Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24241 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2017, 09:49:51 pm »

I think perhaps you've misunderstood... Lu demands four acts, he does not offer them.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2017, 10:21:40 pm »

awaken by the laughter of mad men as this otherworldly being body starts to form outside the universe and sees as one of the many threads of corruption has lead it to realize what its body is made from. only after its body is done forming does it question if there is a better thing to represent itself as it had idea for a perfect servant and called it Webzya. its purpose is to corrupt others into my faith or lead them to self destruction. but inside my mind i still do question the laughter of mad men i heard before as it draws me towards this universe

ask for permission from other gods and beings to enter their universe otherwise get help from Reyginaga, Mavnon and help Reyginaga get in if she helps me
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:24 pm »

Hmm? Yes, I see you out there, and yes, I have seen your opinions on the Infinite Possibilities of Fate. Very Well, welcome.
You have my acceptance. Just remember, do not touch the prison, do not tamper with the Abyss, and do not delve too deep into the depths of the earth... At least not without us knowing and agreeing with said actions..

Accept Reyginaga's entry
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:27:18 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2017, 10:55:07 pm »

I suppose I have no overt objections to this Reyginaga. However, I am a bit concerned about all this... interest. I'm sure none of us are too proud to admit that gods swarm to newborn worlds like flies, and we had to fight pretty hard for this one. Perhaps we should invest some effort to strengthen our barriers.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2017, 11:39:39 pm »

We shall see then Reyginaga. An alliance with you at this time leaves me wondering of the benefits, especially considering you'd burn that power to gain entry instead of giving it to one who would put it to good use. We shall see what the future holds, but your actions have been duly noted. 

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2017, 11:22:15 pm »

I still have at least two acts, right?, Nefertem says, wavering in midair.

Splitting two acts into four Power, Nefertem spends 1 to supply the empty Southern Ocean with a population of miscellaneous phytoplankton...

Life Sheet:
Species name: Miscellaneous Phytoplankton (Phytoplankton miscellaneus)
Physical Description: Green specks of varying sizes that drift in the water and photosynthesize.
Traits:
  - phytoplankton
  - miscellaneous

... and then a filter-feeder to eat it, spending three Power on a population of ensouled coral called Rifja, also placed in the Southern Ocean (which he now calls the Coral Ocean).

Life Sheet:
Species name: Rifja
Physical Description: Pinkish barrel-shaped coral polyps about the size of a small cat, which grow in colonies and form skeletons in many colours and following complex geometric patterns. Both polyp and associated coral glow gently in the dark; the polyps can also flash much brighter to startle predators or communicate over long distances.
Traits:
  - filter feeders
  - limited telepathy with their nearby neighbours in a colony, forming a partial hivemind
  - light- and sound-sensitive tentacles allow them to see and hear
  - they also have vocal cords to make sound using water instead of air as the medium
  - born with instinctive knowledge of their creator
  - each polyp can act as a muscle to pull on the skeleton, allowing them to move slowly in concert
      - (in order to faciliate this, each colony usually only has a small number of polyps attached to the substrate at any given time, with the majority building off one another in a large branching structure)
  - luminescent, colourful, the kind of things you'd expect from a God of Beauty and Light
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:42:42 pm by Maximum Spin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2017, 12:36:59 am »

Lu travels among the clans again during this period. Flying over the hills and forests he descends from above into each village he visits. He also splits 3 acts into 6 power.

He first visits the tribe of Akrathh, landing outside of their village and asking for permission to enter. Lu is always respectful when interacting with mortals, for he sees them as noble and interesting creatures. Lu comes to the tribe to bring an era of good harvests for the tribe. While Akrathh is the Other of Death, a power of the vast sea that is Death, Lu is an entity of borders. He knows moreso than any where the borders of death lay, and where life begins. So too with undeath. In many ways, he and Akrathh are two parts of a whole. Yet today, Lu would push those deathly boundaries back just a bit.

Famine has come to your nation, for your tools are those of war, not of peace. They belong to Akrathh, they are of death. These tools will not bring you life. If you would like, I can bring forth the bounties of life and teach you the tools for its practice just as Limikarrat taught you the tools of death. Lu then, as a minor act, teaches all those who wish to learn of life how to grow food, fertilize and irrigate their crops, and attract the Kikaket who's presence magically enhance the growth of crops and attract huntable game to the area. The Kikaket of the area are instructed to make sure those who appease them are well fed. War will not bring you life. It is fire. It burns, bright and hot, but must be forever kindled. Soon the rains which feed the plants will come and snuff out the fire. Be sure you have thirsty plants.

