Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Arthurian High Adventure - Sign-ups (OOC Thread)  (Read 13900 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

You're going to have to elaborate by what you mean by 'playing the flute', because I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. +1k1 is also a weird bonus too so... Yeah. Other than that she seems fine. Also is it just me or do your characters seem to have a lot of parental issues?

I left my relationship with my characters father as an unknown, his character mostly to be developed by the GM as fitting the setting.

As for her, you'd think she'd be mad about getting cursed, but I don't think she would be. You'll note she wasn't cast from home as a cliched orphan, in fact she got extensive martial and arcane training that led her to become a Knight...I'm thinking it might have partly been from him. And while she has to atone for her fathers sins, she has a clearly selfish reason to do so. I think in the setting, bartering your way out of a curse-passing it on-might actually be seen as a purely good thing. I believe the Arthurian age values cunning to an extent. How long would a newborn babe and a pregnant woman have survived alone in the wilds, without someone to take care of them? For a man not sworn to die by honor, letting his family starve for it, would be a sin. Assuming he was telling the entire truth about how be bartered not only her life, but to give her an extra thirty three years to find a way out of the deal.

In my head-canon, he and she have an understanding about what happened. He was hunting for food and he never had an eye for beauty or purity, only how much meat was on the bones, or the coin he might fetch from the hide. She might not like it, but she understands it was done only partly out of selfishness, and more so out of practicality. I believe that practical, common sense nature would have been inherited by her-warring with the more sentimental and empathetic spirit she shares a body with. It's probably why she is a Hunter at heart, but for knowledge, instead of blood.

Anyway I've thought about it. :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:37:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Well, I also mostly left Aoife, Naoise and Branwen to the imagination, but I'd like to think that they all wanted to protect their child/grandchild. Branwen did do some magical charms to keep their little family out of danger.

Naoise is a bit harder; considering the timeline, I doubt Naoise would've been around long enough for Deidre to remember much of him, especially as he "disappeared" into the wilderness one day, but considering he went with Aoife instead of ditching her when she went into exile, I doubt he wouldn't have cared for her. Aoife's the easiest; she definitely did watch over her daughter and teach her everything she knew; raising her alone in a swamp must've been difficult.

So yeah, Deidre's issues would probably be nothing to do with her parents and everything to do with the fact that she grew up in a swamp and her first exposure to the world was to be burned at the stake for witchcraft :P

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to change my ability to a passive bump to stealth. I may revisit invisibility when I have a better grip on the system.

My new sheet.
Spoiler:  "Owen the Unseen" (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@USEC: Btw, will we need to/could we provide some sort of character portrait to fit of our own to fit into the dramatis personae so people could tell our characters apart better? Would it have to be small, or will you just get/make them yourself?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

You don't need to provide a character portrait. But if you want to provide one I wouldn't refuse it. Ideally it'd be 50x50 pixels in side, to fit in with the NPC ones, but it's not a hard rule.

I definitely won't be making them myself though. The only reason I'm making them for the NPCs is so that they're easy to tell apart when speaking. Coloured text only goes so far when you have double-digits worth of NPCs, some of which show up more often than others. You know what I mean?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll start looking...it's hard to find one so small that stands out. :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find larger images that I like, crop them and then scale them down to the correct size. So if you can't find anything small enough, that's always an option.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I looked through alot of pictures, before I realized no one would look closely anyway. :P

Anyway, this looks alright to me.

"I'm ashamed to admit I really like the taste of venison. Less competition for forage later on, I suppose."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:21:04 am by Dwarmin »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I actually had a picture in mind as soon as I saw we could use them.

"Something something, I'm a bad person."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

sour knight man
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Caliana doesn't have a portrait. For religious reasons. Yep. Totally just religious reasons. Nothing fishy about that.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

How about this? Would this work for you? It's not so horribly stretched now.

-snip-

And for you, KJ?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

-snip-

How about this? Would this work for you? It's not so horribly stretched now.

-snip-

And for you, KJ?
Yep that works fine.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

I think I'm going to make it out of combat only, so I'll boost it up to 3k2 if that's ok?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Can't really think of a portrait, or what I'd even want to look like.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14