Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Calamities of the new gods  (Read 6282 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calamities of the new gods
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 06:19:04 pm »

Spoiler: Main text (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: areas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: gods (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 06:36:59 pm »

I can appreciate a strong-willed people; they wish to improve themselves, and though it is not necessarily for the best that they refuse help, their success so far is certainly admirable.
However, it would not do to allow any to starve...

Act 1: create fish in the Bay, making sure they can and will spread to the Rivershore
Act 2: cause another Innovative Discovery amongst the Vri of the Plains
Minor Act: send a dream to some of the Bay Vri showing them of the creatures now swimming in the water and river
Minor Act: bless the Vri craftsmen with good dreams, and show my approval
(you said sending dreams is a minor act)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:38:43 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 06:44:24 pm »

For now Lu simply bides his time, his power spent. He watches and waits for Atu to gather followers as he roams across the plains. He spends his time sending dreams to mortals showing them that Lu gave them the boomerang.

Send dreams to the Vri Chieftain and a few other Vri still in the plains showing them how Lu gifted the Vri The First Boomerang.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:23:36 pm by Roboson »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 07:08:29 pm »

"Terrification is only a apart of the consciousness, consciousness is a limiter to the great. Many must learn, must grow, must sacrifice.

Minor Act (Move to the Plains)
Create a species of the first bird of existence, the Veld Vultures, scavenger were lacking in the current ecosystems. These abnormally sized bird were of the size of large dogs, reaching about in 4 ft of toe to neck in their prime. They eat anything that hasn't been digested, the reed weeds to human/grass eater corpses. Their main purpose was to eat all the dead things, to let the new new things anew . These things are highly feral and guarded of their food, but they have the intelligence of a raven. They could use simple tools and mimic the voices of other sentients with their languages, with a weird crow-bark from their mouths.
First Act: Create the Veld Vultures in the Plains, a intelligence and feral-bird that flies and eats anything that isn't already taken. They devour Vri and Grass Eater Corpses as they fly across the tribes waiting for them to drop dead, or they eat the Reed Grasses if they appetite isn't sated enough. Also quite protective of their food that they are digesting. They have the intelligence to fly in packs and hunt grass-grazers, but it isn't a common method for these birds.

Minor Act (Reveal my Existence upon the Vri Wisemen)
Secondly, create the first servant of X'arilyg, a preacher. X'arilyg dawned upon the wise-man who survived his experience with schizophrenia. X'arilyg was impressed and instead of slaughtering the insect, X'arilyg persuaded and altered the physiology of the Vri wisemen. He became much slightly more muscular than of other his kind, an innate hidden ability of magic, and a great presence within him. X'arilyg proclaimed that as a wise-man it is his duty to serve the God of the True Mind. That he must enthrall more followers into serving the God of the True Mind.
Second Act: Make the Vri Wiseman into my Servant, alter his physiology so that he has 5 Preaching,  and 1 Fighting. Induce into the mind of the Wiseman that it is to serve the God of the True Mind is its will, and it must convert followers of his tribe and others of his kind to worship me. Or if the True Mind succumb from existence, that life would lose its individualism, and that it's collectivism nature will create a sterile world that will lack progress of the mind. Secondly, make another Vri of the tribe from the Wiseman, into a 1 Healing that will help advise the Wiseman. (-2 from # of Servants, -7 from Traits)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:05:23 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 09:23:51 pm »

Mithra saw its children spread across the its heartland, and was brought joy from this. However it still saw that they lived hardscrabble lives with no change to build anything lasting as they traveled, following the grass eaters. Mithra cried a tear as it watched their struggle and hardship. This divine tear fell into the heartland and where it struck the ground it's divine essence and feelings for the Vri was soaked into the local flora. Within a few days the plants it had landed on changed, growing into crude Vri-like shape made of dirt bound with Mithra wheat. The first servants of Mithra were born.

The first shape to claw it's way out of the ground was born of Mithras love for the Vri. The Healer. It was a pure expression of Mithras powers to heal, and had the ability to heal afflictions mundane and magical with a single touch.

The second shape to claw it's way out of the ground was born of Mithras despair at the hard life the Vri lived and it's desire to improve their lot. The Teacher. It had access to a portion of Mithras knowledge of the world, and it's purpose was to teach those that would listen of how to improve themselves.

The third shape to claw it's way out of the ground was born of Mithras desires for all it's children to know of itself and it's promise of a better life. The Preacher. It had the touch of Mithras divine charisma, and it's purpose was to travel the world and spread the knowledge of Mithra and the heartland.

This divine act of creation drained Mithra, and it's tear shed, it slept. But now it's new servants were free to act, and act they did.

The Healer would travel the Heartlands, healing those it can find, never staying with one group or people for too long, as it spread the gift of Mithra to those it could find.

The Teacher would seek out groups of Vri that worshiped Mithra in the heart lands, there it would teach them how to grind Mithras grain into a nourishing substance, and further how to plant it to grow in field, to keep those fields free of pests and other plants, to transition from their lives of subsistence hunting and gathering to farming. The first step to Mithras civilization would be the creation of surplus food for her worshipers.