Lu then travels to the Tribe of Karos and lands at their village. He finds the village large and prosperous under their current leader and is quite happy with them. He brings them gifts of Manna and Coffee that he collected on his journey. He then turns to the issue at hand. Hajval is aging and will one day be unable to guide his tribe. This does not sadden Lu, for Lu is the Herald of the End. All things must and do end. Yet the end of Hajval would not be the end of his tribe's guidance. Using 1 power Lu created the Amulet of Hajval. It is a magical amulet that holds within it the power to hold the soul of those who die while wearing it. In time, it will gather the wisdom of a great many leaders and unsure the wisdom of the Karos outlives the mortal coil of any one member. Hajval, you have led this tribe into prosperity.
 Though, like all things, we pass on. When members of your tribe pass, they journey to my realm and continue on until the End of All Things. It would be an honor if you joined me there in the future. Yet, for your wisdom, I give you an impossible decision. This amulet will hold your soul upon this world if you die while wearing it. Your wisdom will pass onto the soul of the following chief, and then yours and their wisdom onto the next, until The End of All Things. Though I leave this decision to you and your people, I gift you the option of endless burden in the service of your people. Choose wisely the fate of your soul.
Lu quietly and solemnly bows to the leader, and then departs to the sky shortly after.

Lu then flies to the tribe of Alomet. He spends time with them mourning the loss of Goert. He reminds the tribe that Ghoert has passed into the land of Lu's origin and will remain there until The End of All Things. He greets and happily introduces himself to the new leader, reminding him of the Horn. The Horn of Efanel will ensure the prosperity of your tribe. Do not heisitate to call upon its power. It will forever ensure the prosperity of your people. Lu instructs the nearby kikaket to grow their numbers and bring growth to the tribe of Alomet. They are a good people, and the quiet support of the spirits is deserved, nice, and appreciated by Lu.

Lastly Lu travels to the Keepers of the Pillar. He finds them a strange and usual race, having less eyes than his Fanelians. He descends, and speaks to them. I am Lu, god of Life. I was drawn to this location for mortals had come to cultivate the lands. Bravo little ones, you surely are a race worthy of praise. Lu bows and smiles at the humanoids. I rule over the domain of Life. All things which live pass through my sphere. That which grows is life, and is wonderful. If you would so accept them, I have a gift for you. The Kikaket. These life spirits contain bits of my power and bring forth growth and good harvest. If you would accept them, they will make sure your cowed trees grow and your crops flourish. They are my gift to all the mortals of the world, if they so accept them. If the keepers accept the kikaket, give them some so that they may come to reproduce and inhabit this area. Otherwise just leave some in the area to populate it naturally. After teaching them how to care for the spirits, Lu departs, flying north to the Western Jungle.

Using five power Lu creates his own race of Mortals: the Rhacidae. The Rhacidae are a race of powerful raptorlike mortals. They stand on the powerful legs iconic of birdlike dinosaurs, which are scaled and have the powerful clawed toe. The scaling continues up their legs and up until the midriff. At which point the body changes to feathers. The torso of the Rhacidae is covered in feathers and is muscular and humanoid. As are the arms of the race, which in in three fingered (and a thumb) hands with sharp claws. Finally the head of the Rhacidae is a mix of dinosaur and avian features. It has the velociraptor design, but has a beak full of teeth. The females of the Rhacidae grow longer head feathers and are slightly smaller and leaner than males, but otherwise, there are no real differences between the sexes. They are a naturally powerful race, having innate strength, agility, and devotion. Additionally Lu imprints himself upon the collective consciousness of the Rhacidae so that they recognize and love Lu from the moment they see him.

Lu created the Rhacidae, not as a race of fully grown mortals, but started them where all birds begin. As eggs. He watched over them, and protected them from the Sakarakt, an entire race of mortals preparing to hatch. He then watched over each individual as they hatched so that they would see their creator as the first thing in this world. Afterwards, he guided and raised the race into the future, teaching them to hunt the beasts of the jungle, grow the crops of this land, and how to make friends with the spirits of the forest that so too were Lu's. Lu remained with the Rhacidae for the remainder of this era, serving as their local god and parent so they may grow into a fine race.

Spoiler: Artifact (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:13:32 am by Roboson »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2017, 08:21:46 am »

The
ETERNAL SAGA
such godly goodness ooc here

ACT 2: The First Era

---

TURN 2.1: To the Heavens, we turn our prayers

With no conflict in sight, the various divine beings continued their tasks of creation.

Erin's Guidance

Erin Quill was saddened to see Spruces dying from Varween ambushes. To prevent further needless deaths, he gathered the Spruces in the City of the Silver Skies. There, as he recovered his power, he crafted before them equipment of incredible quality to help them defend themselves, and taught them smarter uses of their innate flight abilities.

To ensure that everything would go without a hitch, he then watched over them with the Starsight. His omniscience expanded beyond his Realm, covering its surroundings. With his absolute eye, there was no additional ambush.

