Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 25632 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2018, 03:00:07 pm »

First of all, tomorrow you need to buy a new chair
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2018, 04:34:33 pm »

You have done some adventurering when you were younger, long before you became a teacher.
And you did it quite well together with some other youngster adventurers. Old childhood friends.

That was before your father sent you to that all-girls boarding school. Those were the worst years of your life.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:01:43 pm by Ultimuh »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2018, 05:02:52 pm »

You have done some adventurering when you were younger, long before you became a teacher.
And you it rather did well together with some other youngster adventurers. Old childhood friends.

That was before your father sent you to that all-girls boarding school. Those were the worst years of your life.

Something in the ages doesn't add up, unless we were pre-teen doing adventuring
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2018, 06:00:54 pm »

And you it rather did well together with some other youngster adventurers. Old childhood friends.

Something in the ages doesn't add up, unless we were pre-teen doing adventuring
I meant something along those lines, yes.

I mean, if pre-teens in anime and jrpgs can do some adventuring, so can Jess.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:03:26 pm by Ultimuh »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2018, 04:49:47 am »

> Optional: Who/what is the chair mimic, and what are they doing here?
That thing came from a thrift store that one of the wizard gangs were using as a front for their drug ring.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2018, 05:54:41 pm »

You briefly reminisce about the good times you had adventuring when you were younger, long before you became a teacher. You did it quite well together with some other youngster adventurers, old childhood friends of yours.

That was before your father sent you to that all-girl boarding school. Those were the worst years of your life.

You sigh, still unsure about your current career situation. But in any case, you need to go buy a new chair tomorrow. As you finish grading the papers and feeling a bit woozy from the alcohol, you decide to head to bed.

Jess...

Huh?

Help me, Jess...

What? Who...

I'm in trouble... caught in the Spider's web...

I... I don't...

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!!—

You awaken with a startle. What a weird dream that was. You could have sworn that was the voice of Kalli, one of your childhood adventuring friends. You haven't seen her for years; last you remember her was back in Baileywick, before you were sent off to the boarding school. How strange to have such a vivid dream about her now. Is she still in touch with Alfric and the others, you wonder?

Mr. Fluffytails meows at you from atop the desk.

You remember that Kalli used to be really into dragons. So what's this about a spider's web?...
Anyway, it's just a dream, right? How would you even go about finding her, much less helping her?...

Mr. Fluffytails meows at you again, then scuttles off the desk and out of the room.

Feeling a bit hung over, you sluggishly crawl out of bed and get dressed, trying to forget about that weird dream. Heading into the living room, you have some cake for breakfast.

Looking at your watch, there are still a few hours before your class starts. Good time to go buy that new chair. You decide to go to that neat little thrift shop nearby that you sometimes frequent for furniture and other household goods.

As you enter the shop, you notice a few of the store clerks feverishly whispering amongst themselves near the counter. Noticing your arrival, they soon halt their secretive chattering, hastily correcting themselves.

One of them shoots an alarming glance at you before briskly walking off to the back of the shop. Another nods at you in greeting, wearing a slightly creepy smile. Why do you come here to shop again?...

Oh right, because of the excellent wares! You start looking around, browsing the various chairs and other goods displayed around the shop.

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2018, 06:44:53 pm »

That clerk by the counter seem to be hastily hiding something under the counter.
But that's none of your business, you are here for a new chair.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2018, 02:14:58 am »

We should probably choose a talking chair now instead of them start talking in because of us, so we can choose their personality better, we need one that loyal and like pets

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 20, 2018, 05:01:09 am »

Then several homeless people come in and start whispering to one of the clerks and pass something to him then he gives them something in return, with that finished the homeless people leave.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2018, 05:37:22 am »

Then several homeless people come in and start whispering to one of the clerks and pass something to him then he gives them something in return, with that finished the homeless people leave.
Did the clerk gave them the shades of one of the men from the bar yesterday? No it's probably just me being paranoid.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2018, 10:36:49 am »

Looking around the store, you notice the clerk by the counter seems to be hastily hiding something under the counter. These guys are always acting so sketchy... But that's none of your business, you are here for a new chair.

You begin browsing the furniture section, deciding that you should probably choose an already-talking chair instead of one that starts talking later because of an experiment or whatnot. This way you can better choose their personality, as you need one that is loyal and likes pets.

Surveying the stock, you begin interviewing the chairs to find the ideal candidate.

"Hello chairs! I am here to buy one of you and take you back to my home. I am looking for one that will fit my requirements. First off, do any of you talk?"

"Oh, I do!" The red one says eagerly.
"Yeah, sure." Says the blue one.

"Alright, let's start with you." You nod to the red one. "How loyal would you say you are?"

