Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The bell tolls! How close the doomsday is?

2 turns.
- 1 (16.7%)
3 turns.
- 0 (0%)
4 turns.
- 0 (0%)
5 turns.
- 2 (33.3%)
6 turns and above.
- 0 (0%)
For whom the bell tolls?
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]  (Read 16407 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2018, 01:54:33 pm »

Ferro. He called himself Ferro. He痴 under some sort of silence curse.
"...Ferro..."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2018, 02:00:43 pm »

"That's what I meant to say." said Asher, embarrassed slightly.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2018, 03:44:28 pm »

Ferro coughs and grunts very loudly when Asher calls him "Ferri" (That almost sounded like a mockery!) and Sylvia mentions a "silence curse."

Oh, I sure hope someone can also cure my other curses. Like my ugliness curse, or my alcoholism curse. Yeah, those are definitively curses caused by dark magic and not, say, by completely mundane means and an unhealthy lifestyle...

As far as he knew, Ferro had his throat problems since forever. Or at least remembers that he almost never talked with anyone during his whole life. He could be wrong, though. His memory was quite foggy.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2018, 04:11:45 pm »

"I am honestly unsure if it is a curse," said Asher, "people who haven't talked in a long time may just have trouble talking, or he may just not talk much, but then again, I will defer to your suppier knowledge of the supernatural, I left my books on the subject with my horse. However, I do beleive that armor is a curse, otherwise I imagine he would have taken the helmet off to drink."

Ferri was a typo, but Glass just had to point it out IC...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:15:20 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2018, 08:20:30 am »

[1] Asher tried to clean himself off as well, but the blood resisted! For every single drop removed, four more popped up on him. Asher felt that there is something wrong, as if something ominous was growing upon him!

[5] Ferro lifted up the barrel again and started drinking. This time he did so more carefully and saved a lot of precious, golden liquid!

[1] Silvia pondered for a moment what kind of spell could've make someone's head explode. She checked her notes and found something curious, but she had to check if she was right using some of her materials for conducting rituals. She touched the body with some dried herbs, and a ray of energy shot out of it at her! Silvia accidentally casted the spell that killed that man on herself!

[1] Asher got to work examine the body, first looking over for anything unusual about the blood covering it. It seemed that it was just an ordinary blood. After noting everything down, he attempted to clean the body off blood. However, the this time it resisted again! Asher felt a slight headache...

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2018, 08:43:06 am »

Asher started praying and ran to get his holy water and prayer book. He also consumed some of the herb he had on him that induced blood clotting. "Deum de Deo, et de more patrum, dum oro ad te in tempore opus est custodire ab hoc pythonissam me, maledicti, ita ut ampliori tempore maneret servientes tu et opus vestrum ex portare," Asher prayed.

ARE YOU SHITTING ME!?! I would like to officially refer to this as the worst turn we have had, including undead hunt. 3/4 rolls are 1s.

Translation
God and the God of my forefathers, I pray to you in my time of need to protect me from this witch's curse, so I may spend more time serving you and carrying out your work.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:05:14 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2018, 08:52:58 am »

Shitshitshitshitshit work out the counterspell and try to cast it. Alternately, pray to the gods.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:13:28 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2018, 09:01:53 am »

Ferro decides to leave his precious barrel and move away from the pair about to have their heads blown up. It was highly improbable for him to be affected by the blood, considering that the armor covered his entire body. Still, better safe than sorry.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:12 am »

"The curse is spreading! Keep away from the blood!"
get away from the others, and check myself for any signs of blood splattered on me. If I find some, get something hot and try to burn it off me!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2018, 09:12:07 am »

Castel just blinks with a gaping mouth, seemingly in disbelief at what is happening. She quietly mutters to herself, before realizing the implications of what is happening. "What the fuck, was she planning on releasing some sort genocidal curse to kill half the population of Wickbreach? This... we... have to contain this... we weren't the only ones exposed..." Castel backs away from the others, knowing that she could do nothing to help them.

"I'm going to try and... stop others from leaving, to try and stop the spread here. I can't do anything here... you guys, stay alive?"

Leave the inn and try to stop anyone from leaving the area, explaining to them that they could potentially spread this curse to all of Wickbreach if they are affected, and would thus be responsible for countless deaths.

((FYI: If we end up with 3 party members dead and Castel survives, she probably will just leave after waiting a day or two so she can be reasonably certain she won't spread the curse. She's brave, but this is a bit absurd even for her.))
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2018, 11:36:13 am »

"Sorry lady, this'll sting a bit!"

Dose Silvia with coagulant darts in an attempt to slow the flow of blood to her head.

Also, you mentioned Asher twice. Is one of those 1s meant for me?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:38:42 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2018, 12:01:36 pm »

Also, you mentioned Asher twice. Is one of those 1s meant for me?

Nah, you haven't rolled for anythin! Asher had two bold actions this turn, while Shedden had none.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2018, 03:05:53 pm »

Thank you EP, you reminded me I have an herb that induces blood clotting.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2018, 03:39:46 pm »

Zamira, who has been eyeing this scene with a gradually increasing expression of panic growing on her face as it progressed, starts slowly sliding towards the door.

Sneak over to the front door, and then make a break for it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2018, 04:09:17 pm »

This RTD looks as though it is quickly falling apart at the seams. On the other hand, it would be interesting if the first part is simply trying to recover everyone to go on the journey after seeing this insanity.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15