Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106361 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1590 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16:39 pm »

"An' what are yer soundin' so smug 'bout, huh?!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 10, 2018, 06:18:16 pm »

Having finished the meal given to him minutes ago, Kaldach had leaned forward with his arms on the table, staring downward in thought as Martyn then got his attention.
: "Huh?" The mercenary glanced up, "...Right. I'd wager she's still concerned over how I've been fighting." He paused to shake his shoulder, rattling the Devil Sword behind it, "Risky, I know. But necessary. Probably doesn't help the last couple fights were won by the skin of our teeth."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 10, 2018, 06:30:56 pm »

Bertholt simply lets out a low chuckle, deciding to let Roux squirm a little instead.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 10, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »

Farra left to go join the others shortly after, telling those that were left to send her personal thanks to Creos and making doubly-sure the bow was in tip-top shape. By now, her food was plenty cool, and she went to eating. She was never the fastest eater, and always ate with conversation flowing at the table, so she decided to ask about this place to the woman working the food.

"Say, Ma'am, how long has this place been around? It's a fine establishment, and I only wish I could visit when the ashfall wasn't so heavy"
She brushed the ash off her armour while she thought of it, even though it would be a worthless effort by the time they left the building for even a minute.

The old woman shrugged, and immediately regretted it based on her expression and the incredibly loud cracks that sounded from her joints. "Damn this old body. Oh I don't know young miss, my mother's father used to tell me about how his granddad set the place up, but I couldn't tell you when that was if I'm to be honest. The ashfall isn't so bad if you don't stand around outside in it, and it sweeps up easy enough. Shame you can't enjoy the springs o'course, but dredging them for the ash is a fool's errand and no mistake."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 12, 2018, 04:52:05 pm »

"Ah, I see, no wonder why it holds up well. I always imagined that the ash would be easy enough for me to deal with, considering the sandstorms in Anecca, but it just seems to stick in different ways."

Hmm... Maybe she'd come back here someday, if she ever got out of this alive. She always wanted to see the sights, though she never expected to see much outside of Izzarra when she decided that this was what's right.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 12, 2018, 06:23:37 pm »

Roux made an irritated noise.
"Shoulda sold yer for th' ransom after all."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 12, 2018, 07:38:52 pm »

Kaldach looked aside for a good minute.
: "...No Esther either. Hm."
With a glance back to the table, he picked up the bowl in front of him and stood, stopping a brief moment to place the bowl in front of the old chef before continuing on to leave the inn. Once outside, he glared up into the sky towards the volcano looming over the city. Hand over his head to provide some shelter from the falling ash, he tried to look around on the side of the volcano, squinting to see whether there were any manmade pathways creeping up from the foot.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 12, 2018, 07:48:36 pm »

"I visited Anecca once when I was a girl." The old woman croaked, her expression sour. "I was finding sand in my clothes for months. I don't know how your people stand it."

Kaldach, meanwhile, quickly found a path that led up to the mountain, currently being navigated by several carts and some people with baskets. From the look of it, it seemed to wind back and forth across the near face of the volcano, and likely went all the way to the peak.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 12, 2018, 07:57:37 pm »

The mercenary continued to watch the movements along the mountain path, trying to gauge the pace they were moving.
: "..."
It seemed like a long way, the clouds above betrayed no sense of the time of day, but it was likely that a round trip to the peak would take at least a whole day. But perhaps, at least, he could take a closer look. His face seemed to tense as he lifted his right hand to clasp his left shoulder, briefly clutching it before starting to make his way towards the base of the mountain path.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 12, 2018, 08:13:39 pm »

"...You sure? I think we need to keep our strength up and it's been a good while since you've eaten." she took a couple steps closer, seeming a little concerned, but probably not reading the mood right.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 12, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »

Kaldach's progress was impeded at the base by a pair of guards. They were in the same garb as the ones the group had encountered at the entrance to the city. "Woah there stranger, state your business." Behind the men was the path up the volcano, as well as a cavern entrance at the side of it.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 12, 2018, 10:52:51 pm »

Kaldach stopped just short of the guards.
: "...Just a foreigner trying to get a lay of the land. Take it the volcano's important enough to guard?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 12, 2018, 10:57:04 pm »

"That's what they tell us." Said the first man, being unhelpful.

The other one spoke up after a moment. "The city relies on the volcano. Once, a long time ago, some bastard tried to cap it with a sheet of ice. Didn't work but magic improves, same as technology. Don't want to risk some cheeky son of a bitch giving it another go."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 13, 2018, 12:02:56 am »

Again, she answered with a quick shake of her head before elaborating.

"I'll be fine. I have some desert rations If I need them but I'm really not too hungry right now. Go enjoy the food. I'll see more about this town. Maybe I can find something useful to do."

Do something useful... For once. That would be nice.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 13, 2018, 12:17:34 am »

: "...Ice? Even I'd think to at least use something that wouldn't melt in two minutes."
The mercenary glanced further up the mountain.
: "Don't suppose there's a time people can just get a closer look, is there?"
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 146