Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34777 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2017, 06:04:09 pm »

Ah, I see. Morality.

Well, alright then. In my defence, it was not entirely clear that Varalin is supposed to be 'Good'. I mean, anger and hatred are not traditionally considered 'Good' emotions.

And even when a god is 'Good' or 'Evil' (again, Phalanalin is neither), they usually will break alignment if it falls within their sphere. A god of the sea may be 'Good', but they will not hesitate to drown innocent sailors who disrespect the waves. Usually.

But, yeah, alright. I'd play them differently, but I understand where you are coming from. Objection withdrawn.

Varalin is not nesscarilly good but she is also a person underneath her godhood with her own morals. To determine what she gets angry at and what she doesn't. She is horrified by the blood sacrifice. Becuase they are sacrificing their own. They are sacrificing the children she has been watching and loves truly loves. Furthermore, in her eyes they are killing their own siblings it is like she is watching her own family destroy itself in front of her eyes.

I will be honest. I will say that Varalin probably would not be as horrified if it was something other than acterians being sacrificed. Honestly....she might be a little excited and depending on how people react to that would color her perception most likely.

Right now. She does feel the excitement. But the problem is. That disgust and horror are much stronger emotions than just excitement. As such they overpower that excitement.

Does that make some sense?

Varalin is a very loving kind person at her best. At her worse Varalin could be pretty monstrous.

Varalin is more inclined to do good partially becuase of Acter. Partially becuase of her own morals though not all of her morals are completly good to be honest.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2017, 06:08:26 pm »

Hey, I had a useless but symbolically important point to make with the thrones being identical (Mostly) and uncomfortable.

There was NOT supposed to be a nice comfy chair to replace any of my thrones.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2017, 06:10:48 pm »

Acter doesn't really care about thrones. He's not a terribly pretentious person.

EDIT2:
Hey, I had a useless but symbolically important point to make with the thrones being identical (Mostly) and uncomfortable.
[Insight check roll: nat 1]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:21:35 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2017, 06:12:51 pm »

*pat pat*

I got the point. My throne remains uncomfortable and unchanged.
Long Live United Forenia!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2017, 06:14:45 pm »

I mean. You really thought Varalin would sit in something uncomfortable and mostly identical. Especially when she kinda saw the point your making and disagreed with it.

Aka that not all gods are the same. She  is distancing herself from the other gods via doing this and following suit after Acter.

*pat pat*

I got the point. My throne remains uncomfortable and unchanged.

Ye get my point of why Um...Varalin acts the way she does?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2017, 06:26:03 pm »

I'm...not entirely sure you CAN change it, given that the place was built to be, you know, indestructible and all that.

And created with a Great Act.

Who knows, maybe my character WOULD care about individual creativity, except I've got him trying to make a point about the merits of creation versus destruction.

Honestly, use an act, build a new section of the place connected to the Hall. I'll edit the original description to allow that.

The whole point of the room itself, though, is to emphasize that we're all basically the same, that we're fallible and, presently, unwelcome in the world.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2017, 06:28:49 pm »

I mean. I wouldn't mind doing that. I have 3 acts.

Also, Acter is a bit of a Emotional crutch for Varalin. I think she would be a bit of a darker character without him. She certainly would have started a conflict on her own already.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:38:40 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2017, 06:39:13 pm »

I tend to imagine that Acter just kinda pushed the throne out of the way. Probably as far away as he was able.

The whole point of the room itself, though, is to emphasize that we're all basically the same, that we're fallible and, presently, unwelcome in the world.
Red is no, green is very very yes, and and blue is currently indeterminate but probably yes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2017, 06:49:20 pm »

I mean. I think that we could make it into the world if we made kinda contained bodys or shells. I am thinking of having Varalin make a copy of her body but basically mortal and using just a bit of her conciousness to control it. Aka she can communicate with her people through a kinda copy avatar that she sees through and controls but has none of her power really.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:13 pm »

But that's just it, Glass: We're all powerful, yet strangely limited by a being we don't comprehend, and so far everyone's acted in a selfish and/or foolish manner at one point or a dozen.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2017, 07:18:47 pm »

I think the personalities are a bit too different for most of the gods to be too alike. I don't see much of Varalin in the other gods or the other gods In Varalin.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 14, 2017, 07:20:10 pm »

...I'm trying to figure out how you take Acter and Ralkiesis and decide that they're fundamentally equal. It's not really working.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 14, 2017, 07:25:08 pm »

I mean....I would say that maybe Varalin and Acter are the most alikeish. As in they have kinda simialrish morals compared to the other gods?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 14, 2017, 07:29:02 pm »

I repeat: Immortal, powerful, yet limited in ways we don't understand, and full of mistakes.

Note to self, do NOT give immortal beings from B12 access to planetoids or other places in which life can be tortured.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 14, 2017, 07:32:19 pm »

...I-I dident m-mean to torture ;-;
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52