Akrathh's Gifts

Far into the Other Plane, Akrathh moved. Influencing the world from beyond the planes, he first created a small population of an edible plant, that he called Manna. It appeared near the Tribe of Akrathh, and Limikarrat made sure to put this gift to great Fanelian use.

Due to the touch of Akrathh, Manna was a curious herb, growing into captivating fractals that changed according to the region, though no one knew precisely why.

Then Akrathh spoke to Sagale the Hunter. The old Fanelian knew he didn't have long left, and accepted the Other One's offer. With his health restored, he set on to make the best of his last month among the living.

Finally, he used his Act to create the Whomuns. Green photosynthesizing slimes, edible for consumption and quite tasty by mortal standards. Despite being non-intelligent beings, they tended to gather into groups, in such positions that they formed geometric shapes. The initial population is then scattered across the liveable world.

Nefertem's Forenings

Nefertem decides to create a new race of mortals, that he christens the Forenings, using to that end 2 Power created from 1 Act. They ressemble all three mortal races, but anyone can tell that they are not of one of these mortal races.

He spreads this population across all three great territories. As this was an age of Gods, mortals were forced to accept the Forenings, whether they wanted or not.

Niké's Sleepshade and more

Using 1 Power, Niké creates life in its image: the Sleepshade, blue and orange flowers. Designed to be a deadly poison against predators, he then places the population around the City of the Silver Skies.

He also created some scrolls to give to Kuli, on which was written the Codex.

Nolei went to Niké's Realm, where he started using his enhanced powers to act as the sorter of the souls. When he could, he also sought lost souls of the Divine Plane to bring them into the Codex. But this task was arduous for a single being, as the Divine Plane was infinite. According to Niké's word, he sent the souls of the Fanelians of the Tribe of Harat to Nefertem's Realm.

Kuli on the other hand, travelled the Mortal Plane, spreading seasons on its passage. The changes of seasons didn't last long after the Servant's departure, and these seasons were seen as unnatural by Fanelians. Kuli also spread the word of his Creator among the mortals, especially the Spruces. But as they firmly believed in Erin, the Word didn't pass through them. The Fanelians on the other hand, understanding that Gods were among them, accepted this new God into their growing pantheon.

Shal's Antics

Before tackling her great plan, Shal congratulated the Keepers, and warned them of the arrival of the Forenings. Then taking pity upon the Tribe of Akrathh, she brings to them Fossil Potatoes. She also gives some to the Spruces and the Andilauss on the way, and on the way back, she brings back Manna and healthy Coffee plants.

Then finally, she enters in a trance as she uses 1 Power to make her mind travel the flow of information known as the Past. What she saw, only herself knew.

Nefertem and the Andilauss (and more like the Rifja)

With 2 Power created from 1 Act, Nefertem bless the Andilauss with a Major, permanent Blessing. Unnamed, the Andilauss would simply call it the Gift of Flowers. Flowers fitting to the Andilauss personality would grew on Andilauss achieving great works of beauty.

Then he explained to them the art of using one's body as a medium. Tatooing, body piercing, scarification... This simple action brought back unity and order to the Andilauss, and the subgroup of Andilauss were particularly overjoyed to be recognized by their god.

Next, the Ribbon God created a small population of Laufbarkr, the first and only tree around Andilauss lands.

And finally, he split another act into 2 Power, using the souls of the Tribe of Harat as a medium to create the Anteharat, an army of Lesser Servants. He presented them to the Tribe of Harat, explaining to them that these were their ancestors. The Tribe of Harat was outraged, and they told this unknown god that they saw through his lies, like Lu before him. Ancestors didn't return, for they lived in the Spirit Realm for all eternity.

But the Anteharat proved to hold the memories and personalities of the ones they knew. Conflicted, they overcame their outrage.

(...)

Then Nefertem turned 2 Acts into 4 Power, creating plankton and the Rifja, a mortal species of polypes, which were placed in the Southern Ocean. He dubs the Ocean the Coral Ocean, and right after that realizes that this Ocean was already filled with huge and varied algae.

Reyginaga and Elitholi

On the dimensional walls of the universe, two Other Ones appeared and asked for entry.

Reyginaga, a planet with many eyes.
Elitholi, a spider made of innumerable smaller spiders.

Reyginaga was allowed entry by Shal, Mavnon and Lu.
Elitholi on the other hand, was forced to watch Reyginaga be allowed to enter while he and Webzya were forced to remain outside of the universe.

The Other Plane distorted as Reyginaga's arrival also created its Realm.

Lu's Rhacidae

Before acting, Lu split his Acts into 6 Power.

Lu first went to the Tribe of Akrathh, to tell them of the value of Peace over War. All listened, some objected, many silenced their thoughts. He taught to those who would agree the art of cultivation, and how to make good use of the Kikaket.

