Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 13497 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2017, 10:51:08 pm »

Boiy applies for Aranya Mission 3
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2017, 11:38:12 am »

Sertan applies to Retromach Mission 3.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2017, 12:59:21 pm »

Vigil applies for Aranya mission 3.
Also, can he get chakrams/ war frisbee?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:06:24 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2017, 01:00:39 pm »

Swap me to Retro's mission. Let's try something different this time :P
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2017, 11:46:35 pm »

Side Mission 1:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164640.msg7615120#msg7615120

While we await Hive Eradication to finish, a short mission on Earth, which will be included in the news.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »

Goddammit. I had to go back and read Foxhound didnt I.

God. I wish things ended differently.

Now Im sad. Like, really sad. Just..... sad.
It just feels... so...unsatisfying. I dunno about you guys, but I put a lot of myself into Frazz. Including parts i wasnt proud of. And Frazz, in return, shaped a bit of my own personality OOC. Foxhound was really the first forum game i got into that really took off (with me along with it.) I just miss the old days. I know Im sounding like an old, rambing coot, but I really just needed to get this off my chest. Its kinda hard just reminiscing solo.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:46:35 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2017, 02:21:59 pm »

Goddammit. I had to go back and read Foxhound didnt I.

God. I wish things ended differently.

Now Im sad. Like, really sad. Just..... sad.
It just feels... so...unsatisfying. I dunno about you guys, but I put a lot of myself into Frazz. Including parts i wasnt proud of. And Frazz, in return, shaped a bit of my own personality OOC. Foxhound was really the first forum game i got into that really took off (with me along with it.) I just miss the old days. I know Im sounding like an old, rambing coot, but I really just needed to get this off my chest. Its kinda hard just reminiscing solo.

It's fine Porks, I miss it too. But it is as what Doubledoor said, don't cry because it ended. Be happy that it happened.

While it was alive, it gave us such fond memories and incredible fun. I'm not sure if I can replicate it with the new Castle or not, but I'm Damn well going to try!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2017, 03:02:20 pm »

...And i never got to see the full extent of my dragon powers either.
Or fighting the Dwarves
Or killing Tal
Or finding Chad
Or becoming BFFs with 003
Or finding a lady dragon
Or revealing Frazzes secret backstory to the world.

Its just a bummer, is all. Theres just a lot of regret.

Who the Frack is Doubledoor?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2017, 08:16:13 pm »

Oh you know, the guy that Snape killed?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2017, 10:21:42 pm »

Wait what?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2018, 07:37:10 pm »

Back at base, Danh ignores everything except three things;
-Getting the gore covered gear off.
-Showering.
-Drinking enough to pass out and forget the shitshow that was the hive eradication.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2018, 05:05:43 am »

March 3rd, 2118

"And in the news the fighting has intensified in the conflict between the United States and the Latin Union over the ownership of Monsanto United. The fighting continues to be intense in Tucson, which erupted earlier this year into armed conflict. A runner team were able to infiltrate the city power grid, shutting down security systems across the city before launching a series of assaults on automated drone manufactories. The damage is said to be non-critical to the war effort, however the blackout led to a riot that has so far caused two hundred million kilocredits in damage to civilian properties."

"In local news, Akras stock price surged to 65 credits/share after a series of stunning successes."

The Akras logo shifted across the screen, then, a ship.

"First in the news, confirmation today of alien life in our universe, as the crew of the Starship Zarastro returned with sensor data detailing a battle with a four-dimensional life form. Though damage to the ship was extensive, these new sensor models have allowed the development of more advanced, four dimensional sensors, which promise not only to expand our understanding of the cosmos, but circumvent most known jamming systems, including faraday cages. The Zarastro's scans indicate valuable sources of rare earth minerals used in laser construction, and, with the war on Earth progressing, Akras Heavy Industries is poised to expand into weapons and military technology, supplying our astronauts and personnel the very best equipment the galaxy has to offer."

The Akras logo flew up from the corner of the screen, and spun again, then receded, settling on a new image.

