Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34718 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2017, 10:24:05 am »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2017, 11:32:49 am »

Yes basically he has right of first pick, if he wants it in his house (and has space) he can assign it to one of the position within his house otherwise it is theoretically up for grabs, that is if you can convince such a being to work for you.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2017, 11:39:13 am »

What about the artifacts we create (such as the book of truth) do they get cards as well? Or are they separate altogether and play no role in gambits?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2017, 11:45:42 am »

They play no role in gambits. However given to a mortal they can sufficiently empower them to put them on Magi , Hound or Knight Power Levels

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2017, 12:18:38 pm »

Is there any advantage to discarding cards? Do we have a maximum hand size?

Once something has been assigned a position in one's house, is it locked in until its death, or can it be freely (so long as it isn't in play, I guess) be changed?
If it is relatively easy to change roles, I'll probably assign Yras to be my Knight for now. Is saying so here sufficient, or should I make an IC post where I officially bestow the title upon them? 
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »

Do it in an IC-Action, and yes positions can be freely changed by you.

Hand size Maximum is ten cards. Advantage to discarding is that if you do it, i will reroll if you get a different card. If the Card is of your House or Unbound you get that card as a compensation.

On a compeltely unrelated note, you guys are neither omnipresent nor omniscient, i've seen way too much floating voices already. If something sufficiently big is going on it makes sense that you as gods notice, but beyond that please refrain from being everywhere at the same time and being aware of everything.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2017, 12:30:48 pm »

Got it. Probably makes sense for that to start with next turn, actually, since there'll be things there to observe the passage of time, preventing everything from happening all at once.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2017, 12:36:03 pm »

On a compeltely unrelated note, you guys are neither omnipresent nor omniscient, i've seen way too much floating voices already. If something sufficiently big is going on it makes sense that you as gods notice, but beyond that please refrain from being everywhere at the same time and being aware of everything.
Ah, right. I forgot.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »

Right I have edited my first post this turn so as not be omnipresent without disrupting how things happened any.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2017, 01:00:45 pm »

Advantage to discarding is that if you do it, i will reroll if you get a different card. If the Card is of your House or Unbound you get that card as a compensation.

So we can discard and redraw the same number of cards? Couldn't that be abused?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2017, 01:12:25 pm »

There's only a chance of getting a new card- it has to be your house, or unbound. So there's a swathe of draws where you get nothing. If you continually discard trying to get the optimum hand, you will inevitably run out of cards.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2017, 01:14:42 pm »

There's only a chance of getting a new card- it has to be your house, or unbound. So there's a swathe of draws where you get nothing. If you continually discard trying to get the optimum hand, you will inevitably run out of cards.

Ah, that makes it much clearer.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2017, 03:39:19 pm »

So... you are, by design, trying to escalate a small-scale conflict about something that doesn't really matter (we all know mortals will ignore the truth before their faces if it conflicts with their desires. They prefer temples over truth. I don't need to do anything to 'win' this gambit) into an epic conflict in which thousands of mortals will die?
I mean, yeah, I guess that fits your personality, but dang, dude.

...also, can you even do that? By which I mean, introduce characters to a gambit by just moving them into the area? If you can do that, then surely I could manually move Yras to the site of the temple to oppose you, eliminating the need for me to ever play a card of my own house, since I can just move them into the gambit as a free action?
Not that I would, because direct confrontation like that is not Phalanalin's style- at least, not unless she substantially outnumbers the enemy. And with all seven hounds in the gambit, my knight wouldn't actually win the fight. A fact I'm sure did not escape your attention when you created them.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2017, 03:55:13 pm »

I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of this action is called, but in essence, yes and no. Yras is at the temples trying to claim credit for Lu's (and other's) actions. Furthermore, as you already have a Knight in play, the conflict isn't escalated (as I've played a card lower than yours already in play). In essence, Lu already has a stake in this gambit (mortal worship) and there is already a powerful card in play. By creating my hounds in this manner, I've left you with options. Either avoid the conflict and surrender the temple, or enter into combat where your knight will be slain.

I did it in this way instead of simply attacking the temple/Yras (if they're still there), so to give you the option not to fight. If my ultimate goal was to fight over this, I would have created my own knight to slay yours and destroy the temple.

And yeah. Totally within the purview of my character's personality.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:57:25 pm by Roboson »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »

That is of course impossible. The Hounds have been created just like your Hound but they won't take part in the Gambit up until someone plays Hounds of Might. Or Eagles of Might in this case :P

Mimjaed. The Above is in regards to Nukes comment

Neither of you have played any cards Roboson the gambit hasn't even begun and you certainly do not have All Seven Hound of Might cards to deploy anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52