Then he went to the Tribe of Karos, which was as prosperous as ever. GIfting them with Manna and Coffee, he then appeared to Hajval the Noble. Using 1 Power, he crafted the Amulet of Hajval, a Magical Personal artifact that would hodl the soul of its wearer upon death. Instructing to Hajval the power of the Amulet, he then left to him the choice to bind himself eternally to the Amulet or not.

Next he went to the Tribe of Alomet, and mourned the departure of Goert the Leader. Meeting with the new leader, and reminding him of the power of the Fourth Horn, he then left, not before instructing the Kikaket to help the Tribe of Alomet grow into a prosperous tribe.

Finally, he descend far to the South, reaching the mysterious pillar. Speaking to the Keepers, he offered to them the Kikaket. They were initially wary of the Kikaket, but ended accepting them upon realizing they were no threat, but a boon.

Then using his remaining Power, he created his own mortals, the Rhacidae. Powerful raptor-like humanoid, their large population was placed to the Western Jungles. Like a mother bird, Lu watched over the eggs of his mortals. Afterward, he decided to guide them personally in their first steps in the mortal world.

The Rest

Akrathh blessed Shaloon with a contractual longevity. His lifespan would increase the more he taught other Lungs of his crafts.

For now, Limikarrat was seen teaching agriculture to the Tribe of Akrathh. He remained close to them, listening to their needs and worries, and guiding them as best as he could. With the help of the Imps, he easily erased the damages done by the war. He limited himself to using them for reconstruction though.

A surge of divine energy is felt coming from the Divine Plane, as several Acts are used.

Cerediron recovered 1 Act.
Lu recovered 1 Power.
Erin recovered 5 Power.
Nefertem received 3 Acts from Auđrauga.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:24:44 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:46 am »

WORLD TURN

The Andilauss

Unity was brought back among the Andilauss. Those who were shunned were now accepted, and all marveled before the Gift of Flowers. Alor was now called by all as Alor the Genius, and his old title was never spoken again. With Nefertem's gifts, the Andilauss explored more ways of making themselves beautiful, but ended up neglecting their crude agriculture as a result.

They were at first puzzled by the Forenings, which they saw as quite ugly. Disharmonious, non-Andilauss... but they were a creation of Nefertem nonetheless, so they accepted them in.

Shal visited the Andilauss to gift them Fossil Potatoes. The Andilauss quickly forgot about Shal's passage, and having no use for Fossil Potatoes, they all ended up rotting.

No particular individual appeared among the Andilauss this time.

[Andilauss united once more]
[Agriculture knowledge deteriorating]
[Art: Tatoo, Body Modifications]
Nefertem earned 2 Acts from Andilauss worship

Spoiler: Famous Andilauss (click to show/hide)

The Fanelians

Tribe of Harat

The Tribe of Harat reached the sea after their long journey. They decided to rename themselves as the Herati of the Tribe of Herat. Quickly settling in, they adapated unnaturally quickly to the lives of fishermen. Their population also grew incredibly well, managing to keep growing thanks to the boon of the sea.

The presence of the Anteharat led to heated discussions and communion with the spirits. Jete the Rider knew that the Anteharat were their ancestors, but he also wondered why did they return. There was something unnatural and wrong to him, and his compatriots felt the same. Then many Anteharat turned into malicious spirits to fulfill grudges, desires, or by mere jealousy of the living. Their constant presences were more of a problem than a boon to the Herati.

It led to the Herati concluding that the Anteharat were a bad omen, and that spirits shouldn't have returned. They were still very conflicted, but commonly agreed to cast Nefertem and Niké as malicious spirits.

[Worship for Lu decreased]
[Nefertem and Niké cast as a malicious spirit]
[Tribe of Harat population is now Medium-]
Mavnon earned 1 Act from the Tribe of Harat worship

Tribe of Karos

Hajval refused to be bound to the Amulet. He thanked Lu, but also explained that he believed a ruler needed to leave his place to the future generation. He said to Lu that the Amulet shouldn't be left with the Tribe of Karos, for if one day a greedy ruler appeared, he would abuse the power of this Artifact.

Apart from this event, the Tribe started cultivating Manna and Coffee. Their technology developped at a good pace, and they started using a crude form of writing in the form of stone carving.

Then what Hajval hoped for happened. Two worthy successors appeared: Givarn the Visionary and Allond the Thinker. Both Fanelians had an equal capacity to claim for the new position, and as such, many trials were created to choose the future leader of the Tribe. In the end, Givarn won in the last trial. As his first act, Givarn elevated Allond to the position of his right hand, wishing for them to work together for the future of the Tribe.

But Allond was ambitious. Only time would tell if it would lead to a tragedy or not...

As the Tribe grew in population, they started expanding South. Karos Scouts stumbled upon the City of the Silver Skies, and reported their findings to Givarn.

