Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24237 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2017, 08:03:40 am »

Lazet, the answer is not always in front of you... sometimes, the key you are looking for is right beneath your feet.

Erin leaves five pickaxes behind before he leaves; each one is made of stone.

Erin also makes a trip to the Closed Eyes, not with the intent of preaching at or punishing them, but simply to talk with them. They're interesting.

Furthermore, he also goes to the Forut, with offers to take an expedition across the world to lands unknown. All he requests in return are twenty ebontree seeds (which will be planted near the City) as well as one tree's worth of ebonwood.

Finally, Bai Cha is sent a simple dream, an image of Erin and the City of Silver Skies.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:00:41 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2017, 08:36:24 am »

As Nefertem, in his guise as the Lord of Suffering, considers himself the most appropriate God – with experience already! – to deliver just punishment, he appears before the Fanelian from the Unnamed Tribe.

"I am Nefertem the Long Deep, and as surely as you have called upon me, I shall deliver justice upon the despotic. Tell me simply: what would you have me do? Then I shall make my decision."

Nefertem awaits an answer.

Some time afterward, however, when the matter has been fully dealt with, he will also grant Edel's wish as a Minor Act, and speak to him upon the Final Moon.

"Edel, my child, your wishes I shall gladly grant: but there is more that you may learn, a secret of the gods. After you have died, you will, like all those of my creation, exist in my land of colour and light, where my power is even greater yet than here. If you wish, I can simply grant you a restful eternity beyond suffering and care. But if, in contrast, you would like to do more, there are other options. You could return into being as a new life, leaving your old identity behind for a time to experience the world anew. Or, as a personal favour from me, I will invest you, if you so choose, with a portion of my great power, making you a new being – yet still yourself – capable of great works in my name; to watch over your fellow Andilauss, perhaps, or indeed to do whatever you desire so long as it accords with my will (and I know I can trust you thus).

However. With power comes understanding, and understanding is not always everything we hoped it would be. Truly, strange as it may seem, I fear disappointing you when the gauzy wrapping of mortality is lifted from your eyes, for I take great pride in my creations and pride is all too easily wounded. Therefore I beseech you, on the level of an equal, for in your years you have earned this privilege: if you choose this path, please promise that you will extend me your faith and trust even through the changes you experience, knowing that I, with naked candor, here upon a moon so far from home where ceremony falls away, tell you that I have always done as I believed, and hoped, was best.
"

Here, too, Nefertem waits patiently for a response.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »

Lungs:
Bai Cha prays to Mavnon:
"Mavnon, what is Tian Shu's secret? His talent is unnatural, unlike anything any Lung has ever done. This is not something a Lung could have earned by himself or through others... I pray that you show me an answer."

Once again, another hapless mortal receives yet another strange dream. In this case, Bai Cha finds himself reclining on a very comfortable stone formation, with a pipe feeding directly into their gills. The dark liquid flowing into him tasted bitter...but he felt more invigorated than ever.

A white Lung reclines opposite to them, stuffed to the gills with more of the coffee pipes.

Coffee:
A wonder, no?

In any case, little roe,
a great spirit of great flow,
has taught them, you know.

The  spirit has visited you,
Shown you a vision true,
Without path or hue,
To this city it drew.

Now, I ask,
Do you wish for a task,
To lumber unto land,
learning a mastery...

...Or do you wish
for simplicity's sake,
for ardour's conquest
and ambition's make ?

Minor Act: Analyse meteors for chemical composition.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:48:02 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2017, 03:50:33 pm »

Nefertem inspects the fundamental nature of the meteors thoroughly as a Minor Act, taking care to fully note everything inside them.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:01:34 pm by Maximum Spin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2017, 04:02:39 pm »

Mavnon chortled in a maddened ecstasy.

The Meteors!
They're full of Life!
Monstrous Life!

They are no rocks,
no random stones,
but directed ships,
from lands unknown!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »

You may be thinking of the wrong reality, Mavnon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »

Perhaps?
Perhaps!

Spin! Spin! Spin!

Chance your Luck!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2017, 04:15:52 pm »

Regrettably, the lunatic poetaster isn't lying. The meteors contain monsters of varying power, some perhaps nearing Greater Monster status, though the meteors cloak their power and make it hard to be sure. I'm reasonably confident they aren't stronger than that, though.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2017, 05:14:09 pm »

Looking to the skies, Shal muses heavily...

Hmm... To shoot it down or merely put it in orbit?... I need more knowledge on this...

Investigate the possible futures of the 'meteors' heading for the planet.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:44:38 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2017, 06:17:42 pm »

Cerediron will Incarnate, and spend 3 Power on a Minor Global Blessing across the Rifja.

The blessing will take the form of creative inspiration, causing a rapid explosion of more advanced technologies across their civilization, manifesting in those who do not destroy. (i.e., "I the Rifja" gets nothing). The ones who receive the blessing will also know which god sent the blessing.

A similar, but Major Regional, Blessing will be laid on the Tribe of Forut, using 3 Power.
Almost the same as the first one, but this blessing will pass to all members of the tribes, through the generations, and will be generally stronger, leading to more innovation.