"Oh I'm real loyal! My previous owner used to be the leader of the baddest wizard gang around! I mean, before he was, um, 'removed' from his position by rival gangs. But I never betrayed him, not even once! I even gave him back massages!"

"Hmm, I see. And how are you with pets?"

"Oh I'm real good with pets! My previous owner used to keep quite a few pet humans around the house before sacrificing them for some dark nefarious ritual. It was always a hoot!"

"Hmm, okay. You seem fairly experienced, I'll get back to you. Next, you." You walk towards the blue chair.

Meanwhile, several homeless people enter the store and start whispering to one of the clerks. They each pass something to the clerk, who then gives them something in return...

You raise an eyebrow. This town seems to have a serious homeless problem. And what are they doing at a thrift store, anyway?...

As they continue their exchange, you catch a glimpse of the clerk giving one of them what looked like a particular pair of shades. Wait, was that the same pair of shades that belonged to one of the hooligans from the bar yesterday?... No, it's gotta be just me being paranoid...

With the homeless people finished with whatever 'business' they had with the clerk, they begin leaving the store. You soon return to the interview process, turning to the blue chair.

"Ehem, so, how loyal would you say you are?"
"Eh, pretty loyal."
"Pretty loyal?"
"Yeah, what's it to you? You wanna go? You think you can afford me? You can't afford half my cushion!"
"Umm, okay... so, do you like pets?"
"Nah, man, I hate those things! You put me in a house with pets and I might have to go lumberjack on your ass!"
"Err, okay... well, that's all for the interviews."

You deliberate between the candidates and soon come to a decision.

"You." You point to the red one.
"Yay!" It hops in glee.

You pick up the chair and walk to the counter to make the purchase.

"Ah, excellent choice. That'll be 40 gold pieces, please."

You make the payment, happy with your new chair. You then leave the store, bumping into another homeless person on your way out.

Okay, time to head home. Nice thing about these sapient chairs is that you don't have to carry them, they can wobble around all by themselves, albeit a little slowly.

On your way home, you see one of the hobos in the thrift store earlier, the one who received the shades from the clerk, entering the cultic temple.

Huh, isn't that gang territory?... Well, whatever, still not really your business.

And you're back! You place your newly bought chair where Lord Woodenheim used to be as your other furnitures look with wonderment and intrigue at the new arrival.

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2018, 11:05:18 am »

Probably time to finish grading those papers.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2018, 03:41:29 pm »

You decide that it's probably time to finish grading those papers. You take them out and begin grading them, sitting down on your new chair.

Let's see...

"The study of death magic goes back to ancient times. Most recently it was popularized by the tyrant wizardking Nyxion several centuries ago, who forced the art of necromancy to be practiced throughout the kingdoms, banning many other arts like Otterball and Ant-wrestling. Although many resisted Nyxion's rule, more fell under it, until he was ultimately banished from the realms by the Otterball Preservation League. To this day, death magic remains a highly controversial though lucrative study taught in many magical universities around the world."

Okay buddy, this isn't a history class. *F*

"Hello teacher, I think you're really cool! I'm so thrilled to be in this class, can't wait to learn advanced death magic! Also I like your hair!"

Aww, what a wonderfully written essay! *A+*

"HEY TEACHER, YOU SUCK!"

What!? How dare they! Maybe it's time to really teach 'em a little advanced death magic! ...But there's no name on the essay... damnit! How are we supposed to punish this wretched miscreant if we don't know who they are!?

You growl in hapless displeasure, putting aside that essay for now and moving on to the next one.

"Hi teacher, do you want to get some coffee some time? Let me know. ~Rex"

Um, yeah... this is a class, not a date meetup. *C*

"Blossoming decay in the night... two little birdies falling off a branch into the spiraling ground... down, down, and gone. Like an amaranthine flash the world's eyes will open and tears of blood will drip upwards into the earth as my Dark Lord awakens to feast on their silent cries and bathe--"

*Yawn* Some students make death magic seem as boring as math magic. Although, it seems a bit troubling, the peculiar nature of the essay, and the fact that it seems to have been written in blood.

You shrug, continuing on to the remaining few essays...

And, done!

Time to go to class, or is there anything else to do beforehand?

> Optional: Do you have any idea which student wrote the rude essay?
> Optional: Was there anything else peculiar about any of the essays?

Ear teeth

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2018, 04:01:30 pm »

Easy way to find out, we put that paper at the bottom so it would be easier to see who picked it up, and oddly enough, a bunch of students wrote in their essays a translation of an abscure prophesy, something about a spider ruling a nation with no land, each wrote a couple of sentences but together they wrote the entire thing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 24, 2018, 09:49:11 am »

The essay was probably written by that guy that had the accident that turned him in to a zebra, it apparently also made him an ass as well.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22