The Preacher would at first travel the heartlands, talking to the worshipers of Mithra and learning from them, but once farming had started in the lands it would seek out far afield, taking the word of Mithra and it's blessings to others. Telling them of the blessings of Mithra. Of the abundance of food and health in the heartlands for those that wished to go and join the communities of worshipers there.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:37:13 am by Criptfeind »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:52 pm »

Lu seemed fairly displeased with his neighbor. While the other gods fled the plains to create areas of their own, only Lu and X'arilyg remained. Of the two gods, it appeared that they were the least kind and the least gentle. And yet, Lu was still perturbed by the actions of the other god. I warn you Twister of Words, God of Lies, I will not take kindly to your brainwashing of these people. They are the strong and the hearty, and that makes them mine. I encourage you to abandon your foolhardy corruption of the wiseman and subsequent perversion of the strongest plainsmen. It shant end well for you. However, perhaps some agreement could be made...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:04:54 am by Roboson »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 03:14:13 am »

Exkit smouldered. Not that there was anything unusual about that. But he could feel the fire building within. Not today, not tomorrow, but eventually, it would be unleashed. Before that time came, he would have to ensure things would survive the outburst.
Himself, for one. His fiery spirit required sustenance, in the form of worship. The Vri would suffice, but they would need to be informed.

Reaching again into the lava, he drew out pure obsidian, which he molded into the shape of a large, imposing Vri. Once cooled, he set to work creating the finer details- carefully carving patterns into its surface, until one could almost mistake the statue for a living Vri, so lifelike was its appearance. It would, of course, have to be a Vri whose every feature was black as night.
Leaving the figure for now, he returned to the molten rock, and repeated the process, creating a slightly smaller Vri (compared to the first). When the two were finished, he stood them side by side, then let the fire flow from his body into the motionless beings. The fire filled them up, until their eyes glowed, and flames could be glimpsed within their open mouths. As it did so, they came to life- slowly at first, with shaky, unnatural movements, but becoming smoother and more natural as their transformation progressed.
Exkit looked upon his work, and was satisfied. He named the first Stob, who would be a preacher, and the second Mosk, who would be a craftsman. Neither could be considered mighty titans, yet their powers would outstrip most mortals.
He bid Stob travel the mountains, to bring the mortals knowledge of Exkit, who gave them fire, and to tell them of the gifts they might receive by visiting Diaq, encouraging them to place the volcano on their migratory paths.
Mosk he placed lower on the slopes, to await the first pilgrims, whom he would provide with obsidian crafts- axes and spears, mostly- and attempt to teach the secret of their creation.

Act: Create Servant(s): Stob (Lvl 4 Preacher) & Mosk (Lvl 3 Crafter)
Send Stob to preach in the mountains, sending the Vri on pilgrimages to Diaq. Mosk will provide the Vri with tools and weapons.

Now that he was expecting guests, it behoved him to make his realm more hospitable.
Volcanic ash was one of Exkit's favourite things. Born from fire, it gave rise to life like no other- an aspirational substance. Tweaking the properties of Diaq, he made it so the mountain would regularly (every decade or so) spew out clouds of ash, that would rain down upon the slopes and valleys surrounding it, making the land fertile, encouraging plant growth.

Act: Fertilise Diaq with volcanic ash.

Yet what would grow and live in his newly fertile garden? Mountain potatoes alone would make a monotonous fare. Exkit had a knowledge of the other gods, and knew of one who could help him. He left Diaq, heading through the mountains to the great valley of Ignus. There, he knelt before Gnyr, and spoke:

"GNYR. I seek your aid.", he said, clenching his fists.
"Two things I would ask of you.", he continued, tone furious.
"One: That I may take seedlings of fire-spice back to Diaq, for it has my aspect, and should grow well on Diaq's heated flanks."
"Two: That you should create for me a beast capable of surviving in the mountains, that will eat of the potato and spice, and be most edible to others in turn."
"In exchange, I will craft for you an artifact, as soon as the prayers of the mortals invigorate my spirit!", concluded the blazing deity, all but shouting the final words.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:07:19 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 09:59:25 am »

The nerve of some people. Tea was amazing, teas was great. Primitive as they were, surely they saw how wonderful it was. She sighed however and supposed that she would have to convince them in time. First she would need to win their trust and see how they lived before making any more 'rash' actions.

1 Minor Act: Move to the Plains
1 Minor Act: Attempt to join a tribe and try to convince them that I'll do what is expected of a tribe member as well as help with my 'spirit' powers. Make it clear that I will never ask them to leave the tribe and that I simply wish to learn more about their people.
?? Minor Acts: Help around my adopted tribe.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:13:00 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 10:45:48 am »

As Mithra woke from its slumber it saw the world again. In so many places the world seemed to thrive, even the volcano that fiery god created had life growing on it. The one blotch on the world seemed to be a monster who roamed the central plains. A creature that should not be, pet to one of the other gods. It was horrible to behold, a horrid beast that moved among the mortals. A greater threat to Mithras children did not exist in this world, and Mithra knew it needed to act.