On another note, the Forenings are easily accepted there, as none of them break Karos law.

[Event: City of the Silver Skies discovered]
[Tech: Hard Surface Writing]
[Added to Karos Pantheon: Shal, Niké, Nefertem]
Lu earned 2 Acts from the Tribe of Karos worship alone
Shal worship building up
Niké worship building up

[Tribe of Karos population is now Large++]

Tribe of Alomet

With the help of the Kikaket, the Tribe of Alomet managed to grow in these initially infertile lands. They lived peaceful lives, using their time to create many stories from their travels.

The Forenings are welcomed among the small tribe. With new members, their population grow, albeit very slowly. As the Fanelians realize, the Forenings grow very slowly, and are less fertile than Fanelians.

[Art: Storytellers, Poets]
[Added to Alomet Pantheon: Nefertem]
Lu earned 1 Act from the Tribe of Alomet worship
[Trive of Alomet population is now Small]

Tribe of Akrathh

The Tribe of Akrathh was saved from the famine by the intervention of the various gods. With new agricultural techniques taught to them and new crops to grow, they managed to lessen the impact of the famine, and eventually cleared it up. The appearance of the slimes also helped prevent the immediate lack of food, as Limikarrat instructed the Fanelians to grow and eat them.
Among the old conquered tribes, Lu and Shal's positions were greatly strenghtened.
Among the original Tribes of Akrathh, Lu and Shal's influence slightly increased, while Akrathh's was greatly strenghtened.

Despite the new peace, a schism started to appear in the Tribe of Akrathh.
Those of the Peace Faction stopped paying tributes to the main Tribe, and even started publicly blaspheming Akrathh and Limikarrat.
The Warlord Faction was outraged by this, but didn't punish the offenders to respect Limikarrat's words. Another unfortunate event created further turmoil: in one of the settlements loyal to Akrathh, which heard of the sudden peace last, a new weapon was discovered. Blades of an incredibly strong material, cold to the touch, created in fire. Copper. They had already created some copper weapons, that were intended to be fielded to the front line.

Two famous Fanelians appeared in the Tribe of Akrathh. Julak the Coppersmith, and Darad the Fierce. The former was the discoverer of Copper, while the latter was Edera's most trusted and powerful soldier.

Then Sagale suddenly recovered from his illness. Enlightened by a wisdom earned from knowing the time of his death, he became known as Sagale the Wise Hunter in his last month. He told his story in such a way that Akrathh's standing increased among the Tribe of Akrathh. His words inspired his tribesmen, increasing their respect toward death, and understanding that death made them strive to become better.

His passing left a lasting impact on the Fanelians, even converting Fanelians of the Peace Faction to the Warlord Faction.

[Event: Coup closing in]
[Copper discovered]
[Slime Farming]
[Added to Akrathh Pantheon: Shal, Niké]
[Faith in Lu increased]
[Faith in Akrathh increased]
[Niké worship building up]
Akrathh earned 2 Acts from the Tribe of Akrathh worship
Shal and Lu earned 1 Act from the Peace Faction worship

Other Tribes

The other tribes managed to resume development, overall slowly increasing.

-Tribe of Percaba

The Forenings were accepted well in the Tribe of Percaba. As the Percaba Fanelians were hunters, and the Forenings were too weak to hunt, they had them take care of other matters in the village.

-Tribe of Forut

In the Tribe living at the edge of the Sea of Fire and Glass, relations with Forenings were bad. To the Forut, the Forenings were not Fanelians, and lacked something critical. This initially was not a problem, but it only worsened as days passed. Forenings couldn't connect with the Fanelians, and neither could the Fanelians connect with Forenings. While they accepted each other presences, they lived apart from each others, and didn't intermingle.

[Other Tribes population is now Small++]

Erin earned 1 Act from total Fanelian Worship

Spoiler: Famous Fanelians (click to show/hide)

The Keepers of the Pillar

The arrival of the Forenings was initially met with a lot of wariness. The Forenings didn't have the Task, and while they looked somewhat like Keepers, they were not keepers. As such, the Keepers felt they couldn't trust the Forenings. They accepted them in, but didn't mingle with them much.

The lack of the Task within Forenings was the biggest source of dissent. Strongly attached to their traditions, the Keepers wouldn't accept the Forenings who didn't hold the Task at heart.

The Kikaket on the other hand were accepted and welcomed, as they were seen as non-intelligent wisps. Sammie managed to understand the workings of the Kikaket, greatly using them to her advantage. It was said Sammie could feed the whole Keeper population by herself if she wanted.

[Keeper population is now Medium]
[Added to Keeper Pantheon: Nefertem, Lu]
Shal earned 1 Act from Keeper worship

Lungs

With Mavnon's blessing, Shaloon started teaching his crafts to the other Lungs. The overall quality of crafts greatly increased as a result, but then a tragedy occured.

