Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 25657 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2018, 05:05:30 am »

Ponder on ways to fix the essay with magic, there were some lectures we remember:

Most magic works on the principle of entropy, that is, if you create entropy you can bullshit the universe into thinking your magic is legitimate physics.  That is why most mages blow stuff up and burn things down.  But if you create a lot of entropy elsewhere you can sometimes reduce it in a small area.  That is the reason the rest of mages cause seemingly random destruction. 

What that means is if you destroy some of your furniture or otherwise cause a mess maybe you can force the paper back together the way it use to be to balance the universal debit card or something.

Now was that really how magic works or was that from our pseudo-magic lecture on false magic explanations?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:07:17 am by VoidSlayer »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2018, 07:30:12 am »

implications of unlimited cake.
The only implication I can see is that somebodies gonna get diabeetus.

Some strange magic stuff has gone on in this room, as most of the shadows are brown for some reason.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2018, 08:59:51 am »

Some strange magic stuff has gone on in this room, as most of the shadows are brown for some reason.
Right, you forgot all about that.. But the essays need to come first, need to have them rated before.. when was it again?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2018, 07:55:28 pm »

You try to salvage what you can from the essays, seems like you may have to fail half the class yet again. Hopefully the principal won't take notice; hiding the body of the last one was quite annoying.

You pick up the shredded papers, examining the damage done, which is quite extensive. Several of the papers are all but unintelligible, missing large chunks of writing. The others are bruised but still readable with a degree of guesswork.

Perhaps there is a way to fix the essays with magic... you remember from some lectures that most magic works on the principle of entropy, that is, if you create entropy you can bullshit the universe into thinking your magic is legitimate physics. That is why most mages blow stuff up and burn things down. But if you create a lot of entropy elsewhere you can sometimes reduce it in a small area. That is the reason the rest of mages cause seemingly random destruction.

What that means is if you destroy some of your furniture or otherwise cause a mess maybe you can force the paper back together the way it use to be to balance the universal debit card or something.

Now was that really how magic works or was that from our pseudo-magic lecture on false magic explanations?...

...You briefly consider the logistics of hiding another principal's body and just how close to not-too-annoying it would be. The current one is a total butthead anyway... but nah, best not come to that just yet. Besides, this entropy-creating furniture-destroying debit card thing should work just fine! You're like, a professor in this stuff! What could go wrong!?

Now, which piece of furniture should you blow up to fix these essays?... hmm... Lord Woodenheim the fifth has been getting on your nerves lately, and is far too loud and bossy for a chair. And then there's that highly suspicious chair, who is acting all too much like a chair. Or perhaps one of the furnitures in this room could do as well. Decisions, decisions.

As you survey the furniture in the room, you notice that, oddly, most of the shadows in the room are brown. Some strange magic seems to have gone on in this room... *gasp*

Shadow magic.

You then remember something you had forgotten all about!... but the essays need to come first. You need to have them rated before... when was it again? Oh right, tomorrow morning!? Yikes. Better decide fast which piece of furniture will be your explosive payment. Or perhaps causing a different kind of mess may be an easier way to balance the universe? You try not to think about the other option of simply failing half the class and then 'dealing' with the principal afterwards, perhaps by giving him diabeetus...

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

> Optional: What class are these essays for? What class(es) do you teach?

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2018, 02:11:31 am »

The noisy one has to go. Do it swiftly and mercilessly.
Make an example out of him to put the others in line.
Just like what you always done to delinquent students.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2018, 02:36:17 am »

The noisy one has to go. Do it swiftly and mercilessly.
Make an example out of him to put the others in line.
Just like what you always done to delinquent students.

In general, destroy all furniture not willing to announce their loyalty to you
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2018, 05:02:45 am »

The class we teach is, Advanced death magic for beginners.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2018, 10:38:09 am »

Actually.. If you go back a few pages, what we teach has already been established.

You have been a teacher of the Arcane Arts (General Arcane Studies) for almost four years now.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2018, 10:51:26 am »

Actually.. If you go back a few pages, what we teach has already been established.

You have been a teacher of the Arcane Arts (General Arcane Studies) for almost four years now.
That's just the faculty, Advanced death magic for beginners is the specific course.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2018, 06:08:38 am »

That's just the faculty, Advanced death magic for beginners is the specific course.
It could be what we're teaching this semester.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2018, 10:52:08 pm »

Oops, I forgot about that... ^^;

It could be what we're teaching this semester.
Ditto~
Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2018, 03:21:15 am »

But wouldn't Advanced Death Magic be reserved for.. you know..  the necromancer classes? Taught by actual necromancer teachers?
Why let a teacher of General Arcanae Students be teaching that of all things? Is the principal and the school board behind this?
Can't be bothered to pay actual necromancers to teach and just let the least paid teachers do it instead?

