Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 25617 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #225 on: December 24, 2018, 10:42:41 am »

The essay was probably written by that guy that had the accident that turned him in to a zebra, it apparently also made him an ass as well.
An assbra, if you will.. or would that be a zass?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2019, 10:11:25 pm »

Looking over the papers again as you get ready for class, you notice that oddly enough, a bunch of students wrote in their essays a translation of an obscure prophesy, something about a spider ruling a nation with no land. Each wrote a couple of sentences but together they wrote the entire thing.

Spider... surely this doesn't have anything to do with that weird dream I had of Kalli?... no, that's just absurd.

You pick up the rude essay you had set aside, glancing over it with agitated suspicion, and decide to put it at the bottom of the stack so it would be easier to see who picks it up. It was probably that guy that had the accident that turned him into a zebra; apparently it also made him an ass as well. An assbra, if you will.. or would that be a zass?

Anyway, you put the stack of essays in your bag and leave for the university.

Passing by the abandoned factory and the wizard gang houses, you head towards Bumbleton, entering through the gates onto campus.

You arrive at the classroom on time, a few minutes before class starts. A few of the students are already there, with others just arriving.

In the front row is the wide-eyed, always enthusiastic and on-time Mary Maples, whose innocent and cheerful disposition seems somewhat unfitting for a student of Advanced Death Magic for Beginners. You figure that she's probably just morbidly curious or something.

Behind Mary, all the way in the back corner is Staavin, a lonesome aloof kid who can often be seen staring out the window at nothing in particular. You wonder if he's always been like this, or if he was perhaps affected in some way by the recent gang activity.

Entering the classroom now are four students, similarly dressed in black and green and seemingly moving in syncronicity: Jeanie Ethyls, Xozoik Gremugra, Ni Um, and John Doe. Rarely seen associating with other students, these four seem to have cliquecraft down to an art. It's no wonder their essays were also so cryptically in sync with one anothers.

Following them in soon afterwards is Rex Frenwick, a particularly obnoxious student who is rather adamant about pursuing a romantic relationship with you, his teacher. Even after notifying him several times of his inappropriate mindset, he still doesn't seem to get it, as he winks at you, taking his seat. You sigh, rolling your eyes.

Several more students soon enter, one of which is Cyro Pognerth, always grumpy and full of attitude ever since that incident where he was turned into a zebra. Sure, equid-transmogrification potions look a little bit like the beverages served at the school cafeteria, but there is an obvious difference in hue, of which you are sure Cyro is now quite aware of. He glares at you as he passes your desk.

As the last of the students arrive, the class looks nearly complete, and the day's lessons can begin.

You first have the students come up to the table to pick up their essays. A few of them groan in complaint, not wanting to move from their desks. However, they become quite a bit more motivated when you threaten to give them a visit to the 'timeout box'. Kids these days need proper discipline, and extreme petrifying fear is just the tool to teach them to behave like the wretched subordinates they are.

You watch with contempt as the lazy cretins fetch their essays. One by one the essays are retrieved, until there is just one left: the bottom-most one you had intentionally put there. And there is just one student without an essay standing before you: Cyro Pognerth.

Cyro looks at you with the same amount of disdain with which you look at him and the other students. He then picks up the last essay and glances at it for a long moment.

He then glances at you, and finally takes the essay, proudly turning away to return to his seat. Checkmate, Mr. Culprit.

Although, you aren't really sure what to do about this brazen insubordination. Typically, a good ol' series of severe punishments would do the job. But Cyro seems like he's past that point of caring. Maybe you should just let this one slide? The thought of allowing disobedience to go unpunished doesn't quite sit well with you, though.

Anyway, on to the lesson plan for the day...

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2019, 08:57:07 am »

Right as we're about to start the lesson a man comes into the room with a box of chocolate puppies, and he starts asking people if they want to buy some of his living chocolate puppies, there a strange wizard made candy that's alive yet still edible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2019, 11:13:34 am »

Right as we're about to start the lesson a man comes into the room with a box of chocolate puppies, and he starts asking people if they want to buy some of his living chocolate puppies, there a strange wizard made candy that's alive yet still edible.

Oh no, this guy again, whom did the same shit last semester!
Didn't the University security guards deal with him back then?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:16:21 am by Ultimuh »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2019, 05:37:13 am »

Right as you're about to start the lesson, a man comes into the room, asking people if they want to buy some of his living chocolate puppies, a strange wizard-made candy that's alive yet still edible.

Candy Salesman: "Hey everybody! Who wants to buy some living chocolate puppies?? They're on sale today, two boxes for just 15 gold!"

Oh no, this guy again, whom did the same shit last semester! Didn't the University security guards deal with him back then?

You cross your arms in disapproval as the class welcomes the disruption, flocking towards the candy salesman.

"OMG, I love chocolate puppies!" screams an emphatically excited student.
   "Eight boxes please!" screams another.
   Even the grouchy Cyro seems somewhat entertained by the bouncing chocolate animals as he joins the sales fray.
   Only Staavin still remains in his seat, disinterested as always as the rest of the classroom devolves into chaotic chatter.

