Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The bell tolls! How close the doomsday is?

2 turns.
- 1 (16.7%)
3 turns.
- 0 (0%)
4 turns.
- 0 (0%)
5 turns.
- 2 (33.3%)
6 turns and above.
- 0 (0%)
For whom the bell tolls?
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]  (Read 16398 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2018, 11:44:44 pm »

"You know, big guy, you could get someone to put a cup beneath your helmet to catch some of the runoff, so you could drink it again." The pretty woman said, looking at the beer (presumably) dripping from Ferro's head.

She then looked around, and noticed the distinct lack of people near her besides the group.
"Wow, I wasn't aware half the people in this inn were spineless. I mean, it's not exactly like he was sick--unless there's some sickness that leads to heads exploding that I've never heard about--and half of us would have been exposed to his blood anyway... If we're going to die, we're all going to die, nothing running can do."

"Innkeeper, can I get some water in a bowl to wash myself with, or is there perhaps some source of water nearby where I could wash my face... and hat?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2018, 05:41:00 am »

"I think their running came more from the fact that they just saw an example of vastly evil magic that showed them that the witch had influence in this place." responded Asher, "that likely scared them more than the thought of getting sick." Asher cleaned himself off as well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:49:34 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2018, 06:15:47 am »

"Perhaps. It just astounds me why they would come this far and flinch at the last moment at the first sign of danger, is all: I can understand if half of them were farmers, but those are actually very rare out here. If they are adventurers like us seeking the witch, then why come this far just to flinch at the first sign of death rather than stick behind and learn the enemy's ways, when they may face these exact methods later? If they're merchants, why come all this way to a known hazardous route just to fall back at the first unusual death they see, rather than look around for adventurers they could hire to protect them and then decide whether to carry on? I guess nobody took the dangers seriously, and are all heading home now?" The pretty lady asked curiously.

"Also, by the way, you were a doctor right? I'm not very skilled in dealing with dead bodies, but just a suggestion: you may want to check the body for any further unusual things before he is dragged off. I mean the exploded head is the obvious unusual thing, but there might be something else on him that shows the effects of the witch's power?" The lady offered.

((PS: Glass might want to also check the body. And Enemy Post, for that matter! There are so many intellectual characters in the first group, my god.))
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2018, 06:25:44 am »

What's everyone talking about? I think it's pretty clear that the witch casted a spell to make his head explode... Althrough, it seems that she has increased her magic reach...

Ferro nods when that woman wearing a hat offers a mug. It would certainly help, but Ferro continues to drink directly from the barrel, but more carefully to save on beer.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2018, 06:55:41 am »

Start trying to identify what spell could have caused that explosion.

It's way too early for this...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2018, 07:08:32 am »

Asher got to work examine the body, first looking over for anything unusual about the blood covering it, and after noting anything down on the paper he had, washing the blood off to check the body underneath. After all, he had done some work as a coroner in his travels. "It is always too early for senseless violence and death," he said.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2018, 07:29:05 am »

"Oh, while it may be senseless to us, I'm sure that witch has created some arbitrary justification for the violence she is engaging in, that we'll no doubt hear her monologue about before we kill her. Murderers, bandits, and other assorted violent criminals always do. Or she could just be borderline insane. I suppose the simple answer could work too..." The pretty lady trails off.

"Oh, by the way, we've been talking for so long, I haven't even introduced myself. How poor manners from me, my stepmother would be ashamed." The pretty lady says with a bit of sarcasm. "So, hello, my name is Castel Veiimar, daughter of the adventuring, 'roguish' count Ferdinian Veiimar, at your service." Castel tips her hat. "What do you all go by?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2018, 08:04:19 am »

Ferro mumbles and point to the bloody footprints from the dead guy.

I think it would be wise to check where he came from. If his caravan was attacked by the witch, I bet she didn't even bother to loot it. Free stuff for the taking.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2018, 08:55:26 am »

I'm going to update both games either this evening or at the weekend.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2018, 10:35:51 am »

"Alvin Heksal, At your service Ms.Castel. Just a woodsman on the outskirts. I'm surprised that they didn't attack me at all, given how close my camp is to the border of the darkbog. Especially in light of such recent events.."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2018, 11:59:50 am »

"I'm Shedden, this is Denise. Nice to meet you, Ms. Veiimar."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2018, 12:35:12 pm »

"I beleive I already stated my name, patronage, and occupation, but in case someone missed it, I am Asher Argent, son of The Duke of Height's Keep, and a practicing doctor" Asher said.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2018, 01:18:18 pm »

*still collecting blood samples and scraps of hair* Sylvia Auric, student of the world’s magics and their methods.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2018, 01:31:39 pm »

Ferro coughs a little and continues to drink from the barrel. He didn't even try to speak, knowing it would only damage his throat even more. He would have liked to be able to introduce himself, but there wasn't really a lot to talk about and he never had the need to speak before.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2018, 01:51:01 pm »

Asher jerked his thumb to point it at Ferro. "That's Ferri, though he doesn't talk." he said.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15