Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 13488 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2018, 10:31:13 pm »

All who came to the range would find Frazz standing in front of the firing range, messing with a most unusual gun

He's got it on a small table, and finishes reattaching a plate to its side as you walk up.

"Oh, hey guys! Check this thing out! It's my design for a utility item and combat support weapon all in one!"

Standing in the middle of the range is a slightly nervous looking intern. Around him are several balls of congealed substance that looks similar to crystalline cottage cheese
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:33:48 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 19, 2018, 10:41:02 pm »

"I hope, for the intern's sake, that it is not a long-range welder."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2018, 10:51:14 pm »

"Oh, no. That's next on the list!"

Frazz pulls down a pair of goggles and turns to face the inter
"Alright Jimothy! Let's do this!"

The intern (presumably Jimothy) pulled on a small o2 mask with a built in canister as well as his own goggles, and closed his eyes

[rolled 92+2=102]

T-CHUNK, T-CHUNK, T-CHUNK

The cannon in Frazzes hands shoots out quick volley of off-white globs, immediately hitting Jimothy. They quickly expand to quickly cover his entire body below the head, rooting him in place

"Lady and gentleman, I present to you: The Glue Gun."

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:55:10 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2018, 11:03:21 pm »

"Hmm, looks useful indeed actually. Might be good for collecting samples next time we're out as well. I can see... some utility uses, but it seems more towards just being a good non lethal solution."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2018, 11:32:52 pm »

Vigil looked at all of his paperwork. A research paper were due in two months, and he had started no research. While his business was still growing, he could see the rate at which it was, starting to fall, and without new exposure, it could turn into an actual decline. Then there was his personal project. The Yetis. They were safe, for now, but, the planet would be divided up, soon, and sold to the highest bidder. It was a small testament to his meager knowledge of marketing to know that leaking their exsistance by calling them sentient would cause just enough of an uproar that it would protect them from just being coldly pushed out of the way, but that doesn’t stop investors, especially if they view them as nothing more than animals.
He rubbed his hair in a fit of frustration. He had put far too much on his plate. There was absolutely no way he could get it all done-
And then it hit him. He had an idea.

Vigil signs up for the Christmas Village Coordinator job , printing out extra fliers and  coming up with set marketing plans around having an Observatory like Continental Park, where the guest of the theme park will be compelled to give donations to a Anthropological research on how alien cultures form. If he can get that working, he can attach his company name to it, keeping it in the public eye for just a little while longer.
He also sells 230 of his personal stocks to get 17.48kc , to help him take all the classes he will have to take. Tutors aren’t cheap.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:55:04 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2018, 01:06:53 am »

Boiy will sign up for the Artifact Analysis
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2018, 05:58:21 am »

[Tina Murdoch - Priscilla]

Tina checks on her android. The memory stores wiped, several bulletholes, and who knows what the castle effect could've done to it's circuitry.
With the damage, how long it'll take to reformat her, and how much of a failure she's been, Tina decides to just stuff her into a cabinet, and never use her again.
It's a shame, but Tina has no need for a drone, especially not an android, that instantly goes rogue.

Tina will participate in the bid, the sum however... secret.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2018, 04:04:33 pm »

The Dutch Auction convened. A few speculators came to join, watching the price go down.

Numbers spun down...

They came like a blur over the screen, counting down twenty each second. Every five seconds, the price had gone down another hundred. Tina and Priscilla leaned forward, watching the counter go down, thumbs poised over the button. Boiy sat across the aisle from them, eyes narrowed. A pair of speculators behind them waited to see if the price dropped below their speculation point.

Tina lurched and pressed her button. The clock stopped at 10,000, with the words 'Item Sold'. Her screen lit up with her credit balance, which shrank even faster than the item's price. She had the artifact.

Tina, go ahead and roll Archaeology to begin your study after you've marked off 10kc. Boiy, you can apply for other work.