"Alright, that's enough!!" You yell at the frenzied shoppers, attempting to quell the disturbance. "Ehem!!!!"

The noise soon settles a bit as the students become conflicted between their fervent desire for chocolate puppies and their indomitable fear of you.

You turn to the candy salesperson.

"...You! I remember you from last semester! I thought security had gotten rid of you, but it seems you've snuck in again to disrupt yet another class of mine!"

"Ah, hello Jess! Yes, well, the principal of the school just happens to be an ardent fan of chocolate puppies! And who could blame him, they're so adorably delicious! Isn't that right, students!?"

The students cheer at the mention of chocolate puppies, but their enthusiasm is soon tapered by the sight of your disapproving grimace.

"Well, the students were just about to start their class! So if you don't mind, take your business elsewhere! Or do I need to call security again?!"

"Eheh, there's no need for that. I'm about done here, anyway. See you next time, Jess, and much thanks for another bountiful room of customers you have provided for me!"

The candy salesman takes his leave as you growl in frustration at the flippant display of capitalistic opportunism. You consider calling security anyway, but you're not sure it would even accomplish anything. So you just take a deep breath, trying to forget about it and get on with class.

Before you can get started, Rex shows up in front of your desk, placing a box of chocolate puppies there and winking, mouthing the words "For you~" as he returns to his desk.

You sigh again.

Okay, is it finally time to begin the lesson?

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2019, 07:46:22 am »

Its time to start the lesson, with out further interruptions.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2019, 02:09:32 pm »

You know what? You have been too nice for too long now.
Maybe it's time to let your students know that it is time to either shape up, or fail. For real this time.

Make this remaining semester as tough on your students as humanly possible.
If the principal disapprove, you don't care anymore. He can fire you if he want.
Your students might hate you for it (more than they do now), but it will make them better magic users later in life.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2019, 06:55:20 pm »

Immediately after the threat-speech about "learn your death magic or DIE TO IT," the wall the teacher was facing explodes with fire.
"A fine presentation, Alhrua, but a bit too much... Destruction." the Pyromancy teacher of the next classroom over sighs. Through the hole is a red and orange haired mage holding a bow of fire. She bows in apology, then realizes just whose classroom she broke and freezes in said apologetic bow.
"You choose what to do with her, she's always been a loose cannon," the teacher calls from the other class, afraid to even see the Death Magic teacher's face right now.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:57:47 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2019, 12:58:39 am »

Immediately after the threat-speech about "learn your death magic or DIE TO IT," the wall the teacher was facing explodes with fire.
"A fine presentation, Alhrua, but a bit too much... Destruction." the Pyromancy teacher of the next classroom over sighs. Through the hole is a red and orange haired mage holding a bow of fire. She bows in apology, then realizes just whose classroom she broke and freezes in said apologetic bow.
"You choose what to do with her, she's always been a loose cannon," the teacher calls from the other class, afraid to even see the Death Magic teacher's face right now.
For a good damn reason as the red and orange haired mage collapse in the most painful death that could be done on the spot, someone will revive her, maybe.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2019, 10:21:31 pm »

It's time to start the lesson, without further interruptions.

Also, you know what? You have been too nice for too long now. Maybe it's time to let your students know that it is time to either shape up, or fail. For real this time.

You decide to make this remaining semester as tough on your students as humanly possible. If the principal disapproves, you don't care anymore. He can fire you if he wants. Your students might hate you for it (more than they do now), but it will make them better magic users later in life.

"Your essays..." you begin, "...frankly, they were pathetic. My sentient chairs could have written better essays."

"In fact, just thinking about the essays now and how terrible they were, I have decided to change all your grades. Whatever grade I gave you, it's now one letter grade lower. And if you got an F, it's now a G. Which stands for Godawful."

"And furthermore, based on this pitiful performance and a clear need for improvement, there will now be daily homework assignments as well as weekly exams."

A few of the students moan in complaint.

"Oh, you have a problem with that now, do you? Well, allow me to send you where you can complain all you want!" You stand up, pointing at the complainers, whose expressions immediately change from slight upset to complete terror as you snap your fingers, causing them to become frozen in time. The other students look around at them nervously, afraid to say or do anything.

You let out a sigh of disappointment. "When are you guys going to step it up? I guide you, I lecture you, I time-freeze you, but you're still as lazy and ignorant as ever!"

You slowly shake your head in judgment. "You had all better start taking your studies much more seriously, for I will no longer tolerate such miserable incompetence in my class! You will learn your death magic or DIE TO IT!"

Just then, the wall in front of you suddenly explodes with fire!

For a good damn reason, the red and orange haired mage then collapses in the most painful death that could be done on the spot as your eyes flash with wrathful rage, your hand out in front of you in a deadly magical posture.

Students in both classrooms as well as the Pyromancy teacher gape at the scene in silent shock and awe as you lower the hand that dealt the deathly blow. You then turn to your students.

