Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24239 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2017, 04:02:27 pm »

(Heh, you included Akrathh's info into Reyginaga's spoiler, Nakeem.)

(Ah thanks, corrected that. Do note that breaking from the inside will cost half as much as from the outside.)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2017, 04:11:54 pm »

(Heh, you included Akrathh's info into Reyginaga's spoiler, Nakeem.)

(Ah thanks, corrected that. Do note that breaking from the inside will cost half as much as from the outside.)

Editing that now.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2017, 05:19:43 pm »

The bird god's attention is immediately captured by the actions of the Other One Reyginaga. They had placed life upon the corpse of Efanel, not only was this disrespectful to the titan, but that celestial body does not belong to them. Reyginaga, listen to my words carefully, you have come into the realm and already show reckless behavior and a dismissal of friendship. Now you openly and outright insult me. Do not place your mortals on the moon, for it is not yours to claim dominion.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »

Considering Niké's domain closer, he also says: Fascinating creatures you have there. Would you mind extending my Gift of Flowers to them? It seems appropriate. Please also give them some of my plants, with which I would be more than happy to furnish you. Such creatures as these deserve to know of the God of Beauty, even if only in name.
If you extend these gifts to them, I will be happy to tell them of the recipient.

(Tell the Robi to worship Nefertem, also, as well)
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2017, 11:34:22 pm »

The purpose of The Task? An excellent question Josh. There are many secrets of this world, dangerous secrets that may threaten it. The Task entrusts you to not only protect the world from these secrets, but also to protect the secrets from the world. After all, a bumbling explorer may inadvertently set of a chain of events that could spell disaster. And while I can view the future, and react much more strongly, there will inevitably come a time where a situation arises that mandates my presence and attention, and would leave an opening for those oblivious or malicious to find their way into the forbidden area..
Still, I will not begrudge any of you if you decide to stake out and explore the world, Free Will is part and parcel of being a Mortal after all! But it is a bit barren... I'll fix that a bit after this, alright?

Now, as for the Forenings? They were in experiment in unity by Nefertem, they were a mixture of three of the more prominent sentient races of the world, the Andilauss, the Fanelians, and the Keepers. It uh.. It didn't seem to have been as successful as they'd hope..
Still, I will personally induct them to our little Order here on our side of the world, in this Basin under the Moon, should they choose to accept The Task. But remember, while not everyone possesses the task, there are those who would readily agree to the logic of the task.

And so, Shal splits one of her Acts into Power, and utilizing one of it, the lands to the north of the Borderlands are transformed, taking on the appearance of gentle, rolling hills. On these hills is the occasional patch of trees and the region is lightly forested overall, but beneath the earth, mineral wealth abounds.. And the occasional random fossil potato..

Now, FORENINGS OF THE BASIN OF THE MOON! I have come to offer you a choice, an induction into our order of protecting the Pillar and the Abyss under it. Accept, and the same Sacred Task that every Keeper has, will be given to you. Refuse... And well...
I'm not going to hurt you, and you'll still be free to live here, but you're likely to continue seeing mistrust from the Keepers. Think about it, but I shall await your answer..

While awaiting the answers from the Forening's, Shal travels to the northern edge of the exclusion zone, in a relatively clear area, with an immense amount of Divine Power gathered, her voice echoing for a great distance...

So... This, this is where I will stand, a sentinel throughout the Ages.. To a brighter future, for everyone.

And finally, with an expenditure of a great amount of Acts, Shal sets up her Realm, Point Zero. Small islands of stone rise into the air, connected by gateways of twisted space, with one arising on the surface of the world. It spreads somewhat into the Exclusion Zone, but not very far. Although Space twists here, both the Keepers and Forenings grasp on it should be sufficient to navigate easily.

Reyginaga, you might want to listen to the Bird with the Doombow that can snipe you from where he stands... Also, he did claim the corpse of the titan, we just didn't expect it to become a moon... You risk leaving your mortals floating in the void when he eventually moves the moon into his realm..

Declare the overall area of the world around the Pillar the Basin of the Moon
Split Act into 2 Power
1 Power: Create a Natural Region to the north of the Blossoming Borderlands, the Hills of History. This lightly forested hillscape is rich with ores, and the occasional fossil potato.
1 Power: To all Forenings whom accept, inscribe upon them the Sacred Task, this Blessing is somewhat exploiting the fact that Forenings do inherit traits of their parents.
5 Acts: Plant down a Realm, Point Zero, right on the border of the Exclusion Zone (but only slightly infringing upon it).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:40:37 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2017, 11:37:42 pm »

Well I'll accept that offer Reyginaga.
its boring watch others talk while waiting.
so lets begin this insanity because nothing should be orderly to begin with!