Shaloon was murdered by Baicha, another talented Lung crafter who learnt all he needed from Shaloon. All Lungs who learnt from Shaloon started jealously keeping their knowledge, and tried to steal the secrets of others. A group of Lungs thrived from these events, a group of criminal Lungs naming themselves the Five Underfins. They assassinated, stole, and threatened for a price.

Their leader was called Majia.

The other lungs group kept developping.

[Other Lungs population is now Small-]
Mavnon earned 1 Act from Lung worship

Spoiler: Famous Lungs (click to show/hide)

The Spruces

With Erin's equipment and omniscience, no Spruce fell under a Varween ambush. The equipment ended up being unused, as Spruces prefered avoiding Varweens. This led to the predators to stop hunting Spruces, probably because the game became less funny to them.

A famous Spruce appeared among them. Kekmet the Insightful Eye, who had an incredible skill at reverse engineering Erin's tools. He managed to learn from them, and replicate crude versions. His curiosity was huge even by Spruces standards, and he set out to experiment with materials and tools.

The Spruces lived in the City of the Silver Skies, which was big enoug to accomodate their small population. They started trying to create many tools and objects, a great many of them completely useless. And in a way shaped by their first encounter with the living beings of this world, they seek to improve themselves by crafting protective gear. To that end, they create wooden armors of all shapes and sizes.

They meet with the Forenings brought by Nefertem, and both races being peaceful, they have a cordial relationship.

[Spruce population is now Small+]
[Erin's Worship building up]

[Fear of Beasts diminished]
[Wooden Tech]

Spoiler: Famous Spruces (click to show/hide)

The Rhacidae

With Lu's constant guidance, the Rhacidae comes to quickly set up as another dominant species of the Western Jungles. But individually, the Rhacidae were no match for the Sakarakt. These vicious and efficient predators could camouflage in the jungle, and swiftly decapitate their preys with their deadly crystalline claws.

It is in the force of numbers and the use of Lu's knowledge that they managed to emerge victorious. Life was still harsh, and the threat of Sakarakt was a constant reality.

The Rifja

The Rifja developps greatly, without any notable predator and a great environment, as it turns out the algae of the Coral Sea form a natural symbiosis with coral.

[Rifja benefitting from native algae]

Fauna and Flora

Umlor the Savage Maw:
The mighty beast of the sea kept growing, even acquiring the ability to survive on land for short periods of time. Fortunately, it didn't use this ability much as the sea was much more bountiful. While Umlor was a male and had already sired many Carcavels, he also earned the ability to lay eggs, creating a different kind of Carcavels.

PRAYERS TURN

Among the many prayers of the mortals to the gods, a few stand out in particular.

Andilauss:
An Andilauss named Laak asks Nefertem:
"Beautiful God, why are the Forenings so naturally ugly?"

Lungs:
A Lung named Tian Shu prays for inspiration:
"Mavnon, I am at loss, since weeks I have been unable to craft. Please send me a dream of inspiration."

Tribe of Akrathh: Warlord Faction
The Warlord Edera sends a prayer to Akrathh himself.
"O Great One of Wisdom. I beseech your help, for doubt is filling my heart. We are all grateful for the help you have granted us, in the form of the slimes and the Manna. The Tribe of Akrathh will soon face a terrible disaster. We can all feel it. Where Limikarrat's words brought us unity, this forced peace brings us strife and conflict. We of the Tribe of Akrathh are scared of losing everything we built with blood and sweat, everything we earned through sacrifices and hardships, to lose everything to this false peace.

To lose our identity.

We became more than Fanelians through war and conquest, we pushed our limits as a people, and united the many different tribes under a common banner. We erased the violent conflicts between the smaller tribes, and successfully assimilated many Tribes with time. And now, those of the Peace Faction threatens to destroy this unity. They are already falling into decadence, as they are not like us, who fought for ourselves and won a hard earned victory. They rely on their gods to provide for them, to solve all of their problems. They are turning into deadly fanatics, believing to be the chosen of a holy purge.

O Akrathh, Master of the Bringer. Akrathh the Wise... We are straying from our ways, I am lost as to what to do. My heart refuses to listen to the other gods, who impose upon us their will. May you bring clarity to our troubled minds."

Tribe of Akrathh: Peace Faction
The great priest Ledel sends a prayer to Lu.
"Lu the Great Lifebird! Lu the Righteous, the Defender of the Weak! Soon, we of the conquered tribes will rise and destroy the Akrathhans, and erase their evil war from the world! You showed us that they were wrong, and that we are right!

Help us destroy our enemy, and help us raise the Tribe of Lu! With your guidance, we shall be eternally prosperous, and in eternal peace!"