"Excavation of the New Australia site continues after a successful mission to secure the surrounding area, promising a safe work environment for all of us here at Akras as we move into our new home. Bids are already being arranged for real estate in the rich atmosphere, which as yet has no pollution laws. Akras has announced that proceeds from these sales will go towards an alien research facility and preservation. Akras personnel were able to save a family of spiderbeetles during the construction process, who have since hatched in our medical bay. They'll be moving to a larger enclosure on New Australia as they grow. Now, for something really special, we've licensed this month's episode of 'Will it spiderbeetle!'"

The spiderbeetle logo spun, along with the signature jaunty light jazz music.

"Hey this is Ramone, head of biology at Akras Mars, and we have something very special for you, because last week, our team brought back some amazing, intact spiderbeetle eggs, and today, they've hatched. And it looks like... we've caught ourselves.."

The camera panned to a small, adorable infant spider beetle, with an extended abdomen. "A baby queen. First hatchling - I think that queens might hatch in the absense of certain pheremones. Anyway, science junk aside, this is Princess, and she'll be one of the new stars of the show, along with three brothers."

More tiny spiderbeetles wandered in the enclosure. Ramone continued. "So now.. what you've all been waiting for. Will! It! Spiderbeetle!"

Lights switched on, and a camera recorded the inside of a steel box. In picture in picture, you could see it lowering into the enclosure, the spiderbeetles circling and eyeing it slowly. Inside... a beautiful birthday cake.

The box fell open and a chorus of spiderbeetles leapt into the cake. The shot shifted to the pen-view, as the spiderbeetles leapt into the cake and it practically exploded, covering the window in a slosh of pastry and frosting. Another line of it struck like a bloodsmear, and the camera picked back up inside, showing happy spiderbeetles rolling in cake, making adorable happy noises as they ate and squirmed playfully.

The news show resumed with the anchorwoman laughing cheerfully. "Wasn't that a treat. This has been Akras News."

The show faded. The jobs board came up. It looked like Akras wasn't scheduling the next gate incursion for some time, giving people a chance to sign up, and enjoy some time to work on special projects. Beside the screen, crowds gathered in Vircardo for a class. Vigil and Ricardo found themselves with time again to reach out to their Russian contact.

Players may take a mini mission, or work on an invention, or a project related to a business during this time period, or just take down time.

Upcoming Mission: New Gate Exploration

Apply now! Paying 5kc. The team will be expected to explore the castle on the far side, deploy an aerial survey drone, and complete and additional exploration objectives set based on those scans. Payment extensions upon negotiation if mission lasts beyond 2 months.

Jobs Board

Sell Factory Space on New Australia
Type: Marketing
Description: Meet with representatives of manufacturing firm. Play host, present Akras Gate Program as fun and glamorous. Convince representatives that New Australia will be a safe and lucrative investment over a 3 day, 5-star holiday.
Pay: 1kc

Investigate Spiderbeetle Symbiote/Parasite
Type: Biology
Description: Analyze and genetically sequence DNA from samples collected on New Australia to determine the nature and origin of these creatures, and any useful chemical functions.
Pay: 0.5kc plus 10% of the sale value of your findings

Establish Laser Manufacturing Plant
Type: Engineering
Description: Travel to Sirius to oversee design of an Akras Model Laser Cannon, and automate it's construction.
Pay: 3kc
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:23:23 am by retromach »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2018, 12:55:16 pm »

Danh signs up for the laser cannon thing. He also sells his 210 shares, adding up to 13,650 credits.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2018, 02:32:13 pm »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

Tina sells 75 Stocks (65c), for 4 875 Credits, bringing her total to 55 Stocks and 5 010 Credits.
She doesn't want to reuse any of the parts from the previous attempt, to prevent any errors to carry over.
Tina retries her Sentry Gun Project, investing 5 000 Credits.
"This b-better not... blow up... again."
Tina figures it'll be worth the investment, as it'll surely have a use in New Australia, or any new castles for that matter.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23