I use the 5 act offered by Reyginaga with the 6 i need to get in immediately
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2017, 11:44:35 pm »

Gauging Lu's reactions to her effectively seeding the moon with her mortals, Reyginaga didn't need to read any strands of fate to know that things will get worse if she decides to ignore his grievances. As a result, Reyginaga decides to move her mortals and created plants to an unpopulated region on the Original World.

I apologize for my indiscretion, Lu."

"Initially, I considered it a normal celestial body that no one else was interested in colonizing."

"For the sake of our newfound alliance, I will comply to your demands."

Move the mortals and the magical plants onto the surface of the Original World.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:12:24 am by Sir Elventide »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2017, 11:53:14 pm »

of course it was too much to expect you to do any of the work yes

As a Minor Act, Nefertem collects samples of all his plants and dumps them somewhere near where Niké is hard at work on his dinosaur people.

Turning to the gods in general, Nefertem speaks:

First off, is anyone else concerned about all this immigration?

Lu, I'd be happy to furnish you with an act or two if you'd like to move the Final Moon sooner rather than later.

Unrelatedly, Lu, Shal, Quill, I have been contemplating developing a global blessing for the betterment of all of our worshippers. Would any of you like to assist with this?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2017, 12:10:39 am »

Hmn?
Mind allowing us details first?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2017, 12:25:35 am »

That is exactly what I am hoping to discuss. Good health to all that know at least one of our names, perhaps.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2017, 12:35:20 am »

Longevity would be my suggestion, but so many things to do, not enough Acts to spend between them..

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2017, 12:41:55 am »

Mm, yes, good health and longevity. And, not to sound mistrustful, but protection from divine harm couldn't hurt. Oh, incidentally, Niké, I didn't mean to exclude you from the discussion, since there are those who believe in you as well.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2017, 01:47:15 am »

I heartily approve of wooden equipment, and am a firm believer in the use of protective equipment. Good job, everyone, especially you, Kekmet. :)

However, others need help...

Mavnon, if it would not be troublesome to you, I would like to send Tian Shu the dream they have requested.

Furthermore, Allond will be invited to the City; I will teach him the ways of science and magic. There are other means of power than Chieftainship, and every leader needs intelligent advisors.

[Note: the following all use 0 Power, as they are discounted 1 Power actions]

Then make two minor regional blessings near the City. The first is to facilitate peaceful interaction between groups in the region around the City, just making people less irritable and more open to reason. The second is a piece of divinity Erin has learned from Acter: an Improvement field. Everyone in the area around the City will be better able to improve their skills.

After that, a lesser global Law: stone pillars are sources of magic; they are difficult to tap into, but have large stores.

Finally, Erin first creates a small group of lesser servants to watch over the City and act as his voice, and then goes about the world creating apparently naturally-formed stone pillars. If anyone asks him what he's doing and why, he explains it to them.

Free you are by divin-e-ty
But your request is a curios-e-ty
Yes,petty court-e-sy

Lungs:
A Lung named Tian Shu prays for inspiration:
"Mavnon, I am at loss, since weeks I have been unable to craft. Please send me a dream of inspiration."

Very well little fish
A wish granted like a feast
Currents rules the sea

Mine work I contract out
To another spirit devout
It will aid you without a out
And teach you, I do not doubt
...I do hope it is not a tout

Declare myself Godfather of Caracavels (an empty title, I assure you)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:50:55 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2017, 01:54:49 am »

Unto One who is Otherwise, nice
Nefertem grants a piece of advice:
That your words would be sweeter
if you worked on your metre,
and your rhymes were a touch more precise.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2017, 02:00:32 am »

Pah,

You demand conformity
to rules without celerity
and ideas of sterlity~

Creativity, I doubt
Primordial Spawn,
lingers in your Heavens
Nor in your mouth,
Of that,
There is no doubt.

awaken by the laughter of mad men as this otherworldly being body starts to form outside the universe and sees as one of the many threads of corruption has lead it to realize what its body is made from. only after its body is done forming does it question if there is a better thing to represent itself as it had idea for a perfect servant and called it Webzya. its purpose is to corrupt others into my faith or lead them to self destruction. but inside my mind i still do question the laughter of mad men i heard before as it draws me towards this universe

ask for permission from other gods and beings to enter their universe otherwise get help from Reyginaga, Mavnon and help Reyginaga get in if she helps me

Cousin fair!

How does the Void fair?

A fair fare, I would hope?

Mavnon votes for their entry.
Mavnon converts 1 Act into a Change Act.

1 Minor Act:Mavnon creates Scale Feet and scatters them across the Lung Sea and its adjacent coasts.

Spoiler: Scale Feet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:57:23 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25