Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: AVATAR PROPHECY  (Read 17844 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: AVATAR LEGEND [Character Sheets]
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2017, 08:59:49 pm »

"But I still think Charon would be capable of it."

Hell. Pit. Also:
"And finally it can just be achieved with the demon in the game as has already been done and world of avatars when Nightmare made a deal with Merseth," It's real funny that you think Nightmare was a Demon, since the origin I thought up for him has nothing to do with Demonic presence. Whoopsie-poopsie! Ah, well, you know what they say about assumptions: It makes an ass out of you, and the other guy laughs. Maybe you should have asked, since I never specified It was.

"But I have to choose four difficulty settings for the gameplay mechanics."

I don't want to replace Charon. I want to provide an out. How about this: Sub-Death Rules. Basically, imagine if someone Permadeaths, but both the player and the GM liked that character. So, instead of making a sheet adjustment, something turns up that does something to bring them back in some way. No one has to alter sheets or replace Beholders: The GM makes the decision and, even in-character, it's the entity choosing that character, not the other way around. Okay?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2017, 09:00:18 pm »

Satan is also the most essential embodiment of 'Evil'. Since these four characters I've chosen represent difficulty settings, not necessarily your characters alignment. Choosing Satan doesn't quite fit. I am sorry this is an issue that has upset you so much I really tried to get your feedback as much as I could but I've got something that's holding together well bounces off each other in a way that makes sense. And because you think Satan is cooler than death it's just not enough good enough reason to throw it all out and start over I have literally spent this whole day doing this. I got to go to work tomorrow I don't know when I'm going to get back to this it's good. It's Crystal. it's gold and I made a cool little thing I typed up a lot of s*** I'm done man I don't get paid for this s*** I love doing this but you're just not giving me any good enough compelling enough reason and yes you can do whatever the hell you want in your chapter and anything you want. Leave it dude.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2017, 09:03:54 pm »

"But I have to choose four difficulty settings for the gameplay mechanics."

I don't want to replace Charon. I want to provide an out. How about this: Sub-Death Rules. Basically, imagine if someone Permadeaths, but both the player and the GM liked that character. So, instead of making a sheet adjustment, something turns up that does something to bring them back in some way. No one has to alter sheets or replace Beholders: The GM makes the decision and, even in-character, it's the entity choosing that character, not the other way around. Okay?

Anything labeled permadeath should be final.

This is actually a matter where the mythos of Charon shines. He is literally the oarsman on the boat on the River of Styx. He is the person that people have in mythology gone to to make contracts to bring someone back to life.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2017, 09:10:35 pm »

If what you need to see happen is Satan to be added to these options, or replace Charon/Death then I won't be able to oblige that. He can still appear in any capacity that you think he needs in your chapter.

But Satan making agreements with Charon to bring someone back or just Charon doing it himself I definitely think that's possible. Death could appear in front of his party members and give them an option I see no problem with that.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2017, 09:23:36 pm »

I already said I don't want to replace him! Are you even reading these? Jesus fucking Christ!

But fine, that's all I wanted to know. Seriously. All I wanted to know is if I could make him appear to make revival deals or have storylines. You're the one who wanted to try to go on about "My plans" and shit. Jeez.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2017, 09:25:53 pm »

If you're upset that my post that's posted literally seconds after yours is not a complete and direct reply, as if it was being written at the same time as your post. Youre probably right.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2017, 09:29:35 pm »

Are we good? I'm not willing to go through all the insults but if you want to summarize your main points that you might be concerned might not be making it in as things are go for it.

Edit: I got upset because I was litterally putting the cherry on top of a process I thought we already concluded. I had a thematic synergy I was excited about.

Obviously I value your opinion, or I wouldn't get upset when it conflicts with my own.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:46:33 pm by roseheart »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2017, 10:10:06 pm »

Yeah, we're good. Let me summarize, though: I don't want the difficulty to come before the Lore.

What I mean is, this is a player-driven game: GMs are pulled from the players and we make the storyline as we see fit. Having Freya, Fortuna, Charon, and Armok as the names of the difficulties is fine, as that is what each one represents. But in my eyes, that limits the potential for Lore. What if the current GM wants to have a storyline regarding an around an artifact of Mars? None of those Gods are Roman!

What I'm getting it at with all of this is that saying that the Difficulties are the chosen pantheon limits us more than it possibly could you. You have your story in place for those guys, but I don't. I want to use The Devil, because the mythological story of Lucifer lends itself to storylines: He's a Fallen Angel who was cast down to what is now called Hell as both it's Leader and Greatest Prisoner. I don't want him to replace Charon as a difficulty, I want him to be included in the game's world(s).

I thought of a compromise, so we may both have our cake and everyone is forced to eat it in some elaborate Saw trap: The difficulties can stay the difficulties, but the Lore takes credence over what happens. You say Charon and Lucifer would have the same function? Then let's put it up to the GM! Say someone chooses that revival. Rather than Charon coming to make a deal, it's Lucifer who comes by. That way, the basic gist of revival via deal can still be in place, but the actual results of the d6 and the dialogue can fit the GM's wishes along with the character they choose. And it won't be just Charon. Replace Armok with Ares, the God of War: Rather than being driven by the blood, they are driven by the rage to keep going.

Also, yes, Permadeath is permadeath. But I think, with that system, there should be a way for them to come back. Charon/Lucifer/Osiris could resurrect you or a teammate anyway, in exchange for some sort of favor, like killing a powerful enemy for them. If they die doing that, Permadeath kicks in. If they win, they keep going. In any case, though, the Lore takes credence over the Difficulty as it should, as in my mind, telling a good story is better than the sum of the mechanics. It's about the interesting angle.

TL;DR: Creativity might be lacking, have specifics be the GM's wishes while the basic gist is the same. Also, yes, people who permadeath can still die, but if it'll make a better story, say "Fuck it" and send OsiRonCifer to bring them back in exchange for making them slay a Doranith Hellbeast with a toothpick.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2017, 11:11:18 pm »

Permadeath is permanent death, and that should be honored and final.

However everything related to contracts and quests will be possible for other difficulty settings.

I come from the school where mechanics take seat over lore(aka immersion) however it is still possible to do both well, like Metal Gear has silly controls tutorials, you still feel immersed(or I do).

If you would like some being to take over for one or more of the summoners, ok. However only Charon open to interpretation with the contracts enough for some wiggle room. Call them who you will, say the others are on vacation. Fine. But when a player chooses a difficulty setting/damage setting those mechanics must be fullfilled, even if needed, at expense of the lore. Character death should not be taken lightly. Exponentially so, for a game about your Bay 12 account avatar.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2017, 11:48:52 pm »

"However only Charon open to interpretation with the contracts enough for some wiggle room."

...I...I have no idea what you just said.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2017, 12:11:01 am »

"However only Charon is open to interpretation with the contracts enough for some wiggle room."

That should answer your question.

Edit: Check teh OP why donchya!
Edit edit: really tho, I added stuff to it on these matters.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:29:54 pm by roseheart »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2017, 04:22:58 pm »

I'm sorry I've been feeling physically awful, could you put me on autopilot for a few days?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2017, 07:28:53 pm »

Yup

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2017, 12:09:42 am »

Perhaps Greatness it would be good for you now to put your spin on the story. Would you like to dabble? And I'll make a character?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2017, 12:57:59 am »

You mean, I'll GM? Alright! Sure, I accept. It will give me the drive to update my three usual games, too. In fact, I already have a bit of a storyline/story arc in mind.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18