Another Major Regional Blessing will be laid on the Tribe of Akhrath, still using 3 Power.
This blessing will also convey the knowledge of the god that sent the blessing, but will be granted only to those who are truly peaceful and wish no harm on others, and convey the same inspiration to produce more advanced technology, but with additional inspiration to construct some basic types of armor.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:26:52 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2017, 08:36:32 pm »

I go, and I create a minor law over the whole world.
Next, I Project into the mortal plane and state...
"Faction of Hypocrisy; Lu, the great god of winged beasts and those who were once dead, was planning on moving you to lands shaped by his hands, thus I had my followers start the process of removing you, who would be so prideful to ask the gods do slay others for you in the name of peace, from the lands of their claim. Do you wish to stay on lands stained with the blood of many who died for war, or would you leave so you would find better lands? I ask now, for those who wish for power without action will find only death given to them."

Spoiler: New Law (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:08:20 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2017, 09:30:35 pm »

If these meteors contain beasts of power rivalling a Greater Monster, surely destroying them would not be the end of the aliens' cosmic incursion. Send them into the Sun, I say.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2017, 09:36:31 pm »

I've already gotten one diverted to the moon, the two that are dropping in uninhabited areas are just there for ship repairs, and the fourth is landing in the ocean to sample the kinds of organisms we've got.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2017, 10:35:56 pm »

Reading the strains of fate, Reyginaga saw where the meteors would land. Though she couldn't alter their courses due to saving the rest of her divine power for other things, she was grateful that they didn't caused catastrophic damage to any of the mortal civilizations where they landed. However, though she couldn't have known that Elitholi's entry into this reality would allow those meteors to enter in the first place, this was the least of her concern. Her concerns laid with the survival of her worshipers and what the meteors' arrival meant for everyone.

Spend 3 Acts creating Ysalith, The Pale Hierophant.

Mustering the Acts within herself, Reyginaga sought to create a Servant who can act as the caretaker of the Tardigradi and help protect them from any threats. Ysalith resembles an alabaster feminine humanoid with three red eyes arranged in an inverted triangle on her face. Having long, translucent hair that seem to form subtle blends of color if the observer looks long enough, Ysalith has no mouth on her face. Instead, she has a mouth on each of her palms that allows her to create and manipulate a crystalline substance.

After contemplating the essence that would eventually become Ysalith, Reyginaga spent three of her Acts to create a Servant that is a partial embodiment at best of her spheres:

• Ysalith will have the ability to glimpse the tides of fate on an instinctive level. This will allow her to detect her foes' moves a few seconds into the future, allowing her to react appropriately. Ysalith can also commune with Reyginaga to make prophesies with greater accuracy than the Tardagradi oracles.
  • Ysalith will have a thorough understanding of the natural laws that govern the universe. This will allow her to teach the oracles and anyone else how to use these forces to their advantage, mainly by developing and improving technologies. Ysalith can also instinctively gauge an individual's level of understanding to avoid overloading them with knowledge they don't fully comprehend yet.
  • Ysalith will have the ability to either inspire others to great deeds or to crush their drive by speaking in a certain tone. This ability;
     however, doesn't affect gods, greater servants, and greater monsters/abominations.

Condensing the completed essence into an amorphous blob, Reyginaga placed it in one of her mouths and spat it onto the Original World, just a few miles from the Tardagradi. This blob will form into Ysalith within a few minutes, who will then go show the Tardigradi how much The Oracle From Beyond cares about them.

Name: Ysalith
Class: The Pale Hierophant
Description: A feminine humanoid with three red eyes, smooth alabaster skin, long translucent hair, and a mouth on each of her hands.
Powers:

• Ability to predict the actions of enemies a few seconds in the future.
  • Can predict future events with more certainty than the oracles.
  • Thorough understanding of the universe's laws and of the learner's own understanding.
  • Can encourage or discourage lesser and equivalent beings by speaking in a certain tone.
  • Can create and manipulate a hard crystalline substance.

Condense 1 Act into that of Fate and Probability.

Reyginaga felt that the meteors required her attention. According to her vast stores of knowledge, asteroids are generally nothing more than space rocks which become meteors when they entered a planet's atmosphere. They are either the remnants of a destroyed solid celestial body or the leftover detritus of a solar system or planet that has undergone accretion, destined to orbit a massive enough object or to travel among the stars. In other words, these meteors are natural and inanimate objects which couldn't have crossed the barrier of their universe and into the void on their own power. She believed that some force was at play here...

Reading the strands concerning the meteors, Reyginaga saw that they were just mundane objects in one possibility. In another, they were filled with valuable minerals and metals and, in a third, they were the vessels of harmless creatures. In one possibility, these creatures were friendly and in another, they were hostile. However, though Reyginaga can freely consider all possibilities, she realized that she needed to use a Act if she wanted to detect any possible strands that remained hidden even from her many eyes. Needless to say, Reyginaga applied herself even more.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:36:16 pm by Sir Elventide »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2017, 10:46:44 pm »

"I will attempt to divine the significance of this cosmic event, Erin." Reyginaga begin to speak.

"Perchance this phenomenon is mundane?"

"Or maybe this is a close encounter with the invasive kind?"

"One way to find out!"

"We mustn't hesitate to react with expedience if we wished to remain in power if they are a clear threat."

"If we desired continued sovereignty and they are considered a calamitous eventuality."

"And for our mortals' existences."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:53:36 pm by Sir Elventide »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25