Tribe of Herat:
Jete the Rider asks to Cenovet.
"Great Spirit. These returned ancestors are wrong, they are cursed souls. They see all and know all, they suffer yet don't live, and cannot die. What bad omen does the arrival of the malevolent spirits Nefertem and Niké foretell? Many are terrified that they could also end up cursed, and unable to join the Great Ancestors in the Spirit World. We need a sign from you, Great Spirit. How can we ward ourselves from the Cursers?"

Keepers of the Pillar:
The Keeper Josh asks to Shal:
"Shal, Great Creator Goddess of Time. What is the purpose of our task? Why is no one allowed to set foot onto the forbidden area? Who are these false Keepers?"

WORLD STATUS

ORIGINAL WORLD

Spoiler: Major Landmarks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)

NOTABLE LIFE

On Land:
Spoiler: Vegetation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fauna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Predators (click to show/hide)

In the Sea:
Spoiler: Vegetation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fauna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Predators (click to show/hide)

MORTALS

Spoiler: Andilauss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fanelians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Keepers of the Pillar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lungs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spruces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Forenings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rhacidae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rifja (click to show/hide)

OTHER STUFF

Spoiler: Astral Bodies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beasts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:17:39 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2017, 08:23:13 am »

PLAYERS STATUS

GREATER ONES

OTHER ONES

ASCENDED ONES

MONSTER

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:00:49 pm by Nakéen »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2017, 08:58:24 am »

I heartily approve of wooden equipment, and am a firm believer in the use of protective equipment. Good job, everyone, especially you, Kekmet. :)

However, others need help...

Mavnon, if it would not be troublesome to you, I would like to send Tian Shu the dream they have requested.

[Note: the following all use 0 Power, as they are discounted 1 Power actions]

Then make two minor regional blessings near the City. The first is to facilitate peaceful interaction between groups in the region around the City, just making people less irritable and more open to reason. The second is a piece of divinity Erin has learned from Acter: an Improvement field. Everyone in the area around the City will be better able to improve their skills.

After that, a lesser global Law: stone pillars are sources of magic; they are difficult to tap into, but have large stores.

Finally, Erin first creates a small group of lesser servants to watch over the City and act as his voice, and then goes about the world creating apparently naturally-formed stone pillars. If anyone asks him what he's doing and why, he explains it to them.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:15:27 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2017, 10:22:50 am »

Nefertem. It seems the Harati do not like us.

To Kuli; The ears of the mortals of this world are closed off, to you and me. My name has spread, but it has not seeped into the ground. Go then, once more, and bring great change. To those who know me, grant an uprise in growth. To those with surplus, stop short of harm, but let the cold humble them - and they shall know it was your hand for the seasons cling to you and to your staff they shall cling until they have seeped into the ground. To the tribe of Harat, treat them with kindness - for now.

With this done, the flower god sets to work in creating a new race of beings, using one Growth act and one Rest act.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With these creatures, Niké takes a personal approach. He appears to them in a humanoid form, hoping to guide them towards a hunting-oriented, nomadic lifestyle. He teaches them of the Seasons, the ever-changing movement of Nature, and how it can both harm them and help them. He teaches them how to follow the Seasons, moving close to Summer yet not staying too near. He also tells them to praise Niké, though without ever revealing that he is indeed Niké.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:39:49 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2017, 01:10:53 pm »

Nefertem personally appears before Laak and speaks:

My child, there are other lands besides yours, and in those other lands there are peoples made by other gods, who worship other gods and know little of beauty. I made the Forenings suspended between these others and you, so that they may one day, I hope, raise up these others and allow all to be united. The Forenings I have placed with you will become more like you with long integration, and accepting them will help you come to accept these others, who are not my creations - they look very strange indeed! - but with whom I nonetheless hope you will be able to live in harmony, to teach them the ways of beauty.

He then turns away from the world and toward Niké. Yes, ancestors are never quite as good in person as they are in your head, are they? Well, I'll forgive their lack of gratitude if you will. Perhaps a different approach would be more effective?

As a Minor Act, Nefertem sends a dream to Jete the Rider in which Cenovet explains that Nefertem and Niké are not malicious as such, but rather the primary agents of the afterlife, who have agreed to send back those who wish to return in order that both the living and the dead may see the results - and that none who does not wish to return will be made to do so. He further states that the ancestors who have returned are free to leave whenever they want, but have simply chosen stasis to their and everyone's detriment. He suggests that asking Nefertem and Niké, with the due respect to gods of the afterlife, to return the corrupted ancestors to their proper slumber is the simplest way to convince them to relent.

Considering Niké's domain closer, he also says: Fascinating creatures you have there. Would you mind extending my Gift of Flowers to them? It seems appropriate. Please also give them some of my plants, with which I would be more than happy to furnish you. Such creatures as these deserve to know of the God of Beauty, even if only in name.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2017, 02:02:28 pm »

I shift mildly in my seat, and wait for time to move forward.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2017, 03:41:38 pm »

(Heh, you included Akrathh's info into Reyginaga's spoiler, Nakeem.)

