Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Order of the White Branch: Arthurian High Adventure - Sign-ups (OOC Thread)  (Read 13841 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

The Order of the White Branch
IC Thread

The Order of the White Branch is a Arthurian, high fantasy forum game, based around a group of like-minded paladins, enchanters and commoners riding out to right wrongs, fight monsters, rescue damsels and wrestle personifications of nature into submission. At the same time these brave knights will literally remake the Kingdom of Galwalas from the ground up, making decisions that will shape its future and its inhabitants, for good or for ill. Gameplay and combat is designed to be quick and fast-paced instead of getting bogged down on tedious number crunching that usually afflicts such games. The focus is more on roleplaying, decisions made throughout the course of many adventures, and the friendships and rivalries which you make along the way.

While the player limit is quite high, characters will be accepted based on how well they fit into an Arthurian backdrop. This is a game about noble men and women adventuring for the good of the realm and righting what wrongs they encounter, not angsting over their traumatic backstories or brooding in the shadows.

Spoiler: Gameplay and Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Backstory and Fluff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:05:34 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dramatis Personae
Players:
Paladins:
Alfrieda Ygraidine (Dwarmin)
Arvaine the Just (KingMurdoc)
Robert, bastard of Leif (S34N1C)
Thorsteinn Ásmundarson (Criptfeind)

Enchanters:
Alice Meledian (Kansa)
Deidre (IamanElfCollaborator)
Klippe Holbar The Man of Sea and Stone (Roboson)
Magnus and Magda the Mad Magi (DragonRage)
Owen of Unson (Sudurandom)
Vincent Uelm (OceanSoul)

Commoners:
Antonio Di Vini (Powder Miner)
Judas (kj1225)
Lillian Rook (Twinwolf)

Non-Players:
Queen Eirwen and her Inner Circle:
- Queen Eirwen the Brave. A determined and unyielding warrior. Teams of assassins and entire armies where not enough to keep her from her birthright. Woe be to him who tries to take it away from her again.

- Baron Rheinallt the Lame. An loyal yet distant cousin of the queen. His youth and disability have led many to dismiss him. Time and time again he has shown why this is a serious mistake.

- Confessor Ekkehard. The queen's personal and devoted priest. Most clerics shy away from the battlefield. Ekkehard prefers to deliver the last rites with cross in one hand and mace in the other.

- Conrad von Ullmann. A foreign-born, magical prodigy. He became attached to Queen Eirwen's court when she was abroad. His intelligence ensured that he remained a part of it when she returned.

- Lady Jeanne de Lorraine. A French noblewoman. Her coin paid for Queen Eirwen's armies and mercenaries. Now that the throne is won, she is certain to want it back with interest.

Important Members of Castle Camlann:
- Enchanter Bran. An old and experienced enchanter. A graduate of Oxford university, he was one of King Illtyd's trusted advisers. With the return of Queen Eirwen he has come out of hiding to offer what help he can.

- Sergeant-at-Arms Conor. A cheerful warrior. He was one of the few soldiers who accompanied the Queen during her escape. Once the Tyrant was defeated he was given command of Castle Camlann's garrison.

State of the Kingdom

Kingdom of Galwalas:
Lost to the Primordial Fog.
Status unknown.

Castle Camlann:
Heavily garrisoned.
Moderately provisioned.
Strong morale.

Plot Hooks
  • Recover Wybyd from the Primordial Fog.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:07:40 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Spoiler: common people (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:06:48 pm by kj1225 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:43:43 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

I might do something for this
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Can't decide if I should go for a Viking-like character whose honor code just so happens to be aligned with the code of chivalry (with a few exceptions for pillaging the bad guys, of course), a lady knight or a dancer with magical powers (too much reading Ninian fanfic).

Or scrap all three ideas and go for a commoner who ends up caught in the whole mess.

Also, dayum, it's been a while since there's been a medieval fantasy game not called Fire Emblem on Forums. :P

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

I love medieval roleplays. I'll make my character this evening. 
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

i might make a character for this I guess lol
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Will Initiate Progress.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:43:08 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I hope this works. :P I really like the concept, tho I wonder if it's workable.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:23:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved. Working on sheet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might do something for this

I would be pleased if you did. I quite enjoy having you around, both as a GM or fellow player.

Also, dayum, it's been a while since there's been a medieval fantasy game not called Fire Emblem on Forums. :P

I'm sure there's been a few. None of which I paid much attention to but still. They're out there.

Expression of the Mind: Once every 3 Tales, a rune based on a crucial aspect to a memory made since the start of the game may be used once. For example, a memory of a village on fire, to the point where the villagers were forces to evacuate could be used for a Fire rune, maybe one of Escape. Cannot call upon the same memory more than once.[/spoiler]

Just so that I'm clear, this lets you use some event in a previous tale as a Rune in a Ritual? If so then I love it, since it sounds like a unique and interesting ability. Definitely something I'd accept.

I hope this works. :P I really like the concept, tho I wonder if it's workable.

I love it too. Just one minor quibble. Honour is an ability which you get automatically as a Paladin. So that still leaves one free for you to make up. Other than that it looks good though.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Alright, I can add one more.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Spoiler: sour knight (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:45:48 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14