Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 25648 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2018, 08:44:19 am »

This used to be quite a nice neighbourhood back in the day when the university was founded. But that way long before your time.
Yes, back then the cultic temple had human sacrifices and chowder every Thursday, and the factory employed half the town and produced as many as a hundred jade sacrificial daggers every day. Except Thursday, obviously. Thursday was chowder day.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2018, 09:06:31 am »

And it's right across the street from the old cultic temple with the outdoor pool of human blood.[/b]
The pool of blood doesn't need to be of humens, or outdoor, but now it's belong to the city and no one is willing yo pay for covering it or replacing the old blood
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2018, 09:20:09 am »

And it's right across the street from the old cultic temple with the outdoor pool of human blood.[/b]
The pool of blood doesn't need to be of humens, or outdoor, but now it's belong to the city and no one is willing yo pay for covering it or replacing the old blood
But it is open to community residents in summer.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2018, 10:35:29 am »

But it is open to community residents in summer.
Although now that you think about it.. No one has ever been going there ever since that gang of thugs moved in a couple of months ago.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2018, 03:56:18 am »

The "hobo" soon exits from the washroom, turning to the bartender with a slightly curious expression.
"Did you see a..." He stops mid-sentence, realizing it was probably irrelevant. "Er, never mind."

"Oh and uh, I ran into a couple of... accidents, in the washroom. Might need a little fixing up."
He then hurriedly exits the pub, briefly meeting you outside.

"S'cuse me, ma'am." He nods at you and promptly heads down the street in the opposite direction of where the stranger went.

*beep beep* *beep beep*

Your magic watch suddenly starts beeping! You remember it was a reminder for something back at home, but in your drunken state can't recall exactly what it was. An experiment of some sort?... In any case, it seems like time to head back.

You start walking towards your house, which is a little ways across town, past a poverty-stricken industrial area where Bumbleton Arcane University can be seen in its midst, next to an abandoned factory.

Surrounding Bumbleton are the houses of wizard gangsters, and across the street from the university is an old cultic temple with an outdoor pool of human blood.

You heard that the neighborhood was actually quite nice back in the day when the university was founded. The cultic temple had human sacrifices and chowder every Bluusday, and the factory employed half the town and produced as many as a hundred jade sacrificial daggers every day. Except Bluusday, of course, which was chowder day. But alas, that was long before your time. Since then, productivity has drastically declined, and the pool of blood has become mostly neglected, the town's citizens unwilling to pay for maintaining it or replacing the old blood. However, it is open to community residents in the summer. Although, now that you think about it, no one has been going there ever since that new gang of thugs moved in a couple of months ago.

Making your way past the industrial zone, you soon reach your house, entering through the front door.

Home sweet home... literally! The aroma of fresh pastries jogs your memory as you remember the magical experiment you had been conducting, which had now reached completion, and soon, cake will be able to be mass produced!

You excitedly approach your worktable, examining the results of the experiment...

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2018, 05:27:26 am »

Examine the experiment and taste the result!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2018, 06:10:54 am »

By the way, your familiar seem to be missing, he usually tend to greet you by the door. Perhaps he is in one of the other rooms.
Being 1/3rd cat, he usually tend to sit at the most inconvenient of places at the most inconvenient of times.

(By 1/3rd I mean as a species, the other two parts I'll leave up to the other posters.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 06:12:32 am by Ultimuh »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2018, 06:24:48 am »

Being 1/3rd cat, he usually tend to sit at the most inconvenient of places at the most inconvenient of times.
(By 1/3rd I mean as a species, the other two parts I'll leave up to the other posters.)
The familiar is also 1/3rd chicken.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2018, 07:20:13 am »

The familiar is also 1/3rd chicken.
And 1/3 monster from a realm from beyond the veil, you should've probably banish him there, but he's so cute so you keep him
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2018, 02:47:16 am »

Sir Oakenbord of the Four Legs, the northern most chair in the room, silently and patiently thinks on his revenge against Lord Woodenhiem the fifth, the southern most chair.  It has been decades in the making but soon all the plotting and lies will be completed and Woodenhiem will pay for his crimes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2018, 04:21:56 am »

You try to ignore the talking furniture, they are the inevitable result of an experiment gone awry.
Most wizards do in fact have at least one sapient piece of furniture (or tool/utensil/household product) in their homes.

And yes, many wizardly experiments have a tendency to go wrong in some way or another. It's all a part of the science of magic.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:06:36 pm by Ultimuh »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2018, 12:02:51 pm »

The chair underneath the table prays it won't be discovered, for it is a mimic!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2018, 08:19:17 pm »

You examine the experiment, tasting the result...

It tastes very yummy! The Mana Fruit you used gives it a refreshingly exotic flavor, meshing nicely with the Buttermilk of Eternal Springs.
It seems that the experiment was a success, which means that you can now mass produce cake using your lab equipment!
You smile with satisfaction, looking over the equipment and pondering the philosophical implications of unlimited cake.

"Wizard! Hey wizard! What's that you're doing there?" A demanding but not unfamiliar voice suddenly booms at you, evidently belonging to one of the nearby chairs. "It had better not be something unauthorized! Surely you know that all such activity must be reported to me, Lord Woodenheim the fifth, master of the household!"

"Ehem." You look away, trying to ignore the talking furniture. They are the inevitable result of an experiment gone awry, though most wizards do in fact have at least one sapient piece of furniture (or tool/utensil/household product) in their homes. And yes, many wizardly experiments have a tendency to go wrong in some way or another. It's all a part of the science of magic.

Meanwhile, the other two chairs are sitting silently around the table. One of them seems to be deeply focused in thought, as if plotting something devious while occasionally glancing at its mouthy cohort. The other, beneath the table, is completely still and chair-like, almost overly so. You eye it with mild suspicion, but soon dismiss your unfounded doubts about the probably innocent and inanimate piece of household property.

You then notice that your familiar seems to be missing, as he usually tends to greet you by the door. Perhaps he is in one of the other rooms...

You walk into your bedroom to look for the creature.

Nestled in a pile of homework papers on the nightstand is the 1/3 cat, 1/3 chicken, and 1/3 monster from a realm beyond the veil familiar, yawning and purring at your arrival as it kneads its paws and claws on the student essays underneath, gently but surely shredding the hours of academic effort toiled by the academy's most diligent pupils.

"There you are, Mr. Fluffytails... hey, that's no place to sleep!" You scold-greet the creature, trying to shoo him off his papery nest.

Mr. Fluffytails shoots back a defiant meow, his demonic tentacle-tails swinging chaotically about.

"Let me just... take these..." You slide your hand towards the nest, trying to remove and rescue the scholastic underpinnings from beneath the unnegotiating familiar.

A harsh and quickened "bah-gawk!" served as a final warning as the creature suddenly pounces and flutters away from its resting spot, but not before further ravaging the homework papers and making a nice feathery mess of them. Mr. Fluffytails then finds a comfortable spot right in the middle of the bed, as it settles down, purring and licking its paws and tentacles.

Sighing in resignation, you look from the mess to the mess-maker, annoyed but helpless to the creature and its cuteness.

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2018, 09:59:25 pm »

Salvage what you can from the essays, seems like you will have to fail half the class yet again.
Hopefully the principal won't take notice.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2018, 01:21:49 am »

Salvage what you can from the essays, seems like you will have to fail half the class yet again.
Hopefully the principal won't take notice.

Yes, hiding the body of the last one was quite annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22