empress will allow you to live on Her floating islands.  Before, you were of no more concern to Her than a random flock of geese alighting here, or perhaps a termite mound that happened to exist here; but now that you show signs of intelligence, you will be required to pay tribute to the Empress.  We will return in 17 skitkawskees to collect what is due."  With that, he motions to his spearmen, and they begin preparations to leave.  Your worker does not know what a "skitkawskee" is.
  Keerim gets 2 FP!  Mabel gets 1 FP.
3 workers farm at B6 using 3 crude tools.  They get 13 food.
3 workers harvest at B6 using 3 crude tools.  They get 16 food.
3 workers construct a brick house at B6 using 2 crude tools.
2 workers forage for wood at B6 using 1 crude tool and 2 wooden carts.  They get 4 wood.
2 workers research Mathematics.
3 workers create 3 crude tools.

Hidden Monastery
3 workers with 3 crude tools and Sense of Discipline farm on J8 and get 8 food.  1 worker becomes disciplined.
3 workers with 3 crude tools forage food on K8 and get 8 food.
3 workers with 3 crude tools forage food on J8 and get 9 food.
3 workers (meditated) research Deep Meditation and the tech is complete!
1 master cobra-style martial artists learns discipline under Sifu San Gan Feng.  Sifu does not want to train more than one worker a turn.  2 disciplined workers instead forage for stone at I9 and get 5 stone.  1 worker messes around.  (Conditional orders are not allowed)  Disci gets 1 FP.
1 injured worker recuperates.
Create 1 worker with 3 food.

Drecthul Commonwealth
3 explorers explore C9.  The exploration level is raised to 50%.  The explorers determine they cannot explore this tile any further without boats because it's mostly a lake.  The tile is revealed to be a Mystical Lake.  Spending time here gives one an eerie feeling, but it's not clear what other effects there are.
3 workers farm at C9 with 3 crude tools and get 9 food.
2 workers hunt at C9 with 2 crude spears and get 4 food.
1 worker forages for ore at B9 with a crude tool.  The worker determines that there is some copper ore scattered on the surface.  The worker gets 2 copper ore.
2 workers research Mathematics.

Cait Sith
1 Philosopher Argues. With Discipline!!
1 worker with the Hoe of Discipline and 2 workers with crude tools farm K-2.  They get 12 food.  1 worker becomes disciplined.
3 workers with 3 spears fish at K-1.  They get 9 food.
1 Scout scouts J-1 for enemies.  Exploration level raised 4%.  The scout thinks he spots a black tower in the distance before it's lost in fog.
3 disciplined workers with 3 crude tools forage stone from K-2.  They get 4 stone.
3 workers, 1 with a crude tool, forage for wood at K-1.  They get 6 wood.
1 apprentice researches Shrines.

The People
3 scouts with 3 crude spears explore H5.  The exploration level goes up 19%.
3 workers research Mathematics.  The research is complete!
5 workers research Stone Tools.
5 workers research Stone Spears.

Delta Dwellers
2 workers reaserch cotton.  The tech is complete!
2 workers build a boat.
3 workers with 3 boats and 3 fishing nets fish at F7 and get 14 food.
1 worker with a spear fish at E8 and gets 4 food.
6 workers explore E8.  The exploration level goes up 30%.  The workers discover the Cairn of ApzuTallamon!

The Jotun Oligarchy
3 farmers using 3 crude tools Farm at the stone age farm at E4 and get 14 food.
1 workers using 1 crude tools and the artifact "divine dousing rod" Forage at B2 and gets nothing.  The dowsing rod points somewhere.
1 chief Reads the artifact "The Divine Cookbook".  The chief has found his true calling, and has transformed into a Chef!!  See tech section for details.
5 workers using 5 crude tools Upgrade the farm at E4 into a Giant Farm.  Amastay gets 3 FP!
3 workers Train to be farmers.
2 workers using 2 slings and 2 spears Hunt at C3 get absolutely nothing.  Barren wasteland stretches as far as they can see.
4 food is spent on the creation of a new worker.  Farsky gets 1 FP.  Mabel gets 1 FP.

Dipnoi Republic
3 Workers farm at I6 with 3 Crude Tools.  They get 8 food.
3 Workers farm at I7 with 3 Crude Tools.  They get 10 food.
3 Workers forage for Food at H7 with 3 Crude Tools.  They get 8 food.
3 Pygmy Scouts explore I6 with 3 Blowdarts.  Exploration goes up 18%.  Blarg gets 1 FP.
5 Pygmy Workers and 2 Workers finish construction of a Mud Bathhouse at I7. 1 Labor added from Mathematics.  Amastay gets 2 FP!  Blarg gets 1 FP.
2 Workers begin construction of a Ziggurath to Nagas at I6 using Mud instead of Wood. 1 Labor added from Mathematics.
1 Pygmy Worker is created using 3 Food.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:19:14 pm by Zazmio »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 11, 2018, 07:29:39 am »

Turn 55 continued

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:21:15 pm by Zazmio »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 11, 2018, 07:36:20 am »

You wrote the Cairn location in C8 and not E8
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 11, 2018, 07:46:01 am »

Drecthul Commonwealth

3 explorers explore C8
3 workers farm at C9 with 3 crude tools
3 workers hunt at C9 with 3 crude spears
2 workers research Mathematics

Also I think Mathematics should be at 2.5, not 2 progress.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 11, 2018, 08:11:55 am »

Felius creates an iguana (1 FP) on B9.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:56:40 am by KittyTac »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 11, 2018, 09:08:34 am »

"Ignana and mysterious towers. Is it a clue to Disco's Challenge? Well, regardless, We are in a position to advance. Watch over us Aeroith."

From an Apprentice of Magic

Cait Sith

1 worker with the Hoe of Discipline and 2 workers with crude tools farm at K-2.
1 Scout using the Seeker's Compass scouts at J-1.{Black Tower, watch out for enemies}
1 Disciplined Philosopher Argues, With True Discipline!!!
4 disciplined workers, 1 apprentice, and 5 workers research Mathematics.
(Sanitation is the likely overflow research)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 11, 2018, 10:48:25 am »

In the distance, Blarg can see a black and white striped spire, just like he saw in his dream/vision.
Is this the same place Keerim is or is it a different place?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 119