Maybe we should consider quitting this teaching gig.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:29:57 am by Ultimuh »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2018, 05:59:10 am »

But if we quit how will we get our "Recreational substances"?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2018, 08:38:48 am »

But if we quit how will we get our "Recreational substances"?
You mean alcohol? That might be an issue, yes..
We could become an adventurer. Sure that's a somewhat dangerous career that might not be economically stable.

But at least that beats what we get from teaching.
And we are a well experienced wizardess, we would do fine with dungeon delving.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:40:23 am by Ultimuh »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2018, 01:57:20 pm »

You decide that the noisy chair has to go.

Picking up the essays, you march back into the living room, heading straight towards Lord Woodenheim with merciless determination. You shall make an example out of him to put the others in line. Just like what you always done to delinquent students.

"What has gotten into you, wizard!?" Lord Woodenheim stammers as you take hold of him by the crest rail. "Need I remind you who is master of the household!? Unhand me at once!"

Now, how does this work again? You ponder for a moment as the hapless chair wiggles in your unyielding grasp. Ah yes, an entropic binding spell should do.

You place the essays on the table and take out your wand as you begin to prepare the ritual, magically binding Lord Woodenheim to the desecrated essays.

"S-sir Oakenbord of the Four Legs, aid me immediately! You must obey your lord! Together we can dethrone the wizard and rule this place together!"

As the chair to the north looks slyly at its distressed cohort, you take the chance to root out any and all furnitures who may be tending towards dissidence.

"All of you, listen up! Either announce your loyalty to me, or join Lord Woodenheim in utter annihilation!" You yell to the other furnitures, your voice ringing with ruthless ferocity. "If you wish to live, make your fealty known, now!"

After a few short seconds of what seemed like gloating, the northern chair Sir Oakenbord quickly announces his allegiance to you. "I am with you, Master Jess, one hundred percent. Strike down this villainous cur for all to see!"

"What!? You scheming son of a log!" screams a desperate and struggling Lord Woodenheim.

"Anyone else!? Declare your allegiance now, or pay the wooden price!" You narrow your eyes at the suspicious chair under the table, who has kept its quiet for too long now.

The seemingly inanimate creature soon hops to life, knowing of its dire situation. "Err--y-yes, I-I am with you as well! May the, uh, the chair god, b-bless you! On your, uh, y-your wizardly throne!" It squeaks in a strange voice. You narrow your eyes some more, still a bit suspicious of its odd behavior, but satisfied by its response.

The table soon announces its allegiance to you as well. "Oh yeah me too I'm with you too."

"Looks like it's just going to be you, Lord Woodenheim." You look to the angry panicced chair in your grasp. "It's time... to meet your Maker!"

In a swift motion, you throw Lord Woodenheim to the floor, and, pointing your wand at him, utter the final words that the chair would hear.

"Entropicatus decicras!"
"N-NOO--!"

*FROOM!*

In an instant, the fallen chair bursts into a firework of sparks and ashes. The shiny little particles float around the room for a bit before gathering near the essays, soon becoming a part of the papers as the missing sections are restored. Several moments later, nothing remained of the loudmouthed chair, and the essays had returned to their previous, unmauled condition.

So I guess that is how magic really works. You let out a sigh of relief and of a job well done.

You soon take a glance at the reassembled essays; they are for the new course that you are teaching this semester, 'Advanced Death Magic for Beginners', which is part of the General Arcane Studies faculty.

You ponder the reason why such a class wouldn't be reserved for students of necromancy, and why the school would let a teacher of General Arcane Studies be teaching that of all things. Is the principal and the school board behind this? They can't be bothered to pay actual necromancers to teach and just let the least paid teachers do it instead?

You consider quitting this teaching gig... but if you quit, how would you get your 'recreational substances'? Alcohol doesn't just grow on trees!

...Maybe you could become an adventurer? Sure that's a somewhat dangerous career that might not be economically stable. But at least that beats what you get from teaching. And you are a well experienced wizardess, you would do fine with dungeon delving.

You continue to ponder the possibilities of a career change as you absent-mindedly read and grade the papers written by freshman wizards, many of them part of the local gangs no doubt, expressing their avid curiosity and interest in mastering advanced death magic.

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

> Optional: Do you have any previous experience with adventuring and dungeon-delving? Are there any places in particular you'd like to go adventuring to?
> Optional: Who/what is the chair mimic, and what are they doing here?

Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22