Exceedingly pleased with her entry into this reality and even more happy with her realm, Reyginaga begin inscribing glyphs of knowledge and fate onto the huge crystals floating around in the nebulous cloud, just to put on the finishing touches. However, she knew that Elitholi was still in that void, just waiting to get in. Grasping the strands of fate, Reyginaga saw many probabilities and possible futures. In some possibilities, he behaved himself, at least marginally, and in others he caused much chaos and destruction. Some possibilities included him as a victim to someone else's schemes while others portrayed him as the victor. However, even Reyginaga knew that these are only possibilities that are not set in stone; as certain choices are made, strands will disappear only to be replaced with others. All she can do is the make a choice and make sure it doesn't bite her in the metaphysical ass.

"Elitholi, my arachnid void-mate!"

"You must be very eager to enter this reality."

"No doubt that you may be too impatient to wait to be voted in."

"Why wait when you can enter as soon as possible?"

"Sure it'll cost you five acts but that's a small price to pay to enter expeditiously."

"To access this reality with alacrity."

"What say you?"

Offer Elitholi 5 Acts so that he can supply the other five to enter this universe but only if he decides to enter in such a way rather than to be voted in.

Turning her many-eyed glance toward the Original World, Reyginaga saw all of the creatures that lived on its surface. From the smallest herbivore to the tallest of the mortals. The idea of having a mortal race who will worship her intrigued her greatly. However, she became even more intrigued on the possibility of them living in the vacuum of space, on the Final Moon. Already she can see the stardrops that Nefertem planted on its surface long ago. All her mortals need is some variable sustenance.

Spend 1 Minor Act creating Crystaldrink bushes and another Minor Act creating Void-Honey trees.

Species name: Crystaldrink Bush
Physical Description: Resembling a huge clump of thick and leathery turquoise spikes, this magical plant produces water which is stored inside the spikes. It derives its energy from photosynthesis and can replace any water that is 'milked' from it within hours. It is hardy enough to survive in almost any hostile environment, including on a celestial body with no atmosphere.

Species name: Void-Honey Tree
Physical Description: A large plant with thick but stubby branches, the thick sap of this very hardy magical plant is a delicacy that provides so much energy in a small amount. Though its bark is leathery, it is durable enough to resist breakage.

Scattering the Crystaldrink bushes and Void-Honey trees where she will create her first species of mortals and some on the Original World as well, Reyginaga shifted through many possibilities until she came to a species she felt would best survive their existence on the Final Moon:

Spend 1 Act creating the Tardagradi.

Species name: Tardagradi
Physical Description: A species of six legged humanoids, the Tardagradi walk on their four rear legs and use their front legs, which have hands with six fingers. Having inverted conical heads with three eyes, the Tardagradi have shorter lifespans yet make up for it with faster population growth, with the exception of the Queens who can live for centuries. Covered in tough, chitinous exoskeletons that they shed when growing in size, the Tardagradi do not require external air to breath as they have a specialized respiratory system that produces the breathable gas needed, automatically venting to avoid explosive decompression. A caste system ensures that each Tardagradi is made to accomplish whatever job they are made for:

* Shaper: The smallest of the Tardagradi who produce a substance that can be shaped and harden to be used as a material for both building structures and tool-making. Shapers also perform all the basic tasks.

* Soldier: Tougher and stronger, the soldiers defend the Tardagradi from enemies as well as wage wars. In peacetime, they either engage in patrols or help the shapers with the heavy lifting.

* Oracle: Lithe but very intelligent, oracles are the physicians, scientists, priestesses, diplomats, and librarians of the Tardagradi. Second only to their queen in the amount of respect gained, oracles are closely tuned to Reyginaga herself and as befitting of their names can give supplicants prophecies. Male oracles are existent though very rare.

* Drone: Male Tardagradi who fertilize their queen's eggs, the drones usually linger close to her. However, they will fight ferociously to the last Tardagradi to protect their queen and can even dominate soldiers in combat.

* Queen: The largest and longest living of the Tardagradi, the queen's abdomen is always swollen with unfertilized eggs, ready to be laid and fertilized by the drones. Though there can be more than one queen in a Tardagradi colony, that only happens due to a mutual agreement between both queens. Usually, an upstart queen will challenge the reigning queen for ownership of the colony, which will result in a one-on-one duel between both queens that will not end until either one of them is dead or decides to leave with a group of her loyalists to establish a new colony elsewhere.

Characteristics:

- Caste system
- Tough exoskeletons
- Come in various shapes and size according to cast
- Fast population growth
- Short lifespans
- Specialized respiratory systems allow continued survival underwater and in space.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:15:26 am by Sir Elventide »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25