Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 13499 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2018, 04:54:57 pm »

Danh's application comes back rejected, with a little sad face, asking him to update his engineering credentials if he would like to apply for engineering jobs.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2018, 08:50:16 am »

Vigil walked down the hallway, head buried deep into his data pad, as he made his way to his non-violent conflict intervention. It was a mostly dull affair, to have to sit in front of a computer and listen to some AI drone on and on about how and why not to threaten and bla blabla.
Quote from: Message From V. Henderson (Business account
Richardo, Is it possible that you Can work on improving the standing of our business, over all (marketing skill stuff), or diversify our businesses stock portfolio, brand awareness, and bring synergy into our dividends? I personally feel getting Vircardo’s name attached to the new Luxury Hotel Akras is building. Maybe offer Some of our students the chance to intern as inturnal security for the hotel, once it is completed? Helping in its name being well spread, might go a long way in that, as well, and you are just as good as I am, when it comes to marketing matters. I, personally, will be busy working on sequencing the Genome of Sheila and her family, to see if there is more to them than meets the eye. I am assuming there is.
- Vigil”

After he sends that, he Signs up for the Spiderbeetle investigation mission, and then thinks to himself, for a moment.

Quote from: V.Spear (personal account)
Hey, want to go out for Tripple stuffed pizza tonight, R.Sword?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »

Sola will try to get a contract through the station to perform an analysis of the asteroid belt through its scanner stations. She considered doing so independently, but she is not much of a gambler.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2018, 12:17:41 am »

Vigil walked down the hallway, head buried deep into his data pad, as he made his way to his non-violent conflict intervention. It was a mostly dull affair, to have to sit in front of a computer and listen to some AI drone on and on about how and why not to threaten and bla blabla.
Quote from: Message From V. Henderson (Business account
Richardo, Is it possible that you Can work on improving the standing of our business, over all (marketing skill stuff), or diversify our businesses stock portfolio, brand awareness, and bring synergy into our dividends? I personally feel getting Vircardo’s name attached to the new Luxury Hotel Akras is building. Maybe offer Some of our students the chance to intern as inturnal security for the hotel, once it is completed? Helping in its name being well spread, might go a long way in that, as well, and you are just as good as I am, when it comes to marketing matters. I, personally, will be busy working on sequencing the Genome of Sheila and her family, to see if there is more to them than meets the eye. I am assuming there is.
- Vigil”

After he sends that, he Signs up for the Spiderbeetle investigation mission, and then thinks to himself, for a moment.

Quote from: V.Spear (personal account)
Hey, want to go out for Tripple stuffed pizza tonight, R.Sword?

Quote from: Message From [email]R.DeCastillo@Akras.com[/email] (Business account
I've never really been that great at marketing. I could try but no guarantees that I'd be any good at it. I like the idea of having Vircado be the face of the Hotel's security detail. I'll see what I can do there. -Ricardo

Quote from: [email]RicardoDecastillo27@gmail.com[/email] (personal account)
Sure
Ricardo stows his gear in his room and stands by a punching bag in the dojo. He cracks his knuckles and starts laying into it, working up a sweat. About five minutes in, he heads back to his room and comes out in a black singlet and combat pants and begins flailing the stuffed bag all over again.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2018, 03:52:54 am »

Vigil and Ricardo send some messages and meet up with the hotel manager. She meets you at the Steakhouse, a high-end five star dining experience not far from the hotel. At first, she seems to feel that there's some promise in the idea, after all, an exotic local martial artist might make a good personal trainer for the hotel gyms. The more it's discussed though, the more she realizes that the added training time probably isn't enough of a value add, since a guest wouldn't have long enough to get past basics and into Vircardo.

She opts against a licensing agreement with Vircardo, but does pay for dinner. She even signs up for a class. [Marketing 37]

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2018, 04:12:19 am »

Sola is able to earn 500 credits working sensors on a mining station between missions.

Among her fellow Gate Astronauts, this might have been viewed as mundane work. Most days she woke, walked to a lab, and looked over readouts, checking for errors, preparing written reports for the command staff. On occasion, she organized a scouting pattern in an area of electronic disturbance. It was surprisingly mundane work, not like managing a martial art's studio or playing with alien genetic matter, it was the outer space equivalent of blue collar, providing survey data, directing mining drones, and otherwise helping to operate the mining facility.