Mithas essence approached the master of that beast. The terrifying god Lu. Appearing to it Mithra gleamed with glorious divine light as it spoke. "I see you have created a monster of strength and magic, and now you send it among the Vri to terrify and harm them. This can not be allowed to pass. Their health and well being is of my utmost concern, I can not allow you to let such a dangerous creature to roam freely. Reign in it, and cause it to do no harm, or I must take action against it."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:05:00 am by Criptfeind »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 11:16:46 am »

A threat from the god of health in defense of the god of insanity. Does this world know yet any greater farce? I think not. If you would abandon you sphere of power and commit to the ruination of these mortals, what kind of god would you be? The swift death that Atu brings for some is minor when compared to the the vitality and health he grants the majority. He simply slays those who are already weak and unhealthy. A culling of the herd to ensure the wellbeing of future generations. When levied against the impending insanity and pain that the Lying Twister would bring, this is simply a minor sacrifice. Cut away the tumor, do not allow it to grow and fester. Would you not agree king of health?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

"The sins of one does not excuse the sins of another. Compete with your strength of mind and tongue against the tentacled one if you wish, for I hold no love for it either and I will prepare myself and my people to heal the afflictions he lays upon the world. But your beast is far greater a threat to my children then its spreading malaise, at least at the moment. I can no condone harm done to the undeserving, no matter your judgement on their strength... If you must reject those that you think weak from your service and assistance, fine, but destroying them is not only an act of harm I simply can not ignore, it destroys any potential for them in the future... Perhaps to put it in terms you might understand, a weak man can still have a strong son. A weak man can still contribute to society and find ways to help the strong. They can think, they can grow, they can learn to either be strong someday. Giving those that wish it a chance to gain strength is something I can approve, as the strong can better stay healthy and build their lives, but forcing them to do it with a giant beast is unconscionable. Give them a choice. Destroying those that do not follow you is worse then the actions of the twisted one."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 11:51:17 am »

A strong son, hmmmm. That is an interesting position to hold. I could see a free Vri having a strong son, and I can see a strong Vri having a strong son, but an insane Vri? His son would too be weak and sickly, coupled with the same insanity that plagued it's father, or perhaps it's forefather. Insanity is a weakness of the mind, one that is not limited to the mind of the one, but may leap to the minds of the many.
An insane man would have an insane son, and both could infect others with madness. Would Atu not be a medicine then? He's sent to ensure that the infection does not spread and that the wounds do not fester.
One must cut away the green flesh to keep the infection from killing the body. Is this not so?
Atu could be convinced to spare those who are weak, but it would be unhealthy to leave those who are most vulnerable to the rot of the mind to be infected. If Atu spares them, and leaves them for X'arilyg they will be most easily infected, and not only will they suffer, but so too will their sons and those who they come across in the future. This could not be healthy.

I could permit Atu to go hungry, however, to leave the vulnerable to be infected would lead to a great weak sickness for them and all those who come after them. If you can ensure they will not be infected and their minds weakened, then I can spare them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 12:06:58 pm »

"People are not a disease. No matter what issues they maybe have. Death is not a medicine. The spread of insanity from an insane god is worrisome to me, but your cure is worse then the disease. I have already said that I shall do what I can to prevent the the twisted ones and it's ways from harming the world, but equally I must do what I can to prevent you and your ways from creating harm! To mine eyes you are the same. Your selfish quest for strength that you force upon others is an insanity as bad as what the tentacled one brings, and yet if they resist you, they die. If they reject you they are cursed. Even the twisted god does not go so far. So I say, at the least you must put yourself on the level of the twisted god before you argue against it. Do not kill those that reject you. Do not curse those that turn away from you. I shall cure all I may of any affliction I can, do not force your quest for strength so strongly upon those that do not wish it that it is too an affliction upon the world."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 12:14:34 pm »

It seems we have reached a disagreement then. Insanity is a disease, and it is quite preventable if not allowed to take hold. It makes those who are infected weak and a danger to those around them. The propensity their harm is limitless, while the propensity of harm from the dead is nothing.

Though, none of this matters, for it seems we do not disagree on the spirit of the argument. Neither of us wish to see insanity plague our people. So I offer you a compromise. Atu will resist eating the weak to the best of it's capabilities, and will neither curse them nor harm them. However, you must take in the weak instead of letting them fall to X'arilyg. Perhaps under your guidance you can show me this strong son principle.
Furthermore, those plagued with insanity and seek to spread it to the healthy must either be cured, quarantined, or destroyed (in order of preference) to prevent the spread of the disease. Can you agree to these terms and take charge of the weak?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 12:33:59 pm »

"Insanity...

Lu, I will do what I can to cure those who need it. That is my nature as much as it is your nature to seek out the strong. There is no question of that. I will send a messenger to the area that your Monster roams looking for strength, to spread my word alongside your and against that of the twisted one. But you must not consume those that reject us both. Not even those that accept the words of the twisted one. If they live, there is still hope that I may cure them in the future. If you destroy them, there is no hope for them left at all. Someday, eventually, all will be cured... But if some fall now I can not condone destroying them."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8