Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34803 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2017, 09:55:22 am »

Maybe try an IC argument for my character?

I really don't see any reason for my character to help.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2017, 10:11:48 am »

I'm helping!
...sort of.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2017, 10:14:52 am »

"Helping" by driving the Acterians further into darkness, because now they know that if they run scared for long enough, the darkness will rip them away from everything they've ever known.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2017, 10:51:16 am »

Ugh, searching through the darkness randomly, that has to be fun. Let's hope that Kol is found soon so that Armiles can leave the caves. I'm pretty sure she weighs a few tonnes and those constant earthquakes cannot be fun. Didn't think the Acterians would attempt to attack Armiles, poor poor Acterians...

Well.

Say, Roboson. How do you view our rivalry? Is it the sort where you will contradict me regardless of my actions just because I'm the one taking them?
I ask, because it seems to me like your Phopu are really just asking for the gentle guidance of the goddess of wisdom. But I'd really rather not make things more of a clusterfuck by opening a gambit over the fate of the treefolk.

So, Glass. We're on the same side in the Acterian/Kol gambit, right? We both want Armiles to leave the Acterians alone. Think we can work together in this, or does Acter blame Phalanalin for the whole mess despite it not being her fault?

@NUKE: Nah, Lu doesn't care what you do as long as it doesn't mess with his toys. I think wanton meddling with the phopu would cause a gambit, depending on what you wanted to do. Perhaps some sort of agreement could be made.

@Glass + NUKE: Armiles just wants Kol back. If he is given to Armiles alive, then Armiles would leave. However, I'd hate to think of what Armiles would be like if she no longer had a purpose to pursue. She seems like the kind of demigod to get rather upset if she fails her task...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:38:46 am by Roboson »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2017, 02:08:47 pm »

"Helping" by driving the Acterians further into darkness, because now they know that if they run scared for long enough, the darkness will rip them away from everything they've ever known.
Now, see, you're just biased against the Darkness. The Acterians love the Darkness. What's so great about the Light, anyway?
(But seriously, what's wrong with the darkness?)

@NUKE: Nah, Lu doesn't care what you do as long as it doesn't mess with his toys. I think wanton meddling with the phopu would cause a gambit, depending on what you wanted to do. Perhaps some sort of agreement could be made.
Well, I was thinking of teaching the Holy Ones a few things. Irrigation, writing, construction. This game being what it is, I suppose there's a 25% chance that this will drive them all insane, but that'd be purely accidental.

@Glass + NUKE: Armiles just wants Kol back. If he is given to Armiles alive, then Armiles would leave. However, I'd hate to think of what Armiles would be like if she no longer had a purpose to pursue. She seems like the kind of demigod to get rather upset if she fails her task...
Hmm, hmm. A compelling argument. Do what you say and you won't continue to destroy stuff. Until you want something else, that is, whereupon you will immediately begin destroying things again, since you know that will get you what you want.
I have a counteroffer: Withdraw Armiles, return Darkness to the caves (both that banished by Armiles and the sun-birds), and swear to bring no High Profile cards into the Acterian Gambit (or take control of/influence High Profile cards to do your bidding)(and withdraw any High Profile cards you may have already played concealed). And agree to call the Kol gambit a draw. Do those things, and I shall release Kol, though I will not hesitate to strike him down should his actions prove detrimental to the Acterians or their pursuit of wisdom.

In fact, let me make this offer IC.

(PS: Where are you talking to Phalanalin from? Are you floating next to her above the First?)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2017, 02:56:48 pm »

NUKE, did you just attempt to overwrite my music for no real reason? And, also, it wouldn't have worked, seeing as how you didn't use an Act to do so...

Also, your throne was already there, as a block of grey stone. It just needed an emblem to sit on top of it.

We don't play favorites in Cerediron's Palace Of Ego Not Getting To Destroy The World.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2017, 03:11:22 pm »

No. Sorry, I thought I made that clear. The instrument plays in silence, complimenting the other music. It does not overwrite it entirely.

I know my throne was already there. Did I say anything about creating a throne? I filled in the crest, as per your request.

EDIT: Looking back at my post, I see where the confusion re:music came from. I've made a small change specifying that it only mutes the other music for brief moments.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:13:36 pm by NUKE9.13 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »

It's okay that I removed the throne, right?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2017, 05:13:30 pm »

Yo, ATH. I don't get you. What's more Passionate than blood sacrifice? I got the impression that you were the god of all strong emotions, good and bad? If the blood sacrifices were being performed in a dull, by the numbers, uncaring manner, I could get you disliking it. But there is nothing to suggest that is the case- indeed, it seems to me that sacrifices performed by what are essentially madmen would be rowdy, impassioned affairs.

I mean, if you really don't want them, you could just, I dunno, tell your worshippers that you didn't create the Darkness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2017, 05:21:57 pm »

Yo, ATH. I don't get you. What's more Passionate than blood sacrifice? I got the impression that you were the god of all strong emotions, good and bad? If the blood sacrifices were being performed in a dull, by the numbers, uncaring manner, I could get you disliking it. But there is nothing to suggest that is the case- indeed, it seems to me that sacrifices performed by what are essentially madmen would be rowdy, impassioned affairs.
Or maybe some gods follow a set of ethics that operates on scales other than "my domain/not my domain". Or maybe that previous scale is just one axis of their ethical code.
Just sayin'.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2017, 05:29:38 pm »

Well Nuke.

Question if Varalin was a normal person. What alignment do you think they would be.

Why does Varalin act the way she does entirely in your opinion? Do you think that she is more than just passion and has her own view of right and wrong?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2017, 05:55:20 pm »

Ah, I see. Morality.

Well, alright then. In my defence, it was not entirely clear that Varalin is supposed to be 'Good'. I mean, anger and hatred are not traditionally considered 'Good' emotions.

And even when a god is 'Good' or 'Evil' (again, Phalanalin is neither), they usually will break alignment if it falls within their sphere. A god of the sea may be 'Good', but they will not hesitate to drown innocent sailors who disrespect the waves. Usually.

But, yeah, alright. I'd play them differently, but I understand where you are coming from. Objection withdrawn.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2017, 05:55:41 pm »

I'm currently feeling really tempted to set up a planet over away somewhere, give it an ecosystem and some sentient beings, and set it off-limits to all the gods, just to see what happens.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2017, 06:00:31 pm »

That would be called singleplayer and intensely boring.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2017, 06:03:54 pm »

No, I mean we all leave it alone, me included. Just kinda watch it, see what happens.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52