Among her fellows on Rigel Station, however, Sola was a living legend. Having her on crew, working on real science, made all of the workers here feel more important, more deeply a part of things. Sola's performance is consistently competent and achievable, and made others feel that their work really was 'Gate Team Quality'. They weren't just following Gate Astronauts, they were Gate Astronauts, not in the vanguard but in the main team. The camaraderie saw everyone through the long days, far from home.[Sola Sensors 65]

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:53:11 am by retromach »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2018, 08:47:03 am »

Danh angrily applies for the laser cannon project again, making sure to comment on the application that he doesn't have any goddamn science or marketing credentials either, so NONE of these missions fall under his skillset.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:26:26 am by Bill Chompski »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2018, 12:33:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where am I again?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:30:42 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2018, 02:36:34 pm »

Tina Murdoch resumed prototyping in the workshop of her room. One advantage of Mars was space, and it always showed in big, open-concept crew quarters with elaborate desks, automated kitchens, VR spaces, and room for a variety of personal project space. Her workshop was arrayed with a 3d printer and a round table aligned with eight mechanical arms, along with an array of tools for the less precise, more hands-on portions of her plans.

Her latest model seemed relatively complete. Stripped of friend or foe or advanced targeting, the backpack unit's straps can be pulled out and set as bipod legs, with the gun coming out the back. It was sleek and white, and the straps could press into alcoves for the unit to be mounted on a space suit.

She knew the design wasn't pefect. She'd only been able to fit in two magazines without ruining the balance. But, out on the planetside, it seemed to work. Tina pulled the straps into the bipod and set it up, then, sheltering behind security glass, she threw a rock past it. The backpack unit sprayed bullets randomly. Throwing another, it repeated the action.

Akras examined the device. It wasn't going to be particularly useful in most conflict zones, they decided, since most of the tech involved had been around for over a hundred years without being used this way. But, they agreed that it may have uses for gate teams. Tina was offered a price point, 10kc and a 500 credit bonus any time someone (other than her) takes one on a gate mission. It more than doubled her investment in this model, though it didn't fully dig her out of the hole from repeated failures, she also realizes that it might have been worth more if she'd been able to overcome certain design flaws. [Tina Engineering 66]

What does Tina name her new creation?

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2018, 02:38:23 pm »

Danh found the button greyed out, with the 'Engineering Credentials' dropdown highlighted in red.

He could of course apply to any of the mundane work around the planet. Perhaps overseeing land clearance.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2018, 02:39:15 pm »

Frazz could be anywhere at Akras Mars, from his lush crew quarters to the promenade with shops, restaurants, and bars, to the indoor gardens, to somewhere on the surface.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2018, 02:43:12 pm »

Fuck mundane work. The best work is the kind where you make a lot in a little time, like the proper missions. Besides, land clearance? Sounds boring. No.

Danh will instead be spending his time watching various things on the internet, going to the gym, drinking more, and sleeping in, mostly isolated in his relatively bare and empty quarters.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2018, 02:50:04 pm »

Boiy is going to do some meditation in his room
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2018, 04:28:51 pm »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

Tina names it the Barrage Sentry Turret.
It'll suppress anyone approaching, preventing them from entering melee range, but it's limited ammo supply means you can't just place it and forget.
Tina shall also accept the offer, it'll be a quick regain on most of her losses, and it'll give her a steady income, if her invention is good enough.
Besides, she has plans to work on those flaws later.

Though, currently, she needs to keep saving for that.
Tina buys 154 shares (65c), for 10 010 credits. Bringing her to 209 shares and 0 credits.
With that done, she enjoys herself some soda and a sandwich. Which she has Priscilla fetch for her, because she's lazy.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:20 pm »

((OKAY, 3RD TIME DELETING POSTS WHERE I ASKED A QUESTION ONLY TO IMMEDIATELY FIGURE IT OUT ON MY OWN.))

Frazz will reemerge from the Lab where he's been secluded for several weeks, working on "stuff" that is "totally real, shut up, I'm being productive."

Frazz will immediately set to work cutting open some of the bugs, seeing what makes them tick, etc.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:38:52 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23