Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34732 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2017, 06:55:56 am »

...so I should have just spent that act on making the place habitable. :-/ Got it.
Whelp, guess I have one more act than I thought I had, and I just had my consort use an act they didn't need to use. Whoops.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2017, 07:21:57 am »

Just take them back then Glass

Also NUKE i am not saying it is unwise, i am saying it will have major consequences of the good and bad kind.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2017, 07:54:34 am »

Micelus, you want a planet duel?

Well, don't bother, since it's quite literally my planet. Get your own moon!

And for the love of goodness, don't go burning magic into the surface of the First World. It's literally the remains of an unstable mess of magical materials. And a god spent an aeon hammering it into shape.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2017, 08:02:18 am »

what be going on?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 08:03:46 am »

Also NUKE i am not saying it is unwise, i am saying it will have major consequences of the good and bad kind.
Hmm... right. But I'm not sure I want to enact major consequences this early on. I just figured appearing in person was just another thing we could do.
...I'm gonna change it. From direct contact with a god, to direct contact with a god's messenger. Presumably that'll still have major ramifications, but not quite as major.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2017, 08:08:45 am »

Abstract, Micelus is messing with my planetary orbits.

The second world is my private domain. It's not a moon, it's an entire PLANET.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2017, 08:21:57 am »

Don't we combat each other with the card doohickeys rather than acts?

Not that I have cards :p
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2017, 08:26:20 am »

I don't think that that's how gambits work, actually.

They seem more for trying to win influence.

This is just act and counter-act without the nasty side effects that the gambit system tries to prevent.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2017, 08:30:28 am »

Ahh, but isnt making use of a planet a show of influence? Regardless I'll wait till our beloved pankrator deigns to reply.

Also in the event of physical combat, the Tutelospera uses splash. Taking it account it's fuckhugeness, it's SUPER EFFECTIVE

Edit: I'd also reply IC but I'm on the phone right now and typing paragraphs on mobile makes baby Jesus cry
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:35:50 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2017, 08:35:36 am »

Changed my act(s). Shouldn't change anything that comes after. Still built a temple and sought mortal worship, so Jerick's action still makes sense. Still interfering in the mortal world with a being of considerable power, so we can still get to see what sort of consequences that holds. Just toned it down a little bit.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2017, 09:38:39 am »

Since the question came up in Pms:

Knights, Magi and Hounds need to be either created with acts or be empowered with acts before being used. You may also discard cards useless to you (or rather that you deem useless), these will be randomly redistributed among players.

EDIT:

Okay lots of things popping up at once. Again to the Knights Magi and Hounds: You spend an act to create for example a dragon. Now Hounds are created in Batches of seven so that card falls away and Magi need to be able to be concealed, that is conceal their appearance and /or power...so that falls away too, unless you give that dragon magic to shapeshift and so on and so forth.

But for arguments sake, lets say as God of War you put that created Dragon down as your Knight of War. Thus The Card of Knight of War is now occupied by said dragon. If you or anyone plays the Knight of War, the Dragon comes into play in a gambit.

In other words, upon creation you can put down that said creature you just created is part of your House and fills a position therein. Otherwise it is just a normal creature without any stake in your Gambits. It could however become an unbound card in a gambit by virtue of Obelisk being played on it for example or it could become part of another House if someone an entice it to become part of its House.

Now with that resolved on towards your struggles. What Phanalin and Ralkiesis are doing is basically breaking down into a Gambit. Once tries to claim the glory of all the Gods while the other tries to prevent such a thing, beginning with next turn a Gambit will begin between the House of Shadows and the one of Truth.
Similiarly another Gambit will begin between Truth and Making due to Our God of Crafting trying to prevent the Tutelspera from interfering with its worlds.

Now interestingly those two Gambits run on completely different levels. The First one is one for the belief of the people and Low Level Cards make sense to be played here to subtly influence the populace, similiarly in the second Contest its all about the Direct Strength of the Gods and playing a Mason or a Weaver will not really get you anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:00:41 am by Ghazkull »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2017, 09:53:32 am »

So is the thing about planet dueling  settled throughact/counteract or gambit?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2017, 10:00:56 am »

just edited the post read above :P

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2017, 10:20:28 am »

So this sssserpent, would NUKE.19 (Sorry Micelus) have to use a card upon its creation for it to be a member of his house and used in gambits? Or would, since he mAde it to be his champion, it's already his?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:23:41 am by Roboson »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2017, 10:22:20 am »

Nuke's*
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52