Vigil, you're taking on a Marketing role for this project, remembering your favorite classic designs and building nostalgia, not attempting anything that's too complex from an engineering standpoint. Christmas Park has land set aside for the zoo, but otherwise, roll marketing to create an admixture of classical Christmas warmth and exciting alien zoological exploration.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2018, 04:07:37 pm »

Kaito would come up to Stella, a bit of a relaxed smile on his face. His personality seemed to change a bit when he wasn't on a mission. "Hey Stella, I noticed you'd been signing up for the higher command classes too. Were you thinking about taking on that job to help build up the display center?"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2018, 04:21:10 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina had converted some stock beforehand, 66 to be exact.
This brings her balance from 5 000c and 309 stocks, to 16c, and 243 stocks.
It was pricey, but well worth it in her opinion. This artifact has mysteries and potential. After all, Boiy said it was more than meets the eye.
For what did this orb do? Sustain the octopus? Let the octopus see through solid matter? Or... is it to blame for Priscilla's sudden betrayal?

Anyway, time to check it out. Tina is no archaeologist, but she gazes into the eye nontheless, trying to figure it out.
[Archaeology 63] Tina's eye is no explorer's eye, but certainly an engineer's. She is quick to take notes, trying to unlock it's mysteries.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:46:18 pm by Happy Demon »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2018, 04:48:25 pm »

Tina stared at it, not even sure where to begin. She made some notes about it, took some measurements, analyzed it, tried to figure out what to do with it, exactly, to make it go. After a day of serious cataloging, she went to sleep, and dreamed of Akras Mars.

The corridors were empty, and ghostly, devoid of anything like life or really even light, save a faint glow that she herself seemed to cast. She couldn't see herself as she looked around, spinning this way and that. But she felt drawn towards something, floating towards it, dreaming of desiring to find it's source.

Then she dreamed of the bio lab, floating in. No one was here, nothing was moving, or being worked on, a state the lab would never have been in in reality. But this was the world of a dream. Sheila and her brood floated nearby. The Lunar Moth, apparently happy enough in our atmosphere, slept fluttered in a small enclosure, looking over at someone.

Then Tina dreamed she was one of them. Which did she dream of being?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2018, 04:53:56 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Well, moth of course. She has had recent experiences with it. And she's never actually seen those spiderbeetles from New Australia in person.
Besides, her social akwardness isn't fit for eusocial insects.
But this is an odd dream, but being a dream, it's surprisingly mundane so far.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2018, 05:01:22 pm »

Tina looked out through the Moth's eyes. She watched one of the lab technicians playing by the side of the container, smiling, thinking she was adorable. The lab tech ran her fingers along the glass. Tina looked up, now completely in control of the moth's actions inside the enclosure. Looking over at a bottle of sugarwater hanging in, she knew it would be delicious. Examining a branch hung inside, she knew it would feel cozy. In every sense, she felt, she was the Christmas Moth, experiencing it's instincts, feelings, and senses, and controlling it's body like it had always been her own.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2018, 05:24:53 pm »

[Tina Moth]

An eye opening experience, to be sure, Tina buzzes her wings, and looks around.
Sustenance in the bottle, the branch a perch. But also, a fricken giant finger outside.
She looks at the lab technician for a bit, before getting some sugarwater. Then she flew over to the branch, to land on it.

There's not much to do right now. She could maybe test some suspicious behavior, but in her current state of mind and location, nothing strikes her fancy.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2018, 05:33:51 pm »

She relaxed, feeling a bit bored, until she woke up.

It was very strange, at first. She felt her blankets, and her bed, and saw the crystal eye staring at her, but also felt the branch, and saw the lab, and the technician eating noodles. It was like having one arm trailing out of bed and onto the floor - there was no duplication or overlap in feelings, just, feelings in one of her bodies, and feelings in the other. She found that she could stand up easily, and flutter around, though trying to do very different things was like trying to rub her belly and pat her head at the same time.

Her human body was hungry, and needed to pee. Her moth body was sleepy, and wanted to bed down.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23