Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 71921 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: One replacement needed
« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2017, 01:04:21 pm »

but now we finally get to the stuff that does actually matter. for these, I'm going to start actually putting some analysis of the posts in, to keep what is me clear, i'll put all my comments in mediumorchid text
Spoiler: Hapah on RVS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hapah on RVS p2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hapah vs doll (click to show/hide)
-snip AGAIN for character limit-
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 11, 2017, 01:04:46 pm »

Spoiler: Hapah on doll (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hapah on replacements (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2017, 01:05:58 pm »

also, I hate my slow internet, because I think I may have fucked up on my attempt to last-second tiebreak if I'm wrong about the timezones. yay for it taking forever for my post button to process.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 11, 2017, 01:12:46 pm »

anyways, the core of what I'm trying to point out here is actually similar to the case against 4mask. I just plain don't see much any serious pushing on anyone. The prod of doll is okay, and Hapah is encouraging good play out of roo and johiah, but I don't see any hard pressure.

however, I will retract the accusation that Haph's case on doll is reactionary, because it clearly is not. it may be tunneling, but on that front pot meet kettle, because tunneling is exactly what I've been doing since I replaced in.

I still consider Haph scum, and want a Hapah lynch.
I still consider Haph's case on doll horrible in quality.
I still do not see any signifigant difference between the case against johiah and the case against 4mask, such as would make the case against 4mask scummy and the case against johiah valid.
I still view Haph's vote as hypocritical, considering the circumstances, and I see Hapah's actions as setting up to attempt to lynch doll at a future date.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2017, 01:30:20 pm »

I think there's still 30 mins left, leaving my vote on OSG to avoid any repeat mistakes though. I would be voting Hapah if it wouldn't cause a tie.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2017, 01:37:03 pm »

You were 8 seconds late to tiebreak if the deadline was 1pm, not really sure what the point would be in me reading things right now if there's only 45 minutes left if it's 2 pm, it takes me a lot longer than that to post things, and I haven't properly read through all the stuff since people got replaced...

I will say to OSG (oh hey you're back yourself man ;)) that he's voting TBF for what is essentially TBF's meta. He's... not the best player. I'm uncertain if this is intentional, because he does it as town and scum, and is consequently tough to read, but it is fair to say that his play benefits the scum a lot more than it does the town.

In terms of who to lynch, like I said before, it seems the 4 major cases we've had this day have been more or less the same, with a few personal views sprinkled in over why any particular case is more notable than any other.

I think there has been a lot of good stuff generated this day, the main issue being that in order for it all to begin making sense, someone has to flip. The main problem with that is that we've just had a third of the town replace in at the deadline so... that's not all that helpful for all that would happen after the flip to make sense.

Lenglon and doll were quite open regarding their intentions, tunneling and not having a particularly solid case (or one that could be applied to almost half the town) respectively, so... that counts in their favour. It probably shouldn't in Lenglon's case, but oh well.

I am wondering wtf FoU thought they would achieve by announcing a pressure vote on Hapah shortly before the deadline. Strikes me as very odd, particularly when his next post he says this:

[1]At any point was this post cut down and made shorter? [2] Did you have other questions or commentary? [3] Methinks you were writing up a different sort of post. Or am I wrong and I'm coocoo for cocoa puffs? [4] Also what a terrible thing you just did. Why are trying to get us into rvs again after all the effort I put into getting us out? [5] Do you have nothing to discuss? Nothing at all in the current thread interests you or piques your curiousity? You have over 10 pages worth of content and this is the first impression you choose? [6] You have fallen very greatly in my list of town reads.
First of all, a complement. Your play's gotten a lot better.

Now then.
[1]: Probably not.
[2]: At the time, no. Now, though...
[3]: Clearly coocoo for cocoa puffs.

[4]: Oh, that was more for myself. Also helped justify my vote on Hapah a little bit. I'm not trying to move the game back into RVS, I'm just sprinkling it with a little RVS sauce to make it taste better.
Pouring.

[5]: Refer to my previous post attacking Hapah.

[6]: Hm. Does that mean you think I'm scummy? I would think there would be a difference between ineffective town and passive scum.

Which... makes it seem the only reason he was voting Hapah was to look as though he was actually wanting to engage, but not actually engage enough for it to be notable (the vote made a 4-way tie at that point) or for it to influence the game in any way. I do share roo's disdain that FoU thought it was a good idea to ask RVS questions so late in the day with the content we have available.

Also that number 6. Awfully defensive, since roo merely said the town read was decayed, not that he fell into a scum read. Perhaps I need some clarification about this, but it's a bit late...

FoU

I'll risk this since Lenglon said they were around. We should have enough time to convince each other that their case is best, or to back off.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »

Hapah
I am NOT happy with a FoU lynch, 4mask and Hapah are both better than that IMO

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2017, 01:49:08 pm »

Oh hell too many vote changes... I think that ties things up again..?

See I'm kind of unwilling to lynch Hapah, 'cause of all the players who had a "their inactive!" case against them, I think Hapah's was the least egregious.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2017, 01:49:45 pm »

Equally so, the person I think should be lynched is voting for them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2017, 01:59:33 pm »

Smeg.

Johiah, least useful player right now, being replaced.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2017, 02:08:23 pm »

FoU was the lynch lead until you voted Johiah, i didn't tie it, i un-tied it.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2017, 02:11:40 pm »

Oh, I must have misread the forum time.

Is the day over now?Or did I misread it again?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2017, 02:25:58 pm »

The deadline was 2pm, so hector13 got his vote in by 30 seconds. I'll get an official day-end post in shortly.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Two replacements needed
« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2017, 02:48:00 pm »

The day is finally over. You decide to vote on who the most suspicious person is. There isn't a clear majority, but there is a plurality.

"johiah, we're pretty sure you've been lying to us this entire time."
...no response.
"johiah, we think your country has been plotting against the rest of us."
...no response.
Then you realize that his chair is empty and that he left a long time ago. You shrug and leave. That night, a joint invasion of johiah's country shows that it's innocent. Unfortunately, it can't continue to participate in the negotiations you've been having because invading it caused significant internal turmoil.

Hapah(2): FallacyOfUrist, Lenglon
FallacyOfUrist(1): johiah
johiah(3): Hapah, Gentlefish, hector13
Gentlefish:
Doubloon-Seven hector13:
TheBiggerFish(1): origamiscienceguy
roo:
4maskwolf origamiscienceguy(2): TheBiggerFish, roo
webadict Lenglon:

Not voting:

johiah has been lynched! He was vanilla town.

Night 1 has begun. It will end in 24 hours at 2pm forum time Friday, May 12.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2017, 05:41:20 pm »

Lock thread?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36