"Now's your chance to prove that you are above the rest of your sorry class. Revive this mage, and you may perhaps have what it takes to survive until the end of the semester."

Most of the students remain uncomfortably in their seats, likely afraid of a worse fate should they fail the resurrection. The four students of the spooky clique glance at one another, seemingly more smug than the rest of the students, and one of them soon rises with a confident smile on her face. Jeanie Ethyls then slowly walks towards the other classroom, a deviously necrotic glimmer in her eyes as she looks toward the body on the ground.

However, another student then speaks up, suddenly getting in front of Jeanie. "I'll do it." says Staavin. You raise your eyebrows in surprise, as this has to be one of the only times you've ever heard the abnormally quiet student speak.

Jeanie pouts in disagreement as she crosses her arms, watching helplessly as Staavin makes his way into the other room and begins to cast a resurrection spell on the downed mage.

Everyone watches in wonder as a dance of light and dark emerges all around the room, concentrating around the red and orange haired figure on the ground. A revitalizing aura soon begins to fade in, and several moments later, a sudden gasp of life comes to the recently dead mage, as Alhrua takes her first breath after coming back from the darkness beyond.

The revived mage coughs as she looks around with utter confusion. "W-what happened?..."

Staavin crouches next to her, helping her up. "You died." He says nonchalantly. "But now you're back."

Meanwhile, you watch the resurrection with intrigue, somewhat impressed with the display of necromantic prowess.

Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2019, 11:53:12 pm »

This is what Death Magic, is about.
Death is after all a natural part of life.
To study death is to study life itself, the whole Necromantic aspects of it is merely a small fraction of it.

you don't mention this to your students of course, they should know this by now, as it was part of the introductory course.
You merely give a smug smile of approval.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2019, 06:23:44 am »

Suddenly the guy that sells the chocolate puppies comes through the door for the Pyromancy class room, and we decide that we have seen enough of him and his weird candy, so we kill him.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2019, 03:30:43 am »

This is what Death Magic, is about.
   Death is after all a natural part of life.
   To study death is to study life itself, the whole Necromantic aspects of it is merely a small fraction of it.

You don't mention this to your students of course, they should know this by now, as it was part of the introductory course.
   You merely give a smug smile of approval.

Staavin quietly nods at you, as the revived pyromancy student continues looking around with bewilderment, still trying to make sense of what happened.

Suddenly the guy that sells the chocolate puppies comes through the door for the Pyromancy class room.
   "Hey everybody! Who wants to buy some living chocolate puppies!?"

He then immediately collapses to his death, as you decide that you have seen enough of him and his weird candy.

Not going to be any resurrection this time.

To be continued...

Who will the main character be for the next chapter?

(Choose any existing character that isn't the current main character, or create a new character from below.)
(Optional: Feel free to include some description of the character's recent history/current situation.)

Brief list of existing characters:

Sir Pent
Drascomi
Gammy Sommers
Fiona Quarrel
Alfric Grimwine

New Character Creation:

You are ________ (name), ________ (title/profession) from ________ (place).
Additional character info/history: ________________ (custom/optional).

(Custom sprites for a character may be requested as well, just include a simple description)

Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2019, 03:41:42 am »

B 4

You are Myrtle Jenkins, Just an old retired seamstress from the capital city of the empire.
Additional character info/history:

She goes by Old Granny Jenkins. She's in her late 80ies.
But that's just a ruse, she's really a masterful veteran assassin.
She is a bit on the elderly side, but still very capable of killing people.
She still has a sharp wit, but often pretends to be senile when it suits her.
Among other assassins, she goes by the codename Silver Strand (It used to be Ebony Strand at one time, but that changed when her hair turned grey.).
Today, she's just going for her daily shopping round for groceries.

She's a world weary old woman who have literally been everywhere, due to her profession of course.
Never got married and no kids or grankids whatsoever. Her career always got in the way of that.
Despite all this, she never regretted her life decisions.

All the tools of her trade are cleverly hidden in various places of her home.
But she always carries her trusty hidden mini-crossbow at her wrist, and two very deadly knitting needles in her hair.

Edit: Some slight changes, and added a comma or two.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:21:21 am by Ultimuh »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2019, 04:12:25 am »

B 4

You are Myrtle Jenkins, Just an old retired seamstress from the capital city of the empire.
Additional character info/history:

She goes by Old Granny Jenkins. She's in her late 80ies.
But that's just a ruse, she's really a masterful veteran assassin.
She is a bit on the elderly side, but still very capable of killing people.
She still has a sharp wit but often pretends to be senile when it suits her.
Among other assassins, she goes by the codename Silver Strand (It used to be Black Strand at one time, but that changed when her hair turned grey.).
Today, she's just going for her daily shopping round for groceries.

She's a world weary old woman who have literally been everywhere, due to her profession of course.
Never got married and no kids or grankids whatsoever. Her career always got in the way of that.
Despite all this, she never regretted her life decisions.

All the tools of her trade are cleverly hidden in various places of her home.
But she always carries her trusty hidden mini-crossbow at her wrist, and two very deadly knitting needles in her hair.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22