Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24252 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2017, 07:36:07 pm »

Quill, as long as you bring no harm to them, you are welcome to set yourself up among my Andilauss. I will tell them that you are a God and my ally, and that you will be helpful to them. Please don't try to wrest away their devotion, however, until their population has grown enough that they can sustain us both.
Many thanks, Nefertem.
After his wandering, Erin will go to the land of the Andilauss, with a symbol to show Neferetem's support. He will then proceed to establish a Realm, the City of Silver Skies, where all are welcome and no faith shall be restricted.
Erin is still thinking about where to put his Realm.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:12:19 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2017, 07:42:51 pm »

Wise words indeed Limikarrat, we are far too new parents to truly know what is best. It is for this reason I seek prudence and peace. Death is almost always the End. A finality that is rarely overcome, and even one triumphs over it, they merely extend the struggle. All things come to an End, if death is avoided, it will return eventually. Therefore, if death comes early and swift, that is the end. Nothing else may be achieved or accomplished. No joy felt, or future to be had. War and death are final, and with finality, little else may be done.

I do not fight death, I embrace it, but war brings the End all too soon. If we are to guide these mortal souls into the future, we should give them a fair and long period to grow in and experience this world.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2017, 07:54:02 pm »

Ah, dear Limikarrat, perhaps I spoke too soon of Cerediron's benevolence. I am afraid I must inform you that he has been acting with a strong suggestion of hostility toward you and has been trying to rile the other Greater Ones against you secretly, because, I believe, he thinks he's above you. Make of this what you will.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:16:20 pm by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2017, 08:02:14 pm »

*facepalm* Can we not go about and try to provoke divine combat right now? We literally only just finished up the whole mess with the Titans.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2017, 08:06:40 pm »

I'm hoping Cerediron will back down, not to provoke war. I'd rather not have this hostility flare up again.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2017, 08:11:09 pm »

"Erin, I will give you the use of an army of lesser servants specialized in construction and other trades, if you were to settle between the tribes who worship me and the tribes who worship Lu."
My new servants will be ordered to work on constructing temples to me and Lu around areas Fanelians who worship one of the two of us live. unless erin needs them more.
"And Please shut up Nefertem, you enlightened buffoon, we all know that he has said nothing in a long while."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2017, 08:13:27 pm »

As said, I've said no such things. Lie if you wish. I'll have no part in your schemes, Nefertem.

Come, Limikarrat, you have not answered me. If I am to learn from your truths and help you with your errors, I must first hear your objections.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2017, 08:17:33 pm »

I am less scheming than you are pompous, at least.

In any case. Limikarrat, I do not wish to be your enemy. Frankly, I don't even mind what you've told those Fanelians very much, although I'd've preferred you didn't. But I want very much to try to reassure you that, while my methods have often been drastic, my motives haven't been malevolent. I continue to beg your forgiveness.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:23:54 pm by Maximum Spin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2017, 08:19:19 pm »

-
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2017, 08:21:01 pm »

*tired* Can we please not?

"Erin, I will give you the use of an army of lesser servants specialized in construction and other trades, if you were to settle between the tribes who worship me and the tribes who worship Lu."
My new servants will be ordered to work on constructing temples to me and Lu around areas Fanelians who worship one of the two of us live. unless erin needs them more.
"And Please shut up Nefertem, you enlightened buffoon, we all know that he has said nothing in a long while."
Erm. I'll... I'll be considering it. I didn't realize that I'd have people arguing over the... privilege to have their worshippers worship me as well.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:32:57 pm by Glass »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:23 pm »

"Its more a case of having a neutral party whom might protect the followers of one or the other when all goes wrong in the right place, and not in a place where all the sentient life is already taken."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2017, 09:08:12 pm »

I'm fine with this, as I'd like to see the populations meet and merge eventually, and Erin doesn't seem the type to hoard his improvements and not bless others with them.

Stricken by an unrelated impulse, Nefertem burns an Act for 2 Power and creates an army of lesser servants which he calls the Guides of Light. Living in the Divine Plane, they possess an essential mandate to seek out lost souls and show them the way to any Realm the Guides know about. Eh, never mind, looks like Niké has the afterlife pretty locked up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:57:08 pm by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2017, 09:22:15 pm »

Very well, and thank you both.
After his wandering, Erin will set up his Realm in the location specified by Akrathh. It will be the City of the Silver Skies, where all are welcome, and no faith is restricted.
Furthermore, the construction daemans will be put to work building infrastructure, such as roads and housing. There will be a few temples to Lu, Akrathh, and Erin, but they are less important than the infrastructure.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2017, 09:44:35 pm »

Paying little attention to the mortals below or its fellow divine peers' squabbles, Niké at once begins to work on the laws of the universe, touching the fabric of the thing that so recently birthed it, to make it into something strong and unable to be ignored.

Expending 3 Cycle Acts, 1 Torpor Act and 1 Growth Act, Niké creates the Codex of Niké.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That being done, hopefully, Niké expends the last of his Power, 4 in total, to craft two Heroic-class Servants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He creates Nolei in his Realm and Kuli just above the Original World. He tells Nolei to process and grant souls' wishes, and tells Kuli to bring Summer and Winter to the Original World.

Additionally, if he is able, he creates several regular scrolls, with his Codex written on each. Granting them to Kuli, he tells him to preach the Three Laws to those who are willing to listen.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:59:05 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2017, 05:32:19 pm »

Slips Acter 1 power.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25